What's new

India/Russia Working on Stealth for SU30MKI

And where do you get this claim that the MKI's radar couldn't identify the enemy? I want to see those sources.... :coffee:

i hope this answers your question:

Last edited by a moderator:
sayyaf

India was invited to red flag as a acknowledgement of the IAF has a serious Air power and SU30MKI being a world class fighter.

For an USA pilot to be talking about SU30MKI in the same sentence AS F22 only serves to boost the credibility of the indian fighter.

He clearly states in his interveiw showing his hands as a marker that SU30MKI is way below F22. (NO SHAME IN THIS)

HE ALSO states in the correct scenario with IAF having AWACS support and its real radar switched to full combat mode and more experience the MKI is a "TAD MARGINALLY superior to the F15/F16

In the south Asian context the SU30MKI is the same as F22 ie the best there is !!!! TODAY

Yes, i've read this; also he talks as if our "elite" pilots are idiots and don't know how to maneuver.

- These are junior pilots who are training...
Also, he should consider that MKI was introduced in 2002 where as their F-16's and F-18's were used since the 80's. If he wants to compare, he should compare our Mig-21 Pilots who've had 10+ years experience. These are freshys, and they are only learning.

Also, he never said the MKI's radar failed to locate a target.

-IAF Did not have AWACS
-We didn't turn on radar to full combat mode

He did admit the MKI is a very good fighter, better than the F-16.
Pakistan should be worried :azn:

Last edited by a moderator:
SU30MKI is held in very high esteem globally.

I think its easily the best combat plane RUSSIA has ever produced.

By adding israeli jammers/electronics TVC and PESA radar it really has taken mki to 4.5 generation level

AND when india has 120 already and 230 by 2015 it will always arouse discussion.

its a beautiful looking plane

Guys anyone have news of a Block-II of the MKI? (will there be such a thing or all 230 be the same?)

Guys anyone have news of a Block-II of the MKI? (will there be such a thing or all 230 be the same?)

There is no concept of Block -II, Russia give new names to newer versions....newer versions are SU-33, SU-35 etc.

There is no concept of Block -II, Russia give new names to newer versions....newer versions are SU-33, SU-35 etc.

No, not like that. I meant specifically for the MKI.
btw, the Su-33 is carrier variant of 27 :D

What about F 16BLOCK 52 Ds AND J10B MODIFIED BY PAF?WILL GIVE SU A TOUGH FIGHT FOR ITS LIFE.
Under fire he would have said anything
anyways he must be flying without AWACS too coz it was an exercise and IAF was also flying without AWACs support so doesnt it prove his supperior piloting skills reguarding him being a FRESHY dude He is a COLONEL as this is what indian news channel is reporting.
Enjoy

Last edited:
These are freshys, and they are only learning.

-IAF Did not have AWACS

Pakistan should be worried
:azn:

I was replying to your post.And dont show me your anger:hitwall::angry: Hope you remmember this one?
And try not to forget while showing unessecary notions, enjoy.

What about F 16BLOCK 52 Ds AND J10B MODIFIED BY PAF?WILL GIVE SU A TOUGH FIGHT FOR ITS LIFE.
Under fire he would have said anything
anyways he must be flying without AWACS too coz it was an exercise and IAF was also flying without AWACs support so doesnt it prove his supperior piloting skills reguarding him being a FRESHY dude He is a COLONEL as this is what indian news channel is reporting.
Enjoy

so what if it's an exercise? they don't use AWACS in it? have you bothered to google Red Flag 2008 before posting such nonsense??? Yes, AWACS was used by the USAF.

Please watch the video first. He's not talking about himself. He's talking about the Indian pilots. In no part of it does it mention just a single pilot.

I was replying to your post.And dont show me your anger:hitwall::angry: Hope you remmember this one?
And try not to forget while showing unessecary notions, enjoy.

And, Please stop editing your posts right after my reply... hard to go back and forth. And i don't need attitude. I asked kindly, with a please. I request you please not let this thread too be a pointless argument.

Yes, i've read this; also he talks as if our "elite" pilots are idiots and don't know how to maneuver.

Also, he should consider that MKI was introduced in 2002 where as their F-16's and F-18's were used since the 80's. If he wants to compare, he should compare our Mig-21 Pilots who've had 10+ years experience. These are freshys, and they are only learning.

-IAF Did not have AWACS

Pakistan should be worried :azn:

I guess MKI is the F-22 of the Indian AF. This shows the standard and the confidence of the Indian AF. What bother me though is when Pakistan is brought into it. I guess every Indian member wish for a war with Pakistan as they think India can destroy pakistan in 96 hours.

I guess every Indian member wish for a war with Pakistan as they think India can destroy pakistan in 96 hours.
Keep guessing... no one wants a war. call me selfish but, its bad for Indian economy; especially the software industry.

I suggest you to change your opinion.

I must say, this is welcome news.
Internal Weapons bay.
Salient stealth Features.
Same uprated engines as on the FGFA

I dont see any reason for it not to work.

Since the next upgrade of the MKI is 2018. we might see some of these silent killers then.

One has to wonder if this is the reason the IAF ordered 50 more MKI

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom