What's new

IAF Plane crashes near jamnagar in Gujarat

Did the pilot eject at the first sign of trouble?

Did it occur to him that the plane might had been saved if he tried harder?

Good job by the pilot. Planes can be replaced, life of the pilot cannot.

Did the pilot eject at the first sign of trouble?

Did it occur to him that the plane might had been saved if he tried harder?
UN-BLOODY-BELEIVABLE.

Hey dumba$$ how about you see if you have what it takes to become a fighter pilot, from where I'm standing there's no way you have the mental capacity to get a driving licence let alone a pilot's.

Indian pilots are undertrained and with Russian hardware it becomes difficult to survive in tough situation. They need to invest more in training and those exercises. It's a million dollar bird and India can't afford to let them fall down so casually. There must be something crappy training pilots or planes. If you see number of planes crashing it's not normal.

Indian pilots are undertrained and with Russian hardware it becomes difficult to survive in tough situation. They need to invest more in training and those exercises. It's a million dollar bird and India can't afford to let them fall down so casually. There must be something crappy training pilots or planes. If you see number of planes crashing it's not normal.

BS of the highest order. If you look at the number of sorties the IAF flies and the accident rate, it is no different from that of other major air forces. Did you actually do such a comparison before asserting that "it's not normal''? If you want, there are websites that maintain this info, and I shall be happy to provide the links.

Y
BS of the highest order. If you look at the number of sorties the IAF flies and the accident rate, it is no different from that of other major air forces. Did you actually do such a comparison before asserting that "it's not normal''? If you want, there are websites that maintain this info, and I shall be happy to provide the links.
you are bs indeed. India is spending too much on quality and maintenance of hardware so don't compare some remote country to India. Compare it to Pakistan China Russia and United States inducted planes. The money spent on these planes are not tere Baap ka paisa so keep your bs under the sleeves. India is not spending and investing much on training and exercises it's a known fact to most IAF professionals. And indeed life is important but so is the plane. Pilot's life as important as any engineer or doctor or accountant or rickshawala. So we do need to take care of these machines maintenance and their skill developmentand experience they achieve during peace. 
Those countries who have equal falling birds are either facing war or lack of funding to induct quality jets in ranks.

Y

you are bs indeed. India is spending too much on quality and maintenance of hardware so don't compare some remote country to India. Compare it to Pakistan China Russia and United States inducted planes. The money spent on these planes are not tere Baap ka paisa so keep your bs under the sleeves. India is not spending and investing much on training and exercises it's a known fact to most IAF professionals. And indeed life is important but so is the plane. Pilot's life as important as any engineer or doctor or accountant or rickshawala. So we do need to take care of these machines maintenance and their skill developmentand experience they achieve during peace. 
Those countries who have equal falling birds are either facing war or lack of funding to induct quality jets in ranks.

Did I ask you to compare to some remote country? I specifically said compare with other major air forces. So all that ranting is meaningless.

As for this part:

India is not spending and investing much on training and exercises it's a known fact to most IAF professionals.

Show me a link to that claim, made by an IAF professional. Don't pass off your notions as "known facts", just like you earlier made a claim that the accident rate is "shocking", without bothering to actually look at the rates.

Did I ask you to compare to some remote country? I specifically said compare with other major air forces. So all that ranting is meaningless.

As for this part:

Show me a link to that claim, made by an IAF professional. Don't pass off your notions as "known facts", just like you earlier made a claim that the accident rate is "shocking", without bothering to actually look at the rates.

Show me details of any other country which has lost more planes crashing during peace time.

Show me details of any other country which has lost more planes crashing during peace time.

As expected, you did not provide any link to substantiate your claim, instead you ask me for details. But I'm happy to oblige. Before I do so, let us understand and agre that you cannot show a link for that stupid claim, that "India is not spending and investing much on training and exercises it's a known fact to most IAF professionals."

Now, to your demand for details about any other country which has lost more aircrafts during peacetime. Umm...off the top of my head...the United States of America. I'll provide you with details step by step, and as I walk you through this exercise, I hope you will learn to appreciate our forces and understand the fact that aircraft losses happen even to the best, and at no better rates.

For your reference, the total number of aircrafts crashed by IAF is 1024. Keep this figure in mind throughout this exercise. Here is a complete list:

Warbirds of India - [Air Crash / Attrition Listings of the Indian Air Forces]

Now. Let me make things interesting for you. The total number of aircraft crashes by the IAF since 1947 is 1024, and the total number of crahes of F-16s alone by the USAF alone from 1975 is 461! Here is a complete list:

F-16 Accidents & Mishaps for the United States Air Force :: F-16.net

So the number of F-16s crashed by the USAF is almost half that of all IAF crashes since independence, despite the fact that the F-16 is a much safer bird to fly than most IAF birds, and the ones in the USAF were all relatively new, unlike the tottering, ancient migs that poor IAF pilots fly everyday.

And that is just one aircraft type. Coming to the F-15s, the total number crashed by the USAF is 146. This is a twin engined bird, one of the best in the world, much more forgiving and easier to fly than mig-21s. Here is a complete list:

F-15

Now go ahead and dig up the info of all the other aircrafts the USAF flies currently, using those resources linked. Add them up, and the tally will already surpass the total IAF crashes.

Now start counting the crashes of the previously in service aircrafts, like F-86 and F-104s and F-111s and so on, and your final tally will be several times more. (The list for

Now add the crashes of the USN and USMC (since you asked for country, and not air force alone...add indian navy to the other side of the equation for a negligible effect.) They are also bigger than most air forces in the world.

You will see that USA has lost several times more planes than India has.

Now check Russia and china...wait you can't, because they (USSR then and china now) doesn't make such records public. But it stands to reason that they too would have lost more than India, since they are both much larger than the IAF, and you cannot argue that they are better trained than the americans.Try britain. Try any major air force as I said before.

After going through these stats, after learning that the USAF (and even the USN and USMC) have crashed far more planes than IAF, and bearing in mind that they get to fly top notch fighters straight from the production line, while our pilots fly inherently dangerous aircrafts like mig-21 for half a century, stop spreading the canard around that the IAF is undertrained, or that the accident rates are "shocking". It is not. For any air force that flies so many aircrafts and so many sorties, this rate is normal. And if the rate of mig-21 crashes is kept aside, the safety rates are even more impressive.

Guys what is the main reason u think for taking too much time for selecting one plane ? Talking about MMRCA

close proximity with Pakistan border... otherwise IAF plane does not crash any where else.

:rofl:kid,Do you know that Accidents is not all mean crashed.
F-16 461 Accidents (crash + Mishap)
Lots of the 461 F-16s are flying in sky.
But your 1024 all wear crashed.
USA own 2244 F-16s and 700+ F15 ,how much about all IAF ?

Back
Top Bottom