What's new

India cannot stay neutral towards Iran: Shimon Peres

Staying neutral can be better can picking sides sometimes.

Israel should not sell any more weapons to India. And India should forget about getting any more advance systems such as super green pine. Israel should regard any countries friendly to Iran as enemies. Lets face it, would you trust anyone who wants to be friends with the country that swear to wipe you off the face of the earth.

Both India and Pakistan are equally new entities. India only existed as a geographical expression prior to British domination.

So India is a geographical expression. Such as Europe or middle east.

Yeah whatever - I don't expect much intelligence to come out of a Chinese anyways.

India has every right to become neutral with Iran....But again it depends on India and its strength as a independent nation how far she can protect itself from outside pressure to take a stand on Iran...

Indian population is pro-white. You have a love for Caucasians since 200 years of occupation by them has made India enjoy its colonial history. It's what makes an Indian an Indian.

Hmmm i wonder thats why people in Sub Continent use Fair N Lovely cream on their skin......to make their skin lighter

Lots of culture stealers in this thread. Back to the point, we should not forget what nadar shah did to us.

When the white man says do this, Indians will do it. India has absolutely no independent foreign policy.

India has always made its choices based purely on national interests.

We are planning to replace the 'white man' with a 'yellow man' .........can you help us find one ? :D

I can tell you but i don't wanna be get banned……
well India Israel relations are stronger so if Israelis would put pressure that Iran Indo relation would be destroyed……
India is already gradually moving away from Iran and thats why becomming near the west and Israel……

Staying neutral can be better can picking sides sometimes.

However it doesn't quite works when one of your closest ally desperately wants you to get rid of the other not so close ally . Now how can you remain neutral in such a situation :P

Iran is a natural buffer to India's natural enemies. ( All the geopolitical strategists know what I'm talking about)

So, if India is acting on national interest, it makes sense to keep a friendly relationship with Iran.

Iran is an important country in the middle east in whatever terms you want to look at it.

India has the Biggest Shia population outside of Iran ( 50 million)

India+Iran friendship is beneficial for both nations.

India is at cross roads now and considering the israeli influence in india and especially as a sensitive weapon seller its highly unlikely inida would be able to get away with it with some hypocrisy or diplomacy as you may call and will have to get away from iran , Iran needs money by selling oil and wont care about only sweet words from india and with IP gas project and allowing Iran its due influence in afghanistan , Pakistan can actually route out indian influence from both afghanistan and Iran which would be a big win . On the other hand if india doesnt obey israel it may loose many radar , drone and missile tech which will benefit Pak as well so its a win win for Pakistan in any case .:pakistan:

And with second largest shia population (Pakistan).. and better ties between Iran and Pak... i.e IP pipeline,setting up refineries,cultural exchanges etc... i doubt Iran will help india in destablising Pakistan... in the past they have already helped Pakistan ... even during wars.

yeah that's why i support israel and don't want these iranians to get nukes.

indian people should know that these iranians helped pakistan during 65 war.
iran is not an ally.it's just an business partner and we should treat them like one.

i am in favor of getting benefit from iran and saudi rivalry.
saudi offer was good so we have to cut our oil import so that we can get benefit from saudis.
maybe iran will sell cheaper oil from saudi then we will buy it from them.

saudis are also helping us with the terrorists.
likes of abu jindal and others are now in india.
so dump iran and go with the saudis

Iran is a natural buffer to India's natural enemies. ( All the geopolitical strategists know what I'm talking about)

So, if India is acting on national interest, it makes sense to keep a friendly relationship with Iran.

Iran is an important country in the middle east in whatever terms you want to look at it.

India has the Biggest Shia population outside of Iran ( 50 million)

India+Iran friendship is beneficial for both nations.

You supported Pakistan against India in 1965 and 1971 war with them, where was your love for Shia then.

You supported Pakistan against India in 1965 and 1971 war with them, where was your love for Shia then.

Your talking about 1965 and 1971??

I'm talking about TODAY.

It's best for India and Iran to have a friendly relationship. Cooperation can be done with India in many areas. One important place is Afghanistan.

IMO Iran did the right thing supporting Pakistan.

Your talking about 1965 and 1971??

I'm talking about TODAY.

It's best for India and Iran to have a friendly relationship.

Sorry for not having a current Indo-Pak War.While looking forward towards future, its always better to keep in mind the history.

IMO Iran did the right thing supporting Pakistan.

Good to know..So Muslim card trumps Shia card and Israel for their part with a decade of establishing normal relations with them helped us in winning Kargil Conflict.

For me choosing b/n Israel and Iran is choosing b/n Knowledge & Oil and we can get the latter from a lot of other parties.

Back
Top Bottom