What's new

India cannot stay neutral towards Iran: Shimon Peres

India with its horrible past history of discrimination and present where there is huge disparity should NOT wield the double edge sword of 'Human Rights'. Its not a game we can win ....and if we cannot win, we should not play a game of high stakes.

In any case Iran is an unreliable nation and in the past has demonstrated anti India acts. Israel on the other hand, need us so their loyalty is assured.

So India will probably drift closer to Israel while keeping good relations with Iran.
Iran is probably the only country that supported India's stand in Jammu and Kashmir. They don't talk about the UN BS. All the others that supported India earlier in the Muslim world are gone. Everyone left sees it as a Muslim vs non-Muslim issue. Only after India pi$$ed off Iran did they start making unsavory remarks about J&K. Iran is not unreliable as you say. In fact, it is USA that is the most unreliable ally(Just ask Pakistanis). Israel will support any country because it has no other option.

Human rights issue is a real issue. If all countries become hardened to such issues, it is easy to see another Hitler rise up. You are one of those cowards who cannot make a distinction between state instituted human rights violations and those that are not. Thank God India have people with sense at the helm of foreign affairs. Nowadays every Tom Dick Harry is a born again Chanakya with a command on realpolitik.

History of the land lives in the people who inhabit those lands !

What Indian Culture ? The Baluch were called Baluch, the Pukhtoons were called Pukhtoons as were the Sindhis & the Punjabis, the Marahata has their own name & identity, as did the Bengalis & others !

The ancient guys are all dead,the current baloch/pashtuns are new invaders from the west,thats why they are not recognized as the original inhabitant.

Iran is a natural buffer to India's natural enemies. ( All the geopolitical strategists know what I'm talking about)

So, if India is acting on national interest, it makes sense to keep a friendly relationship with Iran.

Iran is an important country in the middle east in whatever terms you want to look at it.

India has the Biggest Shia population outside of Iran ( 50 million)

India+Iran friendship is beneficial for both nations.

Not really Pakistan has the second largest shia population after Iran... and to be honest we face no discrimination... several COAS and Presidents have been appointed... but the reality is tht india is only a business partner... they cut down oil supplies and even got out of IPI deal under US pressure... and do view Pak-Iran relations which were excellent before the khomeinis... under Reza Shahs rule...

yeah that's why i support israel and don't want these iranians to get nukes.

indian people should know that these iranians helped pakistan during 65 war.
iran is not an ally.it's just an business partner and we should treat them like one.

i am in favor of getting benefit from iran and saudi rivalry.
saudi offer was good so we have to cut our oil import so that we can get benefit from saudis.
maybe iran will sell cheaper oil from saudi then we will buy it from them.

saudis are also helping us with the terrorists.
likes of abu jindal and others are now in india.
so dump iran and go with the saudis

Jindal was an indian... as for saudis... good luck with tht... but i doubt they wil help india against Pakistan... google Saudi-Pak relations to get an idea...

The ancient guys are all dead,the current baloch/pashtuns are new invaders from the west,thats why they are not recognized as the original inhabitant.

BS... We have been living in these land since thousands of years... google mehergarh,gandhara and indus,harapa,mohenjodaro civilisations...

Er.........Currently, Iran is more important than before.

Its traditional role in India's energy security and also in regional security, i.e Iran's role in stabilization of Afghanistan.

Iran is probably the only country that supported India's stand in Jammu and Kashmir. They don't talk about the UN BS. All the others that supported India earlier in the Muslim world are gone. Everyone left sees it as a Muslim vs non-Muslim issue. Only after India pi$$ed off Iran did they start making unsavory remarks about J&K. Iran is not unreliable as you say. In fact, it is USA that is the most unreliable ally(Just ask Pakistanis). Israel will support any country because it has no other option.

LOL .... .are you trying to equate US and Iran ? :lol: you need a country of similar capabilities to equate ....i.e. Iran and Israel.

Iran has NOT always supported India on J&K nor on many other issues. In fact Iran's support to Pakistan during Indo-Pak ware is on record. :coffee:

Iran does not matter on the world stage ..... no one care if they support us on J&K or are against us on J&K.

Iran is pretty unreliable ..... even their own citizens cannot trust their regime ...and you are asking India to trust them ? :coffee:

Human rights issue is a real issue. If all countries become hardened to such issues, it is easy to see another Hitler rise up. You are one of those cowards who cannot make a distinction between state instituted human rights violations and those that are not. Thank God India have people with sense at the helm of foreign affairs. Nowadays every Tom Dick Harry is a born again Chanakya with a command on realpolitik.

:lol: ....this is funny $hit.

Human rights are only issues to bully nations ..... No one cares a fcuk about poor Asians and African kids dying anywhere in the world. For the longest time they did not care about ASEAN kids dying either ........No qualms about dropping Nukes on Japan or Agent Orange in Vietnam ....no qualms about Cambodia or pedo sex trade.

I don't need your 'certificate' of courage :P ..............what next ? You are going to issue me a certificate of 'secularism' too ? :devil:

What is this nonsense about Hitler ? ....he only killed 1 million jews .......Global hero Winston Churchill killed 6 million Indians during Bengal famine .......dont see too may Human rights heroes crying about us :coffee:

Come back to me when you grow up kid ..........

Neutrality is the best way for India. India should not make US/Isaeli foreign policy into their foreign policy. India can easily be friends with both Iran and Israel. In fact, maybe being neutral, and as India's economy grows, India might in future even play a role of mediator between these two nations.

Neutrality is the best way for India. India should not make US/Isaeli foreign policy into their foreign policy. India can easily be friends with both Iran and Israel. In fact, maybe being neutral, and as India's economy grows, India might in future even play a role of mediator between these two nations.

:lol: ...why on earth would you want us to mediate ?

Have you ever tried to mediate between couples who are getting divorced ? ..........not advisable unless you are their lawyers and stand to make Tons of Money :D

Else we would become like Hanuman ................biwi kisi aur ka ....lekin gaand jali apni ( ref. to his tail set on fire) :P .........No Ram to save us either.....only Ravan's in kali yug.

Er.........Currently, Iran is more important than before.

Its traditional role in India's energy security and also in regional security, i.e Iran's role in stabilization of Afghanistan.

If you have not noticed, its increasingly getting difficult to buy oil from Iran bcs of sanctions and GOI rightly is looking for other suppliers. As for access for Central Asia I think we are wasting our time and resources in search of that ' Promised Land' while we should be looking at some where else like Africa. Lets face it we can only have better access to CA by having better relations with Pakistan and violence in Afghanisthan subsides which is a distant possibility.

:lol: ...why on earth would you want us to mediate ?

Have you ever tried to mediate between couples who are getting divorced ? ..........not advisable unless you are their lawyers and stand to make Tons of Money :D

Else we would become like Hanuman ................biwi kisi aur ka ....lekin gaand jali apni ( ref. to his tail set on fire) :P .........No Ram to save us either.....only Ravan's in kali yug.

Only a neutral party can become an honest mediator. But you're right becoming a mediator is a headache in itself. But if both countries get along with each other, at least Iran will not have the sanctions and India can benefit from Iranian oil which would be most beneficial for India's growing economy.

Your talking about 1965 and 1971??

I'm talking about TODAY.

It's best for India and Iran to have a friendly relationship. Cooperation can be done with India in many areas. One important place is Afghanistan.

Rightly said, more often than not we are always on the same side when it comes to Afghanistan.

Only a neutral party can become an honest mediator. But you're right becoming a mediator is a headache in itself. But if both countries get along with each other, at least Iran will not have the sanctions and India can benefit from Iranian oil which would be most beneficial for India's growing economy.

There are no 'neutral' parties in Politics ..... International or National. Don't do a naive Jawharlal Nehru on me.

Back
Top Bottom