What's new

India offers incentives to boost trade with Bangladesh

Yes, India should be more generous to Bangladesh and other smaller neighbors. I agree with that.

However, generosity can never be demanded! It is not a right, not an obligation.

It is the right thing for us to do and we will hopefully be up to it as we grow and improve relations with our non hostile and rational neighbors.

Bangladesh has never been hostile with anyone, its not in our nature, period. its just that we don't trust india and indians, and you can't demand our trust, you have to earn it.

Bangladesh has never been hostile with anyone, its not in our nature, period. its just that we don't trust india and indians, and you can't demand our trust, you have to earn it.

As much as you have to earn our trust!

However, I would be glad if India takes the lead in getting pass this mistrust. It still takes two to clap.

However, I would be glad if India takes the lead in getting pass this mistrust. It still takes two to clap.

"if India takes the lead" and thats the big question, as of yet it has not in the eyes of most Bangladeshis.

Your industry is still dependent on India and Indians
As India is your main market for your future growth

If you are thinking about China then you are wrong cause with so called free trade with your county they are still making to much profit from you
Trade difference bw BD - China is more than 32 times

Your products cant fit in their market (Even with free trade 32 times difference :lol: )

I think they are your best friend i hope your friendship will continue in same manner

"if India takes the lead" and thats the big question, as of yet it has not in the eyes of most Bangladeshis.

I think it is happening now as we speak.

Its effects will be clear in time to come. The relations are on the upswing and India is even making concessions in border issues to resolve the irritants.

The potential is large once these irritants go away and both countries respect each others' core concerns.

Taking the lead is one thing, marketing the same to the common Bangladeshi is quite another. We should focus much more on image management

Taking the lead is one thing, marketing the same to the common Bangladeshi is quite another. We should focus much more on image management

You are right. The rational ones can be managed once they see the changes on the ground.

The hater razakaars and jamaatis can go take a hike.

Not only what you have said, we have also formed All-India Muslim League in Dhaka in 1906. The muslim leaders from all over India, after a long and painful journey, came to Dhaka at the invitation of Nawab Salimullah and in order to defend the interest of the Muslims they formed this League, that, at a later time, established Pakistan.

Now, you have to find out the background so as to why the Muslim leaders had to establish ML. Read the history to know how our elite Hindu Bangalis were treating us since after the Battle of Plassey. These Hindus were borrowing power from the colonialist British and were bullying us.

History forced us to demand a separation from these Bangla speaking cousines of us. These Calcutta elites are distrusted by us, and unfortunately, this distrust extends also to other Indians as well. It is because these Babus belong to India.

On the matter of Muslim separation efforts from the Hindus, once Rabindra Nath Thakur commented, "Why to complain when a person you hate also starts hating you.?" As far as I know, these west Bengal Babus are equally hated by also other Indians, too.

Finally I must say that the attitude of Bangali Hindu Babus was responsible for the partition of India and Bengal. So, do not blame us, because we wanted only to save our skin.

Dude you really need to cut your goddamn repetitive crap about Calcutta Babus and what not! It's not Bengali Hindu's fault that they have been historically more successful(even during Turko-Afghan rule) than Bengali Muslims. You lot should not have stuck to your madrasas at the first place, when Bengali Hindus opened up to western education and philosophy you lot sucked up and still suck up to Arab camel riders!

It's the same West Bengali babus who sheltered 10 millions of you when your west pakistani budyy buddys were hell bent on butchering the whole diaspora of you, Mujib's historical speech from Calcutta attracted more crowd than even Indira Gandhi, heck Bhasa Sahids probably are more respected in Calcutta than your rajakar infested country.

West Bengal by far is most liberal and tolerant place in South Asia, even your 'liberal' Bangladesh seems Afghanistan compared to us. There's a West Bengali Muslim registered in this forum, sab, ask him how Muslims are treated in West Bengal.

The bitterness is in your mind, and we have nothing to do with it, try to get rid of the inferiority complex of yours.

As far as I know, these west Bengal Babus are equally hated by also other Indians, too.

It's only because of West Bengal, rest of Indians have a positive perception of Bangladesh as they think you are similar to us, although it doesn't take them too much time to differentiate you lot and us after striking a conversation with you.

Your industry is still dependent on India and Indians
As India is your main market for your future growth

If you are thinking about China then you are wrong cause with so called free trade with your county they are still making to much profit from you
Trade difference bw BD - China is more than 32 times

Your products cant fit in their market (Even with free trade 32 times difference :lol: )

I think they are your best friend i hope your friendship will continue in same manner

Our industry is dependent on india and indians, you are either really dumb or just blind, most likely both. China is an export orientated economy (just look at your trade with them b4 you laugh), now we are starting our export drive, expanding our product range and taking markets from them.

Our key markets are Europe and the US, and now we are focusing on the ME and south East Asia, we buy from china and sell to the west, and make money from the value added element. Our industry dependent on a $300m export market, man you got to be from another planet (Uranus).

I have lots of Bengali friends, Bhadralok mainly. ;)

So no, other Indians love our Bengali brothers, love their mishthi boli and mishthi dohi and sweets. (I know I may be making some mistakes).

However, I have seen that they really hate Bangladeshis. A pity really, brothers with the same blood becoming enemies, just because of invaders and some people losing their identity to them.

Our industry is dependent on india and indians, you are either really dumb or just blind, most likely both. China is an export orientated economy (just look at your trade with them b4 you laugh), now we are starting our export drive, expanding our product range and taking markets from them.

Our key markets are Europe and the US, and now we are focusing on the ME and south East Asia, we buy from china and sell to the west, and make money from the value added element. Our industry dependent on a $300m export market, man you got to be from another planet (Uranus).

Bangladesh
Soon, Indian garments to be made in Bangladesh

soon this 300 million market will be more than 1 billion market for your country as garment product from BD is more cheaper than Indians

And i can understand your friendship with China you cant say any think about that cause you are not in position to say any thing :lol:

India investing billion of dollars in BD thts the first requirement for BD industry cause no one is ready to help to at this level

I have lots of Bengali friends, Bhadralok mainly. ;)

So no, other Indians love our Bengali brothers, love their mishthi boli and mishthi dohi and sweets. (I know I may be making some mistakes).

However, I have seen that they really hate Bangladeshis. A pity really, brothers with the same blood becoming enemies, just because of invaders and some people losing their identity to them.

If Indians hate Bangladeshis, that’s fine I can live with that, (rather have people say the truth to my face, then talk crap behind my back). What I really dislike is the patronizing “brothers with the same blood” crap, I am a Bangladeshi (half a least) and proud, I neither like or dislike indians, (they are like russians, Chinese, Koreans etc ), we are different countries and different people.

If Indians hate Bangladeshis, that’s fine I can live with that, (rather have people say the truth to my face, then talk crap behind my back). What I really dislike is the patronizing “brothers with the same blood” crap, I am a Bangladeshi (half a least) and proud, I neither like or dislike indians, (they are like russians, Chinese, Koreans etc ), we are different countries and different people.

I am just talking of Bengalis on both sides!

They share the same lineage and same blood.

For me, Bangladeshis could as well be Africans. Just that they are neighbors.

Bangladesh
Soon, Indian garments to be made in Bangladesh

soon this 300 million market will be more than 1 billion market for your country as garment product from BD is more cheaper than Indians

And i can understand your friendship with China you cant say any think about that cause you are not in position to say any thing :lol:

India investing billion of dollars in BD thts the first requirement for BD industry cause no one is ready to help to at this level

Have you actually read what has been offered? From 8 million pieces to 10 million pieces, (25% increase), extrapolated to mean $300m to $375m (a increase of just $75m), you really don’t have a clue of what you’re talking about, $1bn market LOL.

Man I could go on but you’d be just wasting my time.

Well no one really claiming a same blood line, rather many in Calcutta would found it offensive(though I consider them as tad bit racist!).

The thing is, we are not flocking to BD but it's the other way around, so the unnecessary hate with half-knowledge of history of the region is uncalled for.

Back
Top Bottom