What's new

ICC 2010 Twenty20 World Cup THREAD

Now India needs to take a cue from Pakistan and beat SL by atleast 20 runs or chase in 18 overs.

Not really, even after Pakistan lost to NZ, Pakistan had a better NRR than NZ and SA.

What Pakistan didn't needed is England to beat SA and NZ by any particular margin, they just needed England to beat them by any margin - by 1 run or by 1 wicket with 0 balls remaining would do. They also needed to beat SA by any margin.

India's NRR is the worse of SL, WI, and India. They first need to beat Sri Lanka by a good margin (I am thinking around 40 runs), and then need Australia to beat West Indies by a sizable margin as well, maybe 10-20 runs. It's most likely that besides Australia it will be SL that will go through.
Nope All India needs is to beat SL by 20 runs and WI to be defeated by any margin...

Tough but doable.

Now India needs to take a cue from Pakistan and beat SL by atleast 20 runs or chase in 18.3 overs.

Indian team is tired. they played like they were sick against Aussies.

they got no single good player. Indian openers, i don't even know what to say on that.

I still want Sehwag and Sachin to be openers!!!! :agree:

The Hindu : Sport / Cricket : India needs a big win against Sri Lanka

Mahendra Singh Dhoni and his men need to overcome Sri Lanka by at least 20 runs, or with 13 to 15 deliveries to spare depending on the total they chase, here on Tuesday and then hope for Australia to beat the West Indies.

India could then get its Net Run Rate (NRR) above Sri Lanka and the West Indies. Presently, India (-1.575) is last in NRR in Group ‘F' below the host (-1.075), Sri Lanka (-0.600) and Australia (+3.250).

If he wins the toss again, Dhoni would serve his side's cause better by electing to bat. Till Sunday, no team had successfully chased a total beyond 150 in this edition of the ICC World Twenty20.

Back
Top Bottom