What's new

India starts 'visa on arrival' facility for Pakistani senior citizens

Aka123

Reaction score
Country
India
India today started the 'visa on arrival' facility for senior citizens from Pakistan. The facility, which was supposed to start on January 15 as part of the new liberalized visa pact between the two neighbors, was suspended due to the heightened tensions along the Line of Control (LoC) and subsequent problems in bilateral relations.

The visas are valid for Pakistani citizens who are above the age of 65.

"We have launched visa on arrival facility to Pakistani senior citizens at the Attari Integrated Check Post from April 1," a Home Ministry official said.

:)

Yes... They do... I am not sure, if there's any country whose citizens doesn't need Indian Visas prior to approval.

Do US Passport Holders need Indian Visas prior to arrival ?

Yes & if you are of Pakistani origin, the visa process is considerably longer (each such visa has to be vetted by the Indian Home Ministry) than what other U.S. passport holders face.

Yes... They do... I am not sure, if there's any country whose citizens doesn't need Indian Visas prior to approval.

"A Tourist Visa-on-Arrival shall be granted to a foreigner who is a national of Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand , Singapore, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Laos, Myanmar and Indonesia."

wonderful news ..............this is what India needs ..........more pakistanis coming into India. :toast_sign:

Yes. And if they find out your'e of pakistani origin, your application might get rejected. If not, they will make it so long and arduous that you would give up the venture anyway.

This helps some innocent Pakistanis to get inexpensive medical treatment and should not be an issue for us.

Why not, Pakistanis will wait 4 months to get a visa while having cancer..

Don't make me laugh bro.
Ask any Pakistani in the world if they'd go to Insia for medical treatment.
They'd rather have a longer visa approval, say somewhere in UAE, than going to India where medical treatment of patients is low quality to be polite.

This helps some innocent Pakistanis to get inexpensive medical treatment and should not be an issue for us.

Of course not ......later some innocent pakistani children should get inexpensive medical treatment ....and later innocent paksitani grown ups should also be allowed in for treatment ..... after all they dont work for the ISI....later even ex terrorist and ex milinary personals should be allowed to come in .....after all they too are innocent unless proven guilty. We should follow our dharma ....Pritvi Raj Chauhan did the same ....so should we, rest we should leave to God :disagree:

After all foreign policy should be conducted in accordance with dharma and not pragmatic real politics. ....... I vote for world peace .....now do I get to be miss universe?

Don't make me laugh bro.
They'd rather have a longer visa approval, say somewhere in UAE, than going to India where medical treatment of patients is low quality to be polite.

Are pakistanis willing to wait that long ? The answer is a shocking yes. Although, if its a very serious case of medical emergency, Indian embassy in pakistan fastracks the process and enables the patient to receive their visa much earlier.

Don't make me laugh bro.

I suggest opening a thread and ask this question to fellow Pakistani members and you would get your response which might surprise you.

And most importantly ask your Punjab CM who paid for treatment in India for a Pakistani girl.

Hadia was suffering from chronic liver problems and her family was told by doctors that she needed a transplant. Coming from a poor family, she could not afford the expensive operation.
However, after a news channel televised a report of her plight, Punjab Chief Minister of Shahbaz Sharif used government aid to sponsor her treatment at Medanta Hospital in Delhi, India.

Pakistani girl given liver transplant in India returns home – The Express Tribune

Rest I would ignore as one of your theories(stupid at best)

Welcome Step...I would like to see that inspite of challenges India should also initiate Visa on arrival with Journalist and Film Industry people...Media, Journalism and communication is 3 key steps to increase trust and to become no enemey between each other..

Don't forget sports! I hate that sports suffers a lot due to this unsolicited political tension.:frown:

Back
Top Bottom