What's new

India offers incentives to boost trade with Bangladesh

I am just talking of Bengalis on both sides!

They share the same lineage and same blood.

For me, Bangladeshis could as well be Africans. Just that they are neighbors.

A “Bengali” is just that a Bengali, and “bengali blood” can you differentiate blood nationaly? Please quit with this crap, yes we did share historical lineage decades ago but now the differences are huge and getting wider.

It’s like US and UK, both share the same language but through the years cultures, mannerism, etc have diverged and in time will get wider. Given the differing religion in WB and Bangladesh it’s even more pronounced.
We are now 2 different people.

Bangladeshis always hated us. They were the first to support the idea of Pakistan when the western side didn't support. The first riot started in Kolkata during the direct action day. It is a historic hatred. They just used us in 1971 to get rid of Pakistan from massacring them.

Kolkata is in India, not in Bangladesh.

Hindus are the largest minority in Bangladesh. Not a single religious riot occurred in the country's history. So please, spare us from your hate-mongering and propaganda.

Bangladesh's main problem is its weak leadership. As long as the two ladies (Sheikh Hasina and Khaleda Zia) along with their illiterate sons remain in power of the two parties, then the country will always be weak. I couldn't name a single achievement of the AL and BNP throughout the years. The two ladies barely have a high school education to start with.

Bangladeshis don't hate India, they despise it like many of India's neighbors. Other than the Burmese Junta, I couldn't name a single neighbor with which India has an amicable relationship.

India definitely has issues.

Investment and free trade deals are always welcome. It is badly needed in Bangladesh.

Hindus are the largest minority in Bangladesh. Not a single religious riot occurred in the country's history. So please, spare us from your hate-mongering and propaganda.

Bangladesh's main problem is its weak leadership. As long as the two ladies (Sheikh Hasina and Khaleda Zia) along with their illiterate sons remain in power of the two parties, then the country will always be weak. I couldn't name a single achievement of the AL and BNP throughout the years. The two ladies barely have a high school education to start with.

Bangladeshis don't hate India, they despise it like many of India's neighbors. Other than the Burmese Junta, I couldn't name a single neighbor with which India has an amicable relationship.

Investment and free trade deals are always welcome. It is badly needed in Bangladesh.

Thank you for the sane response.

Bangladesh has two neighbours, Burma and India and she has poor relation with both of them. Does that mean BD has issues?

However I do agree India has dealt with BD pretty poorly in past, although the blame does not go to India alone. Hope with growing economy our diplomacy will mature too!

And that's the pity!

BTW, I agree that the differences are too large now.

Not really, as a child grows up it has to make its own way in this world, right now Bangladesh is like a young child, (barely 40 years since independence) struggling to find its 2 feet. We had to start not from zero but from minus, now we are thinking of 8% growth next year (would have been a lot better if we didn’t have these 2 so called leaders and their corrupt lackeys).

Bangladesh is an independent sovereign nation, it needs to look at its needs and focus on its interests. We need to build our own distinct vision of ourselves!

Except Pakistan, relations are good or decent with all of them.

There are issues with some of them but they are relatively minor.

The direct action day was attended by muslims from all over Bengal. They started the riot. Most of the people killed during your independence were Hindus and thats why you guys never cared to prosecute the perpetrators. Your fellow BD members here have been calling Hindus as cheap and dirty. They have been accusing our soldiers of stealing your fruits and fishes after the war was over without ever recognizing that they came to help you.

India has an open border with Nepal. So much is our trust. Th Nepali maoists hate us for obvious reasons. Indian army protects Bhutan. Because of the trust they have in us. relationship with Srilanka is mixed due to the Indian Tamil population. Still it is on the positive side. We have good relationship with Afganistan and Maldives.

In this forum, most anti-India people are Bangladeshis even though most Indians try to be pro Bangladesh. They have also said how most bengalis are born anti-India. So there is no reason for me to think otherwise.My opinion was formed after reading your media, the sentiment of BD members here and from history.

Kolkata riot pales in comparison to what happened in Noyakhali.

Not only what you have said, we have also formed All-India Muslim League in Dhaka in 1906. The muslim leaders from all over India, after a long and painful journey, came to Dhaka at the invitation of Nawab Salimullah and in order to defend the interest of the Muslims they formed this League, that, at a later time, established Pakistan.

Now, you have to find out the background so as to why the Muslim leaders had to establish ML. Read the history to know how our elite Hindu Bangalis were treating us since after the Battle of Plassey. These Hindus were borrowing power from the colonialist British and were bullying us.

History forced us to demand a separation from these Bangla speaking cousines of us. These Calcutta elites are distrusted by us, and unfortunately, this distrust extends also to other Indians as well. It is because these Babus belong to India.

On the matter of Muslim separation efforts from the Hindus, once Rabindra Nath Thakur commented, "Why to complain when a person you hate also starts hating you.?" As far as I know, these west Bengal Babus are equally hated by also other Indians, too.

Finally I must say that the attitude of Bangali Hindu Babus was responsible for the partition of India and Bengal. So, do not blame us, because we wanted only to save our skin.

Thanks for the honest reply. But wasn't Bengal ruled by muslim rulers all throughout its history? Weren't the Hindus suffering under their rule? Most of the British conspired with the muslims till 1857 riots happened. After that they started siding with the Hindus. In the end, it was the muslim league that had deals with the British and not Hindus. Congress fought against the British while ML silently had deals with them. Most of the Bengali muslims where historically poor which was being exploited by ML.

Even if I strongly dislike Modi , but when Bangladeshis take a dig at Modi, I wonder what they think of Shurawardi.

The direct action day was attended by muslims from all over Bengal. They started the riot.

Yeah and thats why 5k Muslims were killed in Calcutta. So much for your peaceful secular India.
The riot was in WB not in BD except for some unfortunate kills in Borishal.

Even if I strongly dislike Modi , but when Bangladeshis take a dig at Modi, I wonder what they think of Shurawardi.

He was the biggest cowardly shyt.

First instigated the Kolkota riots and then ran to kiss the Mahatma's feet when the blowback came.

Yeah and thats why 5k Muslims were killed in Calcutta. So much for your peaceful secular India.
The riot was in WB not in BD except for some unfortunate kills in Borishal.

Oh come on, do we really need this?

Back
Top Bottom