What's new

India counters Chinese anti-missile test

One question for exicited chinese members who hail that their anti-missile test and allege that india lacks simillar anti-missile to protect aganist ICBMs...pls show me any news article that states that the current chinese anti-missile was tested aganist an ICBM??

c'mon guys this is ur first test...i guess there is as usual a stiff learing curve ahead of u.

I finally find that it's very hard to talk to a bovine,"missile interception test defensive",what is interception mean?

One question for exicited chinese members who hail that their anti-missile test and allege that india lacks simillar anti-missile to protect aganist ICBMs...pls show me any news article that states that the current chinese anti-missile was tested aganist an ICBM??

c'mon guys this is ur first test...i guess there is as usual a stiff learing curve ahead of u.

Don't hold your breath for any answers ! :lol:

This is definitely an article that serves only to comfort Indian scientist and public. Also, Pakistan wouldn't need to buy such a system from China this is an anti-ICBM mid course ABM. But China might supply THAAD like system to Pakistan so this is the one that India might be concerning about.

If there is a gap between India and China in ABM technology, its China that is ahead as it had demonstrated mid course ABM technology against ICBMs. And China's lead should be widen over time.

Furthermore, Russia have not demonstrated any mid course kkv. The only hope for India to counter its China threat is to be an US allie. India better doing it now under favorable terms. Otherwise, India would be begging US to protect its might Bharat against China under US terms in 25 years.

I'm not saying India would not progress with its technology. But it advancement will be slower as compare to China. So the gap is getting wider and wider.

Here goes the biggest chinese braggart in the forum with Taiwan and US flag in his avatar...see the irony ;):lol:

Even before chinese scientist complete the full analysis of their first anti-missile test of yesterday ...he talking as if china has achieve anti ICBM ABM or as in his words its an anti-ICBM mid course (means before climax(pun intended)).

hellOOO... which chinses anti ICBM ABM ??
I mean did any official said that its an anti ICBM ABM test ,then pls show us as we would be happy to be informed or its just ur dream...probably ur gut feeling that if China does its first ABM test ,then it has to be aganist MIRV ICBM only??

Technically speaking, there is no difference between ICBM or lesser distance missile defense. Ballistic missiles of all distances have the same parabollic trajectory, only their altitude differs with intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) have a suborbital component in their flights, meaning ICBM warheads momentarily became 'spacecrafts'. But all ballistic missiles have the same basic flight characteristics: vertical launch or 'boost' phase, an arc or 'mid-course' phase and a descent or 'terminal' phase.

Technically speaking, there is no difference between Agni 5 or Agni 1, Ballistic missiles of all distances have the same parabollic trajectory.

and

Technically speaking, there is no difference between travelling to the moon or travelling to Mars, space travel of all distance have the same parabollic trajectory.

evenmore

even if you don't have the spaceship to travel to Mars, you could fulfill that by software simulations.

It is absolutely hilarious to see some members here trying to undermine India's missile defense program. Moreover, some of them are thinking that the Chinese have already mastered the technology after carrying out just one test. :lol:

While I won't get into the details of India's AAD and PAD programs (other Indian members here have already done that brilliantly), let us shed some light on China's recent anti-missile test -

I came across this article by an Australian think tank on China's missile defense program -

China’s Anti-Ballistic Missile Test: Much Ado About Nothing

When William Shakespeare wrote his comedy ‘Much Ado About Nothing’, he could have been writing about the media’s reaction to China’s announcement that they had successfully intercepted a ballistic missile in mid-course flight.

The technology has been well with China’s grasp for many years, and given the time it takes to organise a test, this means it was either planned in advance to coincide with the Taiwan arms sales or the pieces were in place if Beijing wanted to show its displeasure at the United States or India.

Like the January 2007 anti-satellite (ASAT) test, the Chinese appear to have created another grand-strategic blunder. Far from hindering US efforts at supplying Patriot PAC-3 missiles to Taiwan, it strengthens the case; as it strengthens the case for modernizing US nuclear warheads, while also furthering the cause of US ballistic missile defence proponents as well.

The reaction of the media and many US observers reflects closely what the US Defense Science Board described as a ‘known surprise’ in their recent report on Capability Surprise, and to professionals in the China analysis community, is yet another expected step along an entirely predictable path.1

Russian Technological Assistance

The latest Surface–to-Air Missile (SAM) systems deployed by China have successfully intercepted short range ballistic missiles, using in-service Russian components, and Russian technical assistance. Assisted by Russian technicians, late last year in Xinjiang, the People’s Liberation Army successfully intercepted an SRBM during operational testing of one of its Almaz-Antey supplied S-300PMU-2 / SA-20B Gargoyle SAM systems.2

Of the SAM systems operated by China, the S-300PMU-2 has the best chance of intercepting a SRBM missile as it employs the 48N6E2 missile, which has a warhead optimised for destroying ballistic missiles, and numerous necessary radar design optimisations. All Chinese land based S-300P series SAM systems use variants of the 64N6E Big Bird rotating phased array battle management radar, which can acquire and track ballistic missiles. When employed in its ballistic missile defense (BMD) modes, the radar antenna rotation is stopped, the antenna is mechanically tilted upward, and the radar employs electronic steering of the antenna beam within a fixed angular sector.

Chinese SAM sites also employ the 36D6/ST-68U Tin Shield series, and more recently, also the new aelf-propelled 96L6E air defence and early warning radar, which supplement the more powerful 64N6, ensuring aerial target coverage is not lost when the 64N6 is operating in BMD mode.

China’s Ballistic Missile and Anti-Satellite Sensors

A Chinese ballistic missile defence system will be linked to the Second Artillery Corps' numerous ASAT sensor sites, providing tracking and targeting data for engagement of satellites and incoming warheads. There are eight satellite ground tracking stations, along with the space and satellite launch facilities at Taiyuan, Wuzhai and Jinquan, supplemented by four maritime tracking and control ships and two external ground stations in Kiribati and Namibia.4 To this must be included the PLA’s early warning and tracking radars which form part of the HQ-9 and S-300P series SAM systems.

Intercepting an incoming warhead in a test is not an unusually difficult achievement if you have missiles capable of entering the upper atmosphere and good tracking radars. The Nike-Zeus system intercepted 10 out of 14 warheads in 1962, although this was with nuclear warheads.5 The first successful non-nuclear intercept of a dummy Minuteman ICBM warhead in flight was on 10 June 1984 by an infra-red guided Kinetic Kill Vehicle (KKV), which unfurled a 4.2 metre metal net containing 36 spines.6

The intended production LIM-49A Spartan exoatmospheric ABM was a direct evolution of the Nike-Zeus ABM demonstrator (US Army).

China’s Ballistic Missile and Anti-Satellite Hard Kill Systems

The Chinese anti-satellite system was described by the Director of the United States Defense Intelligence Agency as a SE-19 KKV launched by a modified road mobile DF-21, or its civilian derivative the KT-1, from a Chinese manufactured WS-2400 Transporter-Erector-Launcher (TEL). Being road mobile means the launcher, along with communications and maintenance vehicles, could be deployed on the best axis to intercept a satellite, and making the ASAT system virtually impossible to target before launch. PLA forces deployed in another country could bring along an ASAT as part of their corps level assets to destroy foreign reconnaissance satellites looking at their forces, even if these forces were deployed well outside Chinese territory.

The anti-ballistic missile was most likely to have also been launched using a DF-21/KT-1 booster, although a mature system would benefit from a higher velocity launch vehicle, given that in real life incoming warheads will be detected in far less time than during a test range trial.

Conclusion

The announcement that the PLA intercepted a missile in the midcourse phase of its flight was not unexpected, given its ability to intercept a satellite in space. This does not mean that China has a workable operational ABM system, but all the pieces are now in place if it chose to develop such a system to protect itself from an Indian intermediate range ballistic missile. The intriguing question is why the Politburo continues to reveal China’s new strategic capabilities, reducing the powerful weapon of surprise whilst strengthening the position of the hawks in Washington, New Delhi and Taipei. It also warns India of the strategic need to include decoys and employ other measures to reduce vulnerability of its missiles.

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-NOTAM-140110-1.html

Before, there was a conception that the Chinese were secretly developing weapons so as to have the element of surprise against their military competitors. But the recent chest thumping by the Chinese has changed all that.

Anyways, as the article clearly outlined, Chinese missile defense system has greatly benefited from Russian assistance and such technology was mastered by other nations decades ago. If anything, these recent Chinese tests will only strengthen cooperation among nations who remain skeptical of China's "peaceful rise".

Last edited:
Russia has never done any mid course ICBM intercept test. China is now ahead of Russia in this area. The R&D is entirely on China's own right now.

Anyways, I don't know about India's anti-missile program. All I know is India has never demostrated a mid course interception. All these are just blah blah rhetorics and empty talk. I don't care a bit if India claims that it has better technology than the Death Star. China will continue to improve the technology and others who continue to blast us for "stealing" and "copying".

It is absolutely hilarious to see some members here trying to undermine India's missile defense program. Moreover, some of them are thinking that the Chinese have already mastered the technology after carrying out just one test. :lol:

While I won't get into the details of India's AAD and PAD programs (other Indian members here have already done that brilliantly), let us shed some light on China's recent anti-missile test -

I came across this article by an Australian think tank on China's missile defense program -

China’s Anti-Ballistic Missile Test: Much Ado About Nothing

China?s Anti-Ballistic Missile Test: Much Ado About Nothing

Before, there was a conception that the Chinese were secretly developing weapons so as to have the element of surprise against their military competitors. But the recent chest thumping by the Chinese has changed all that.

Anyways, as the article clearly outlined, Chinese missile defense system has greatly benefited from Russian assistance and such technology was mastered by other nations decades ago. If anything, these recent Chinese tests will only strengthen cooperation among nations who remain skeptical of China's "peaceful rise".

Russia has never done any mid course ICBM intercept test. China is now ahead of Russia in this area. The R&D is entirely on China's own right now.

Anyways, I don't know about India's anti-missile program. All I know is India has never demostrated a mid course interception. All these are just blah blah rhetorics and empty talk. I don't care a bit if India claims that it has better technology than the Death Star. China will continue to improve the technology and others who continue to blast us for "stealing" and "copying".

why dont u answer post no 64 above from khajur..... before doing ur mental mastur*****n ...:what:

why dont u answer post no 64 above from khajur..... before doing ur mental mastur*****n ...:what:

Yeah right, who the hell will believe in your so-called secret anti-missile

program when you Indians failed to produce a damn simple decent

rifle for more than 50 years ?

BTW, concerning the mastur*****n part, why don't you help him

out ? HaHaHa:smitten::pakistan::china:

Yeah right, who the hell will believe in your so-called secret anti-missile

program when you Indians failed to produce a damn simple decent

rifle for more than 50 years ?

BTW, concerning the mastur*****n part, why don't you help him

out ? HaHaHa:smitten::pakistan::china:

i didnt know ur friend(s) are incapable of mastur****** even...:yahoo:
plz dont make female friend....spare the girls for the others who are capable...:rofl::rofl:

in between why dont u have the guts to answer that post, instead of flaming and trolling....and instead of doing ur mental mastur******.....:P

i didnt know ur friend(s) are incapable of mastur****** even...:yahoo:
plz dont make female friend....spare the girls for the others who are capable...:rofl::rofl:

in between why dont u have the guts to answer that post, instead of flaming and trolling....and instead of doing ur mental mastur******.....:P

mastur... you *******... :angry: :angry:

Both of your posts have been reported.

mastur... you *******... :angry: :angry:

Both of your posts have been reported.

and dont report ur fellows post...:P

and secondly this term "mental mastur******" is favourite of ur fellow grey boy2.....he is the one who uses it in every single troll post of his....

and now when it is used once against u then crying like babies.....:rofl::rofl:

India is ahead of Chinese missile technologies in stealth, target precision management, and algorithmic evasion.

how can we catch up india? increase our lung capacity for 吹ing?‎

Last edited:
And whats that THAAD like system CHina has??its was their first testing and you started bragging about it ..

There is gap between India and China in missile defense..and also India also tested Mid course ABM defense technology much earlier than China and we are ready to induct in 2012-2013..
As I said many times here..in the event of war we are our own ..we need to take care of ourselves and I believe we are going in right direction and continue your third rate ranting with sugar coating..

Hope you still remembers what gambit said :lol:

When did India ever tested mid course ABM. I do not believe India has even bragged about a mid course ABM, let along test one.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom