What's new

India Pakistan Partition

History fail !

British snatched India from Marathas and Sikhs who had completely vanquished the Mughals by then.

There is a reason why there are only Anglo-Maratha wars and Anglo-Sikh wars...but no Anglo Mughal wars..:laugh:

Pakistani children are fed with the pap that the whole South Asia was being ruled by the Muslims when Angraiz came and snatched it away from them, which is of course not true and it seems that the situation in India is also not much different. Some parts of South Asia were being ruled by Hindus and some by Muslims. For instance, Sikhs were the rulers of Punjab and some parts of Peshawar valley were also under their control; Balochs were reigning over Sindh whereas Balochistan and FATA were parts of Afghanistan. I am not well informed about India but rulers like Tipu Sultan and Sirajudaullah were Muslims, and so were the rulers of Awadh.

That would be under muslim rule. partition did not keep india back, it's indians sick racist mentality. Now don't come whinning about great indian economy, as a society, india is probably the most backward in the wholeworld.

India is the biggest economic power in the world during middle ages and ancient,

Biggest exporter of Gold,Diamonds,cotton and spices.

Knowledge centre of the world with world's first university.

Home to various Dharmas (way of life and achieving eternity) and religions.

I can go on an on and it is a very big list.

Pakistani children are fed with the pap that the whole South Asia was being ruled by the Muslims when Angraiz came and snatched it away from them, which is of course not true and it seems that the situation in India is also not much different. Some parts of South Asia were being ruled by Hindus and some by Muslims. For instance, Sikhs were the rulers of Punjab and some parts of Peshawar valley were also under their control; Balochs were reigning over Sindh whereas Balochistan and FATA were parts of Afghanistan. I am not well informed about India but rulers like Tipu Sultan and Sirajudaullah were Muslims, and so were the rulers of Awadh.

You are almost correct..except one small thing -Tipu's reign cam much later.. Also Im not aware of the situation in the areas of modern day Pakistan..

In the areas comprising modern day India, the mughals have been defeated by the Marathas in deccan, Central and North India and the Sikhs had conquered them in North West India..There were indeed minor Nawabs who were ruling over their own territories but they who were paying tributes to the Mughals started doing that to the Maratha confederacy after the former's fall..So I was talking in general how the Sikhs and Marathas had taken over the mantle of being "empires" from the Mughals and how later the English took on the mantle from them..

Luffy is not a pashtun he is a decendant of the slaves that ahmad shah abdali took to kabul, he feels he is a pushtoon and has to bang on about it everyday to get accepted but reality is very different.

Ref the converts, pushtoons were converts themselves so they were in no better position then the converted suckers as you called them. Bravery of sikhs is nothing compared to Pakistani muslim Punjabis.

Sikhs had a small part of history under ranjit singh and that soon fizzled out, so nothing lasting really, the bravery of sikhs was well exposed in the golden temple raid.

@bronxbull we have plenty of institutionalized brainwashed pakistani pashtuns who have developed anti-hindu anti-sikh syndrome and say things without thinking much. Yet i dont get that vibe from ghilzai, at first he was not ready of speaking pashto with me, when he spoke 2-3 lines of pashto, they were gramatically incorrect and very broken, very similar to that wannabe havi sultan's pashto. He even doesnt know the meaning of basic term "pakhtuniyat", and is using it in wrong context. Moreover ghilzai is a tribe which entirely lives in Afghanistan, yet he claims to be pakistani ghilzai, with no further details about his sub-tribe, location etc...His very first post was to support havi sultan, very suspicious. All he is doing is to provoke indians here and there for no reason, its best to ignore such kid.
@ghilzai: Sikhs defeated pashtuns in Punjab, kashmir and present day KPK, they proved themeselves, they dont need your denial or approval for their achievements. And you dont need to defend punjabi musalmans, there are plenty of them here, more mature and responsible than you, they can defend themeselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be under muslim rule. partition did not keep india back, it's indians sick racist mentality. Now don't come whinning about great indian economy, as a society, india is probably the most backward in the wholeworld.

You are delusional here.

Quoting does not always mean addressing you, try to have more command on languages instead of calling me dumb. you might had been in liquid form when i was in uniform.

If you were in Army, I'm sorry. I hope you find it in your heart to accept my apologies.

You are almost correct..except one small thing -Tipu's reign cam much later.. Also Im not aware of the situation in the areas of modern day Pakistan..

In the areas comprising modern day India, the mughals have been defeated by the Marathas in deccan, Central and North India and the Sikhs had conquered them in North West India..There were indeed minor Nawabs who were ruling over their own territories but they who were paying tributes to the Mughals started doing that to the Maratha confederacy after the former's fall..So I was talking in general how the Sikhs and Marathas had taken over the mantle of being "empires" from the Mughals and how later the English took on the mantle from them..

The era of Tipu's reign is insignificant. The point is that he was the ruler of Mysore (thanks wiki) when the British were conquering South Asia bit by bit, and he lost his kingdom to them after his defeat in the fourth Anglo-Mysore war.

Sikhs never conquered any area from Mughals, their goleden era was already gone and after the invasion of Nader Shah they were barely able to control their own capital. After defeating Marathas decisively, the Afghan king Ahmed Shah went back to Afghanistan leaving behind a power vacuum that was later filled by the Sikhs because they were the only organized force in Punjab at that time.

I don't know which Aladdin story you are mixing with the India takeover by the British but listen, there comes a point when a person has to shake his head and simply walk away!

After reading some of the very twisted history lessons you seem to be giving here, thats probably what your parents did when they gave birth to you :P

The era of Tipu's reign is insignificant. The point is that he was the ruler of Mysore (thanks wiki) when the British were conquering South Asia bit by bit, and he lost his kingdom to them after his defeat in the fourth Anglo-Mysore war.

Sikhs never conquered any area from Mughals, their goleden era was already gone and after the invasion of Nader Shah they were barely able to control their own capital. After defeating Marathas decisively, the Afghan king Ahmed Shah went back to Afghanistan leaving behind a power vacuum that was later filled by the Sikhs because they were the only organized force in Punjab at that time.

Sikhs actually were fighting the Mughals,specifically against Aurangazeb for a long time. Also the mughals were already gone when Nader Shah marched in..infact the disaster time for Mughals started with Aurangzeb's ill fated 27 year war against the Marathas in Deccan. When Aurangzeb finally left deccan after that the Mughal empire was financially broke, the army devastated and the general morale completely taken a beating unable to subdue a guerilla force which had grown into a full blown army by then. Also the Marathas had planted their 'emissaries' in the Mughal court who for all intents and purposes were running the show.

Coming to the Third Battle of Panipat in which the Marathas were defeated by Abdali, contrary to the generally believed opinion, it by itself did not lead to their ultimate demise. The Marathas though routed in North West India, were still strong in West, Central and North India and it took the British to completely vanquish them in the series of Anglo Maratha wars,

Sikhs actually were fighting the Mughals,specifically against Aurangazeb for a long time. Also the mughals were already gone when Nader Shah marched in..infact the disaster time for Mughals started with Aurangzeb's ill fated 27 year war against the Marathas in Deccan. When Aurangzeb finally left deccan after that the Mughal empire was financially broke, the army devastated and the general morale completely taken a beating unable to subdue a guerilla force which had grown into a full blown army by then. Also the Marathas had planted their 'emissaries' in the Mughal court who for all intents and purposes were running the show.

Coming to the Third Battle of Panipat in which the Marathas were defeated by Abdali, contrary to the generally believed opinion, it by itself did not lead to their ultimate demise. The Marathas though routed in North West India, were still strong in West, Central and North India and it took the British to completely vanquish them in the series of Anglo Maratha wars,

You said in your previous post that the Sikhs conquered Mughals in Punjab which is historically incorrect. They may have fought against Mughals or other powers abut it is a reality that they managed to establish their sovereignty over Punjab and adjacent areas only after the invasion of Ahmed Shah. I also didn't say that the Marathas sank into complete oblivion after their defeat at the hands of Afhgans, but it is a fact that the Afghans defeated them decisively in the third battle of Panipat and they were forced to retreat back to Deccan(?)...

You said in your previous post that the Sikhs conquered Mughals in Punjab which is historically incorrect. They may have fought against Mughals or other powers abut it is a reality that they managed to establish their sovereignty over Punjab and adjacent areas only after the invasion of Ahmed Shah.

I said in the "North West"..i.e., the regions comprising modern day Punjab (atleast the entire Indian side and a portion of the Pak side), Himachal, Haryana and parts of Jammu which they wrested from the Mughals..

I also didn't say that the Marathas sank into complete oblivion after their defeat at the hands of Afhgans, but it is a fact that the Afghans defeated them decisively in the third battle of Panipat and they were forced to retreat back to Deccan(?)...

Yes Abdali defeated them decisively and they retreated to their traditional power bases in Western and Central India, retaining suzerainity over the Nawabs in the modern day UP..

Back
Top Bottom