What's new

India to outpace China in 2011: WB

Came back to check the thread and it grew 10 pages overnight lol.

Guys all this talk about political systems is getting ridiculous. First of all we are straying off topic and second of all I would want to remind everyone that each country's political system is taylored to the respective country's needs. Forced adaption of the Indian political system in China may be as catastrophic as the forced adaption of the Chinese political system in India.

Ok Chinese members seem to have a misconception that India is massively corrupt and China isn't

Here is data from Transparency International

| Index |
Rank |Country| 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002
(2009)
79 China 3.6 3.6 3.5 3.3 3.2 3.4 3.4 3.5

84 India 3.4 3.4 3.5 3.3 2.9 2.8 2.8 2.7

The ranks (79,84) and indices (3.4, 3.6) are almost the same.

(higher numbers on the index and lower ranks means less corruption)

As you can see India's score has improved from 2002 to 2009, China's score has remained almost constant.

The news report of massive scandals in India is a result of free media, but it does seem to be playing a role in decreasing corruption

Last edited:
hahahaha:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Did democracy lead to farmers death? If you are implying that, then you are the most idiotic person I have ever met. Farmers commit suicide because of the hurricane washouts that happen regularly in India. They loose all their crop and left behind with debt they took to raise those crops. There's nothing a government can do to avoid that.

Chinese farmers are happy because they have a bigger market where they can sell their goods. No one is comparing India to China of today. India is 10-12 years behind China.

All those links you provided above, those are from our media. They came out because media is free in our country. China will have similar or even worse human right violations, but who would report it. They'd be put to jail claiming anti-nationalist.

Also, please try to use better translator software, so your language can be comprehensible.

That is not a democratic system to lead the peasants died, but the Chinese system better able to avoid death, to give farmers a better life than the Indian democracy. Chinese farmers have more freedom to receive and protect themselves, in that case, India is democracy? You can not protect the rights of peasants. Do you think democracy is good, even it can not protect the rights of the poor in India, do you think it is good? This is not economy, but protection of poor rights .

Media freedom, which is India's democracy? Therefore, India's democracy is only freedom of the media, do you agree? Even with media freedom, you can not change anything, it is democracy?

Once again give you a news.

Woman Maoist leader arrested in Kolkata - The Times of India

KOLKATA: A hardcore woman Maoist leader from Bihar, Chameli Devi, was arrested from this West Bengal capital on Sunday, police said.

Acting on intelligence inputs, policemen from Bihar's Munger district, teamed up with Special Task Force (STF) personnel of the Kolkata Police and raided a slum in the northern part of the city.

"Chameli was involved in eight cases, including the explosion in the sub-divisional office at Abeli in Kharagpur of West Midnapore district," an STF official said.

A resident of Vikhadi village in Bihar, Chameli was active not only in her home district but also in Jhajha and Jamui of Jamui district, the official said.

She was later brought before the chief metropolitan magistrate's court who gave her transit remand for three days to be taken to Bihar.

Last edited:
By the way, I said, I did not come to show in English, but to share, thank you understand

Ok Chinese members seem to have a misconception that India is massively corrupt and China isn't

Here is data from Transparency International

| Index |
Rank |Country| 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002
(2009)
79 China 3.6 3.6 3.5 3.3 3.2 3.4 3.4 3.5

84 India 3.4 3.4 3.5 3.3 2.9 2.8 2.8 2.7

The ranks (79,84) and indices (3.4, 3.6) are almost the same.

(higher numbers on the index and lower ranks means less corruption)

As you can see India's score has improved from 2002 to 2009, China's score has remained almost constant.

The news report of massive scandals in India is a result of free media, but it does seem to be playing a role in decreasing corruption

Sorry, the West has no preferential treatment to us, but all people know that China and India, will agree with me, we have corruption, but completely not in the same grade and India.

If Maoism is a phenomenon in China. They would not hesitate to crush all those naxalites. Their luck is that this is doing it in a democratic country like India. GOI is impotent like any democratic country to resolve it peacefully than forcefully. That's the difference.

Only that it was the incompetence of the Indian police, not the other relations.

I agree that China is still not enough in innovation, but we have started this process, take some time to release energy.

American consumer to started up the chinese economic engine, part of the agreement, but accurate to say is the world's consumers, not just the United States, but so what? I can say, who started up the American consumer? China's cheap products, you mean?

No, I have to beg to disagree here. American consumerism came first, Canadian Oil came in 2nd, Gulf oil came in 3rd, Mexcian labor came in 4th, European cars and electronics came in 5th, Japanese electronics and cars came in 6th, Indian IT came in 7th, Chinese cheap goods came in 8th and now SK cars have come in 9th. This is pretty much the timeline of displacement of the American worker.

[quote="huzihaidao12]
Sorry, the West has no preferential treatment to us, but all people know that China and India, will agree with me, we have corruption, but completely not in the same grade and India. [/quote]

That is your perception, your stereotype of India which is firmly set in.

You seem like a balanced poster but in this, and another thread (India's relations with it's neighbors) you tend to rely on your perception rather than facts.

Came back to check the thread and it grew 10 pages overnight lol.

Guys all this talk about political systems is getting ridiculous. First of all we are straying off topic and second of all I would want to remind everyone that each country's political system is taylored to the respective country's needs. Forced adaption of the Indian political system in China may be as catastrophic as the forced adaption of the Chinese political system in India.

I can agree with this view, India for "democracy", but his role is more self-believe.

You seem like a balanced poster but in this, and another thread (India's relations with it's neighbors) you tend to rely on your perception rather than facts.

You also can not provide proof, in addition to the West the material, if you really want to prove, you see what happened in India recently?

If I can make one comment:

I think Indians on this thread think too much of their democracy and berate China too much on their communism. The truth is somewhere in between. China's central party is not all that communist as it used to be. There is an element of democracy in how China's CCP is constituted. Just because it is alien to you and me does not mean we should berate it without understanding it. I for one do not understand China's CCP governance system. And India, as far as I know, does suffer from a dispensation of arbitrary justice that Chineses members have pointed out. Still, too much power rests in the hands of corrupt politicians (not all of whom have been elected in a due democratic manner) and an opaque governance process. One thing Indians should point out to the Chinese is the Right to Information Act - something Chinese should study and try and implement there. The medieval methods of the Indian police and law enforcement agencies is something I dont agree with. They still have not learnt how to make an arrest, shackle quickly using modern hand cuffs and remove a rioter from the scene. The goal should be to remove a rioter from a scene. What the heck are these guys doing beating people? It is NOT the job of the police to dish out the punishments. That is the job of the judiciary. The job of the police should be to arrest someone from doing a bad job. India needs to go a long way in establishing a transparent and effective democracy. Too many decisions are still taken by a central core body of 5 to 6 ministers - acting much like the Chinese CCP. In fact, India also has a central planning commission which controls things too much. Local bodies hardly have the powers to take independent financial and economic decisions for their cities/villages. All that means is that, in the guise of a democratic system, India may be acting like a liberalized Chinese CCP. There may be more similarities between the two systems than the world knows it. Just my opinion - take it or leave it.

No, I have to beg to disagree here. American consumerism came first, Canadian Oil came in 2nd, Gulf oil came in 3rd, Mexcian labor came in 4th, European cars and electronics came in 5th, Japanese electronics and cars came in 6th, Indian IT came in 7th, Chinese cheap goods came in 8th and now SK cars have come in 9th. This is pretty much the timeline of displacement of the American worker.

In the beginning, China's start is to rely on overseas Chinese funds, we even do not have to enter the World Trade Organization, even if there is a consumer, if no investment, can not produce products, it does not make sense, we are relying on competition for the market.

In the beginning, China's start is to rely on overseas Chinese funds, we even do not have to enter the World Trade Organization, even if there is a consumer, if no investment, can not produce products, it does not make sense, we are relying on competition for the market.

I agree Chinese are very entrepreneurial but the question I asked was what was the business reason Chinese started making cheap goods: American debt-fueled consumerism is the answer and not the other way round.

If I can make one comment:

I think Indians on this thread think too much of their democracy and berate China too much on their communism.

offtopic
My comment was not about communism but specifically about the poster, in another thread he was confident that he had outstanding border issues with Nepal. Inspite of repeatedly being told that we follow an 'open border' policy, he continued with 'I know you have problems' with all your neighbors, hence my comment about perception and facts

I admire China's system for reducing poverty and improving the standard of living of its citizens, but I'll respond when someone posts false information about my country

edit: mostly in agreement with the rest of your post

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom