What's new

C-130J crashes in Gwalior

the a/c was on a training mission. so the crews were inexperienced. very sad.

Can't definitively say.

There were two Wing Commanders...and one Squadron Leader (who was the trainee).

Can't definitively say.

There were two Wing Commanders...and one Squadron Leader (who was the trainee).

Specifically, it was a training mission for low level penetration and special tactics. They may have been inexperienced in those, but not in general. I don't know for sure.

Specifically, it was a training mission for low level penetration and special tactics. They may have been inexperienced in those, but not in general. I don't know for sure.

New equipment generally has problems with teething. This plane particularly. Once you know it well, piece of cake.

Hmmm.. But still I am sure that IAF is committed towards acquiring a good deal of 30? C-130Js and 30+C-17s from US.

We'll this is quite a jump. Even the most experienced aviators have to train on a regular basis.

Considering the C-130Js are barely in service for 3 years the IAF as a whole is quite new to it though-yes.

However the IAF has placed relatively experienced and competent aviators in this newly raised Spec Ops SQD the Veiled Vipers considering the mission profile of hunks SQD.

Just thinking loud here, could wind shear have caused the a/c to destabilize resulting in inappropriate inputs from the pilot in command?

As anyone with a single hour in a cockpit knows, every bird handles differently even birds of the same version, wind shear could have possibly played a role.

N.B. Pure speculation, due to the altitude of the flight.

Bj0RY4xCAAAxfGV.jpg:large

This picture is very confusing for me personally...

The supposed hill is on the left of the picture, but the aircraft was evidently moving from right to left...so clipping a hill would seem very improbable.

The empennage is mostly intact, in fact the ailerons are untouched...and the assembly is lying far behind the main concentrated debris field...

Rules out a break up high in the sky. Clipping some ground object other than the hill might be a probable cause...

If thats true then seriously IAF is the most immature Air force in the world.. they are handing over latest Aircraft to inexperience pilots amazing.... whata idot logic!

If thats true then seriously IAF is the most immature Air force in the world.. they are handing over latest Aircraft to inexperience pilots amazing.... whata idot logic!
Reaad my post again, slowly.

Not a big surprise. Incompetency reeks through the ranks in Indian forces.

Back
Top Bottom