What's new

IAF MiG-21 crashes in Haryana

The JFT was lost due to bird hit..(got stuck in the engine-dsi) not related to technical malfunction.

As for mig-21 IAF pilot...RIP.. Unlike indians on indian forums we dont celebrate the deaths of indian military persons or indian civies...

Why say saying RIP when the pilot is safe? these birds should be grounded they antique now.

another one:what: why IAF is putting the life of pilots at risk. i think they will not stop till single MiG-21 is left in fleet.

What the **** is our airforce doing? they so freaking in love with nostalgia they wanna keep hearing the mig21 engines

The Mig-21 is no longer a flying coffin. Sure, it might not be as safe as a modern fighter jet, but it is quite respectable when you consider that the IAF is known for its high flying hours and extreme dogfight training.

Considering that we operate hundreds of Bisons, a few crashes each year (the current rate), is not that bad.

What the **** is our airforce doing? they so freaking in love with nostalgia they wanna keep hearing the mig21 engines

Its not the air force, but the freaking babus that keep delaying the freaking deal. MMRCA has been doing the rounds for over a decade now. Hawks took 20 years to materalise. Unlike our neighbour, Armed forces does not interfear in govt matters and hence suffers. If someone has to be blamed for the crashes, it has to be the politicians.

What is the Crash per flying hours of the IAF Mig-21? I've been trying to find this info but it's elusive.
The JF-17 has a crash rate of 1 per 7000hours/10,000sorties at present.

Does somebody have that for important stat for the IAF Mig-21? For once we can conclude whether IAF Mig-21 crashes are serious or tolerable, instead of jumping up and down like the ignorant media & masses.

So far only one jf-17 aircraft crashed since it is been flying i.e ~9-10 years ...and that crash too was due to bird hit ...there was nothing like pilot error or technical fault involved

how many f-16s did pak got......just 20
............. .........f-16 has several variants.....................your's variant is not most advanced.......................once a time IAF operates more than 300 mig 21s

lol you really seem to be lacking knowledge of defence,evident from your "just registered" tag added with your above post and even the one before that...just first go and correct your facts then post your generalized ideas or try to argue with some one otherwise you will be the one getting your feather ruffled by other members most of the time

Thats why i always say keep an eye on new entrants ir-respective of their countries because most of the times they are the one spoiling the well going threads and initiate tussles b/w members of hostile countries.

As long as the pilot is safe , I don't give a damn about those flying tin cans.

very sad news.

Q. why does the IAF continue to fly these out-dated birds.?

Inorder to maintain........a healthy no. of a squadrons......
Indeed.....mig-21s are crashing repeatatly....but don't underestimate them..........They r still ALIVE:tup::tup:

Back
Top Bottom