What's new

India counters Chinese anti-missile test

@chinapakistan,

Brother, should we pay attention to some people who do not deserve it?

I think, we should ignore them.

Anyway, always thank greyboy. Honestly speaking, I myself do not even read all the posts of my Chinese and Pakistani brothers, I just thank them, because I trust them. I know their posts will be in support of China and Pakistan, so why should I waste my time reading their posts? Its better to thank them always.

@chinapakistan,

Anyway, always thank greyboy. Honestly speaking, I myself do not even read all the posts of my Chinese and Pakistani brothers, I just thank them, because I trust them. I know their posts will be in support of China and Pakistan, so why should I waste my time reading their posts? Its better to thank them always.

:suicide: :suicide:

Kindly read seiko's post regarding missile defence. Thanks.

You dont belive my words so i will give you what Gambit send me on mail about ABM .. he is an expert ,you cant argue about it ..I hope he dont mind me posting this here ..

Technically speaking, there is no difference between ICBM or lesser distance missile defense. Ballistic missiles of all distances have the same parabollic trajectory, only their altitude differs with intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) have a suborbital component in their flights, meaning ICBM warheads momentarily became 'spacecrafts'. But all ballistic missiles have the same basic flight characteristics: vertical launch or 'boost' phase, an arc or 'mid-course' phase and a descent or 'terminal' phase.

Ballistic missile defense is about intercepting the warhead at all three points -- in theory. However, since it is improbable to know when a missile is launched, the defense is left with trying to intercept the warhead at the mid-phase and the descent points. A mid-phase interception require the interceptor to meet the warhead at the apex of its journey.

, the basics of interception are the same for lesser range missiles. So some people in the closed discussion are wrong about there is a difference between ICBM and shorter range defense. Anti-ballistic missile (ABM) defense means exactly that -- ballistic type of missiles. Cruise missiles do not have ballistic trajectories. Air combat missiles do not have ballistic trajectories. These two types exploit aerodynamics principles.

Intercontinental (ICBM) distances have the longest flight time, up to thirty minutes, but can be less than fifteen. Shorter range BM give the defense less response, making development on detection, response formulation and interception more difficult, giving some people a false impression that ABM defense is mechanically different than ICBM defense. No difference. The 'IC' is really meaningless as far as the mechanics are concerned. It is the 'BM' that matters. Shorter range BMs are still 'ballistic' in trajectories. Take the above graphics and lower it down several thousands kms in altitude and you will see there are no differences.

So since it is near improbable at this time to intercept a BM at its boost phase, that leave the defense mid- and terminal- phases to work with. If there is a suborbital component to the BM's flight, creating an exo-atmospheric interceptor can be quite technically challenging. That leave the terminal, or descent, phase available for interception. At this point, the warhead is in atmospheric environment and this is why some people are wrong about ABM defense is different than ICBM defense. To intercept an ICBM or lesser range missile during its terminal phase differs only at the altitude factor. The ICBM warhead begin its descent, or terminal phase, from orbit. The shorter range BM warhead begins its descent when it is still endo-atmospheric.

===========================================

Dont always listen to what your Chinese papers say ..:wave:

What Gambit says is mostly correct, however he misses an essential difference. It is like saying a semi-truck and a Tata nano is basically the same because both are used for transport. However, in practical reality both are used for different purposes as the capacity of a semi greatly exceeds that of a nano.

Take for example the Prithvi which intercepted a BM at an attitude of 75 km. Contrast that to the recent 2010.01.11 test in which an ICBM was intercepted (and destroyed) at a altitude of thousands of km. So if your ABM has such a handicaped altitude range, that basically relegates its role to the terminal entry phase of the ICBM. Hope you can fathom this important distinction.

What Gambit says is mostly correct, however he misses an essential difference. It is like saying a semi-truck and a Tata nano is basically the same because both are used for transport. However, in practical reality both are used for different purposes as the capacity of a semi greatly exceeds that of a nano.

Take for example the Prithvi which intercepted a BM at an attitude of 75 km. Contrast that to the recent 2010.01.11 test in which an ICBM was intercepted (and destroyed) at a altitude of thousands of km. So if your ABM has such a handicaped altitude range, that basically relegates its role to the terminal entry phase of the ICBM. Hope you can fathom this important distinction.

You still didnt get what he said ..do you?? :disagree:

Technically speaking, there is no difference between ICBM or lesser distance missile defense.

Hey, I know nothing about militory technology.
But, I am a software engineer, I just know that a application run on Redhat machine, it doese not mean it can run on a Debian machine...... Technically speaking(quoting your word:rofl:), there is no difference between Redhat and Debian as they are both Linux OS.
If you wanna migrate a application which run on Redhat machine to a Debian machine, you shoul change the source and recompile it, and do enough tests to ensure it can run well on a Debian machine.

And now you tell me, if a anti-missle can work against lesser distance missile defense it aslo can work well against ICBM without any testing?????? How can you indian so self-confidence???:rofl::rofl:

@chinapakistan,

Hey, bro, Frankly speaking, it is really very hard for me to understand their logic.

Hey, I know nothing about militory technology.
But, I am a software engineer, I just know that a application run on Redhat machine, it doese not mean it can run on a Debian machine...... Technically speaking(quoting your word:rofl:), there is no difference between Redhat and Debian as they are both Linux OS.
If you wanna migrate a application which run on Redhat machine to a Debian machine, you shoul change the source and recompile it, and do enough tests to ensure it can run well on a Debian machine.

And now you tell me, if a anti-missle can work against lesser distance missile defense it aslo can work well against ICBM without any testing?????? How can you indian so self-confidence???:rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl: are you sure you are a software engineer? ..take a look at that post ..it was the post of Gambit..I was only forwarding it..man justify the claims of superior IQ and Intelligence once in a while :bounce: ..I will ask Gambit to shed more light in to it..But i dont have any hope that you guys will understand about it in this life :no:

Offtopic: lolz Grey boy you actually thanked him for that?? :rofl:

:rofl::rofl: are you sure you are a software engineer? ..take a look at that post ..it was the post of Gambit..I was only forwarding it..man justify the claims of superior IQ and Intelligence once in a while :bounce: ..I will ask Gambit to shed more light in to it..But i dont have any hope that you guys will understand about it in this life :no:

Hey, girl, It need not be low that just crying like a baby when you lose a debate. If you have something can beat me just make your point.
Crying like a baby doese not make any sense.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey, girl, It need not be low that just crying like a baby when you lose a debate. If you have something can beat me just make your point.
Crying like a baby doese not make any sense.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dont have anything to argue now and startd writing whatever comes to the mind? :pop: ..

Yeah, and LCA program started 20 years earlier than J-10,

Now there are hundreds of J-10 in PLAAF, where are LCA ?

Great logic, my dear Indian friend, I guess stupidity had no limit ?

At least we have the will to finish what we have started ! what about,

Nanchang J-12 (abandoned ?)

Chengdu J-9 (abandoned ?)

And about the speed of development financial and political reasons play a major role in it.At times Projects had to be paused so that the country could concentrate more on economic development.

Hey buddy, no need to feel bad about those IQ stuff, its not your fault

I thanks my brother to show support, you have any problem with

that ?

Congrate. to Indians secret program for countering Chinese anti-

missile test, BTW, any time table to reveal your secret program ?
:smitten::pakistan::china:

Dont have anything to argue now and startd writing whatever comes to the mind? :pop: ..

Hey, buddy, why not just accept that you know nothing about milssle technology frankly like me.
I really know nothing about millitory technology and just related it to something what i am good at it. It can make you think reasnonally.
I will never ever believe any system can work well without any test, it imposible.:rofl::rofl::rofl: Maybe it it hard for indian to understand, bcoz they just think similar things work in the same way.......

Hey buddy, no need to feel bad about those IQ stuff, its not your fault

I thanks my brother to show support, you have any problem with

that ?

Congrate. to Indians secret program for countering Chinese anti-

missile test, BTW, any time table to reveal your secret program ?
:smitten::pakistan::china:

Yea reading your mate posts i too think its not anybodys fault :disagree: ..dude did you even care to read the article ..or just in a hurry to bash India you skip that? where in it they said Indians secret program for countering Chinese anti-missile test??Some superior IQ and Intelligence you guys have ..suerly its not my fault :disagree:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom