What's new

IAF MiG-21 crashes in Haryana

Bird hit? Didn't some witnesses saw the plane on fire? Anyway, is the result of accident investigation out already?
Or is it the same, "my aunty who is in the airforce said that" story. -_-

Bird hit? Didn't some witnesses saw the plane on fire? Anyway, is the result of accident investigation out already?
We are not talkin abt some aunty of yours......... as for the bird being sucked into the DSI (which caused the fire)...It was told by a PDF member whose brother works as an eng on the Peshawar airbase where the sqd is based.

Another crash? :sick:

Well, good to know the pilots are safe :D

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Inorder to maintain........a healthy no. of a squadrons......
Indeed.....mig-21s are crashing repeatatly....but don't underestimate them..........They r still ALIVE:tup::tup:

More like flying coffins. They should have replaced those old birds a long time ago.

More like flying coffins. They should have replaced those old birds a long time ago.
Have you flown them??
The aircraft is loved by most IAF pilots because of it's agility and uniqueness(A former pilot described his MiG21 as a distinct one as the others in his own sqd. had different characteristics!)
It's an unforgiving aircraft and it's easy to screw up when you lack skill/concentration.
The blame lies on the IAF's planning and MoD's red-tapism.

Have you flown them??
The aircraft is loved by most IAF pilots because of it's agility and uniqueness(A former pilot described his MiG21 as a distinct one as the others in his own sqd. had different characteristics!)
It's an unforgiving aircraft and it's easy to screw up when you lack skill/concentration.
You know why every body doesnt love to post above point
Our brothers want source for every thing to believe.

We have become so baniya (no offence.It's not about specific cast) mentality. We feel proud to use junk even after its life span.We are milking dead cow in mig-21.But we are loosing young pilots. For god's sake just burn the dead cow :angry:

So finally you are developing the guts to say what senior members had said in the past in your own style.... don't stole the lines of others...be the real one...an original

Have you flown them??

Do you fanboys just have to take almost everything out of context?

Read my post again. Never did I say that the MiG-21 was a piece of $hit.

The MiG-21 is a more or less capable 3rd generation fighter for its time. Although the F-4 Phantom was technically superior.

Generally speaking, as an aircraft gets older, the more expensive it becomes to take care of it and potentially more dangerous to fly.

IAF's planning and GoI's redtapism? WTF? So you are saying all IAF aircraft must crash due to this??

Every aircraft has a certain life limit.

The bottom line is, those MiGs are old and should have been replaced a long time ago. That was my point. Hell, even my country retired them on 1999.

You know why every body doesnt love to post above point
Our brothers want source for every thing to believe.

Hey you, if you guys love the design so much, you can always replace them with F-7s :lol:

Back
Top Bottom