What's new

India strikes back at nuclear protesters

It would have been a genuine protest if they protested from the day they started building the nuclear power plant. It is not as if the power plant sprung up there just in a day. They had 10 years to protest but they are protesting only after the plant was completed. This shows their intent.... The leader will try to make as much money as possible using ordinary people.. just like it happened in maruti suzuki strike fiasco.

What uneducated protestors are supposed to know of the pros and cons of such tech? Initially, they probably had no clue. Now, after the news of Japan, it has brought fear and questions to their mind. When did the incident in Japan happen? 3/2011....tsk tsk

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

So these ngo's are saying "what if there is an earth quake,what if there is a tsunami,what if mother nature goes mad"

When it comes to mullaperiyar issue the same logic wont apply.What a hypocrisy.

Why is that?? is it because the 100 yeay old dam is in Kerala.

THANK YOU ...You completely nailed it. If the rest of the folks here cannot see what you posted, then they are a _________(feww unsavory words). I digress. The double standards wreaks and that stench won go away. Sonia Madam does not want to upset the Russians, cos her money is parked there.

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

So these ngo's are saying "what if there is an earth quake,what if there is a tsunami,what if mother nature goes mad"

When it comes to mullaperiyar issue the same logic wont apply.What a hypocrisy.

Why is that?? is it because the 100 yeay old dam is in Kerala.

Notice how nobody countered your point. Notice how the bloody media didn;t even pick that up? I hope Kerala Media does but probably. We will see.

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

As i said earlier in my post, follow the same rule regardless of religious affiliation. That means Everyone!

Thats fine with me, but the reality is that its not applied fairly. Certain folks pick and choose to their delight.

Simple solution:

No doubt India needs electricity, but answer their questions and make it bloody public to the rest of the country then you wont hear a peep out of me. Got it?

By doing so the INDian gov;t publicly addresses the issues and its impossible for the protestors to retilate because if they are crooked then all of India will see.

Let me tell you all something....most of you are taught to act and behave like sheep. Just look at how terrifed the kids are in school of their professors. You blindly believe in whatever the gov;t says or does. YOu do not question anything. Question everything and anything. Our great Swami;s and Saddus did that and they achieved so much.

This is a farce...I see your location so I don;t know what you are trying to prove. Just jumping on the bandwagon of hate? One thing i will agree with you is that as a democracy we need to hear ppl's voices. Whats being done is typical throughout India.....just one of many examples of a corrupt shitty gov;t ...take the harassment and attacks on Pawar's chappal smacker.....Shining India....Im really pissed...off you Hindus up North are the main f-king problem holding back the growth of the rest of the country. According to Wikileaks, The US Ambassador said the South and West could be growing easily 13% if it wasn;t held back by you idiots...so much for holding the development of the nation back right!

Sir... My location suggests that I am in India which is near friends Pakistan and China, why does implication of ones perception have to be someones self thought reflection? When did I spread any comments which infuse or inflames hate? You might have your differences about inability of our Government, however I believe with Democracy we will keep improving as we have limited resources at present. And by the way my roots belong to Uttranchal/Uttrakhand, I was born in MP, 3 months ago I was working in Lucknow and now I have been transferred to Delhi. My family is settled in Ahmedabad (since my dad who was a commanding officer, his last posting was there). I don't know how you conclude that hindus or any religion, whatever it maybe pegging down the growth of economy by just believing in their god in their own way. I don't mind being called an idiot so I will take no offnce brother :)

I am out of here, its becoming too much personal attacks. INDIA is a democratic nation and people have their voice to raise any concerns and its the obligaion of the Government of India to answer the questions of its people be it 50 in number of 50000 in number of protestors.
This is the beauty of democratic maturity. you can not crub a protest because you feel its anti national, you have to take into account all the stake holders and that includes the people who are going to live along side the power plant.

This is a farce...I see your location so I don;t know what you are trying to prove. Just jumping on the bandwagon of hate? One thing i will agree with you is that as a democracy we need to hear ppl's voices. Whats being done is typical throughout India.....just one of many examples of a corrupt shitty gov;t ...take the harassment and attacks on Pawar's chappal smacker.....Shining India....Im really pissed...off you Hindus up North are the main f-king problem holding back the growth of the rest of the country. According to Wikileaks, The US Ambassador said the South and West could be growing easily 13% if it wasn;t held back by you idiots...so much for holding the development of the nation back right!
sorry mate, if i were you i would not be telling that North India is the reason that the economic progress is slow. as a nation we have complex demography and differnt ideology so its imperative that such growth differences are there.
But refrain from complaining that a perticular religion is the problem with out hard evidance.

I am out of here, its becoming too much personal attacks. INDIA is a democratic nation and people have their voice to raise any concerns and its the obligaion of the Government of India to answer the questions of its people be it 50 in number of 50000 in number of protestors.
This is the beauty of democratic maturity. you can not crub a protest because you feel its anti national, you have to take into account all the stake holders and that includes the people who are going to live along side the power plant.

I could't have said it better... good post.

Lets all discuss things keeping the kalpakkam power plant in perspective. Maybe some member here empathetic to the protestors cause can bring to light certain specific assurances that the govt gave at that time which are not being provided now. And let's close down kalpakkam as well if they demand anything new.

I apologize Teshering....I let my emotions get the best of me...I am Catholic from Kerala.... and I understand the stance on anti conversion. Ihave heard of some issues...but I feel all Christians are getting a bad rap from an irresponsible gov;t. Nobody praises the good work Christians have done in Kerala and other places. Nobody expects praise but it hurts when folks accuse us of anitnationalism..... I just get a little ill tempered again sorry....and the Tibetan thing was a one time experience....no offence meant

Dude,

i ll tell u what? Kerala is different,quite enlightened.You can see that in Kerala Jesudas sings devotional songs for all the 3 religions and in his godly voice but the situation in Kanyakumari/Thoothukudi/Tirunelveli is different.

There is large amount of money involved in these conversions and the strategies they employ to convert people are aggressive that they sell religion like HUL and P&G sell Soap,toothbrush and shampoo.

Their antics is so much that they delibrately try to make life difficult for hindus and it has reached such a point that the only place where BJP has presence in TN is Kanyakumari.

Thats why we are pissed.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

He is a Sikkimese..as much Indian as you and me.

What were the protestors doing till 90% of the work was completed,20K crores spent and commisioning just months away ?.

Mayira pudunkitu irundanga ?

I heard its 8 hrs minimum powercut in Coimbatore. In Tirupur almost 90% of the factories are functioning at 30-40% capacity only. We will be getting 1000 MW from the KNPP. Still you dont want it ?

Let me tell you how these protests started...everything was going fine till that Fukushima disaster happened..immediately the western countries (particularly from US ) which did not get much of the nuclear pie saw an opportunity to derail the Russian project and started funding the NGOs to protest.

I saw/read all the anti-KNPP articles in Kumudham, Aananda Vikatan by these self-styled activists and frankly they were just hot pile of BS...no factual stories, no scientific backing..nothing. Just hyping the fear in people and playing upon them. C'mon Fkushima was 60s technology with direct exposure to open ocean...but Kudankulam is the latest tech from Russia and shielded from the open ocean by Lanka. Comparing them is like comparing pigs with horses.

If we educated people cant see through this charade by the NGOs what chances have the uneducated fisher folk, housewives have got..for them whatever the karthar-samy (priest-father) says is the final and believe it without asking a quetion.

Hahaha,

Makka, idha kettale sirippu thaan varudhu. nellai/kumari expressula 12 mani neram ukkrathukulla ivanunga panra thollaikku oru alave illa.

Then it means you still dont know that the areas in tip of India were the least affected by the Tsunami and even if the epicenter of tsunami chnages they will remain unaffected due to their shielding by Lanka.

url

They have got the answers they demanded, but now Uthaya Kumar, the guy leading the protests has now diverted the protests into a blanket ban on nuclear power. The bottom line of those protestors is simple. They will not listen to any reasoning. If they get answers for one set of questions they will just raise another unrelated bunch and frankly, we people of Tamil Nadu, are also fed up of their chicanery.

We are not ready to live in 8 hours of darkness daily for the fear of some mythical accident that may/may not happen in the distant future.

That is hardly a fraction. The rest were just taken advantage of and converted because of that. Now instead of the upper caste taing advnatage of them the church and its different facets take advantage of them.

I read through the 'knowledge' they were given in the local papers, magazines where these anti-nuclear activists and they were just steaming pile of BS. No truth in it. Just wild allegations, exaggerations without any scientific backing.

LMAO...you dont know what is 'steamrolling' especially in context of Jayalalitha. How she handled the striking Govt officials in 2003..that was steam rolling. The Govt , both state and Central have been patient in listening to the villagers and instituting committees to allay fears. But these NGOs are just jumping from one issue to another and misleading the simple-minded village with the sole intention of blocking the plant without any reasonable solutions/stance and they left no choice except to be cracked upon, hard.

Where do you think Kalpakkam is..?

You dont know sh!t you are talking about. I'm from TN and I know what these so-called NGOs are capable of and what is the ground reality.

Makka,

Ivan sallipaya, nee neratha veenadikkatha.

Sir... My location suggests that I am in India which is near friends Pakistan and China, why does implication of ones perception have to be someones self thought reflection? When did I spread any comments which infuse or inflames hate? You might have your differences about inability of our Government, however I believe with Democracy we will keep improving as we have limited resources at present. And by the way my roots belong to Uttranchal/Uttrakhand, I was born in MP, 3 months ago I was working in Lucknow and now I have been transferred to Delhi. My family is settled in Ahmedabad (since my dad who was a commanding officer, his last posting was there). I don't know how you conclude that hindus or any religion, whatever it maybe pegging down the growth of economy by just believing in their god in their own way. I don't mind being called an idiot so I will take no offnce brother :)

Sry mate I was pissed off and lost sight. Truly I am. Im leaving this tread....Tamils well....Ill just leave it

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

sorry mate, if i were you i would not be telling that North India is the reason that the economic progress is slow. as a nation we have complex demography and differnt ideology so its imperative that such growth differences are there.
But refrain from complaining that a perticular religion is the problem with out hard evidance.

I started the Hindu rant when a couple of posters started their Christian crusade.

What were the protestors doing till 90% of the work was completed,20K crores spent and commisioning just months away ?.

Mayira pudunkitu irundanga ?

I heard its 8 hrs minimum powercut in Coimbatore. In Tirupur almost 90% of the factories are functioning at 30-40% capacity only. We will be getting 1000 MW from the KNPP. Still you dont want it ?
Let me tell you how these protests started...everything was going fine till that Fukushima disaster happened..immediately the western countries (particularly from US ) which did not get much of the nuclear pie saw an opportunity to derail the Russian project and started funding the NGOs to protest.

I saw/read all the anti-KNPP articles in Kumudham, Aananda Vikatan by these self-styled activists and frankly they were just hot pile of BS...no factual stories, no scientific backing..nothing. Just hyping the fear in people and playing upon them. C'mon Fkushima was 60s technology with direct exposure to open ocean...but Kudankulam is the latest tech from Russia and shielded from the open ocean by Lanka. Comparing them is like comparing pigs with horses.

If we educated people cant see through this charade by the NGOs what chances have the uneducated fisher folk, housewives have got..for them whatever the karthar-samy (priest-father) says is the final and believe it without asking a quetion.
Sorry borther you took my words in the wrong stance. I am not against KKNPP, all i am saying is that the Government of INDIA is obliged to make the people understand that they are with them and they will not let them down and KKNPP is for their good.

Govt needs to take tough decisions for economic progress of the country these NGOs funded by west dont care a shlt for the well being of the country , as long as their organisation keeps getting the funds .buzz off NGOs and welcome Kundankulam plant , for Energy starving country we need many many more such plants

Dude,

i ll tell u what? Kerala is different,quite enlightened.You can see that in Kerala Jesudas sings devotional songs for all the 3 religions and in his godly voice but the situation in Kanyakumari/Thoothukudi/Tirunelveli is different.

There is large amount of money involved in these conversions and the strategies they employ to convert people are aggressive that they sell religion like HUL and P&G sell Soap,toothbrush and shampoo.

Their antics is so much that they delibrately try to make life difficult for hindus and it has reached such a point that the only place where BJP has presence in TN is Kanyakumari.

Thats why we are pissed.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Hahaha,

Makka, idha kettale sirippu thaan varudhu. nellai/kumari expressula 12 mani neram ukkrathukulla ivanunga panra thollaikku oru alave illa.

Thanks Subramanian. I have also heard such things of these activities and I for one am against such. In fact, in another tread I pointed out that NCSN supporters in the US are getting support from Baptists in America by spreading lies of persecution and torture. You can in fact find it on Youtube.

I went to India as someone who Christian but far from religious. I came back a changed man. The fact is that I was able to find the good in all relgions. I spoke ill earlier becoz I let my anger get the best of me Sorry mate. i should not judge all for the actions of a few. Words I hear all the time but failed to live by on this tread. I have nothing but good regard for Hinduism and the Hindus. I have family who have converted to Hinduism and married into such families. Peace.

This is very bad, India should not work on nuclear weapons/plants. Any leakage is dangerous and will effect Pakistan as well.:fie:

Back
Top Bottom