What's new

IAF to induct 15 indigenously-built 'Saras' light transport aircraft

I wonder if this aircraft could be used by the indian navy ? imagine it landing on a ac after being modifed ..lol overall i don't think there is anything wrong with it good for india.

Do you think that each plane which is used by Navy should land on an A/C :undecided:

Why is it that all the test planes in shitty green / Yellow colour ? Any particualar reason

Its a primer coat to protect l sheet metal and base for paint. Test flight before entering paint shop. If my eyes are not mistaken I read the ID of this a/c VT-XRM same as colored pictures above in the post!

VKSL1634-700542.JPG

With expert consultancies from Italy's Piaggio Aero and Russia's Myasischev Experimental Design Bureau (MDB), India's Saras light transport aircraft programme, plagued by development hurdles and a tragic crash of its second prototype, will finally get back to flight testing next year. As part of a comprehensive recovery programme following the crippling crash on March 6 last year, the first Saras prototype PT-1 is being converted into a PT-2+ standard, and programme is also attempting to finish fabrication of two production standard aircraft (PSA) to join the flight test routine. The consultancies with Piaggio and MDB were necessary after India's civil aviation authority concluded that fundamental design flaws had caused [PDF] last year's crash. The two companies are helping the Saras team completely redesign the aircraft's nacelles.

Livefist - Indian Defence & Aerospace: With Foreign Help, Troubled Saras Crawling Back To Life

VKSL1629-700125.JPG

VKSL1634-700542.JPG

VKSL1637-700927.JPG

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

VKSL1639-701373.JPG

VKSL1643-701702.JPG

VKSL1646-702327.JPG

Back
Top Bottom