What's new

Haryana cops to drop Persian, Urdu words from FIRs

And you think taking a few words from the FIRs is Indian purification revolution.

Nobody in Haryana including Muslims understands some of the stupid words used in FIR and offices so its better throw such words out to where they belong and use more understandable words.
I disagree. This does sound like a purification process. The words in question have been in use in legal circles for centuries. In fact, it makes it more painful for people trained to write FIRs to change their lexicon. And traditionally, legal and official documents have always been a notch above(or below, the point is that they are not in talking language, because legal terms need definitions and these standard terms already have standard definitions) the local people's tongue.

jama masjid/lala qila/taj mahal are not to be touched,ever.

the muslims built delhi,so they should keep it.

just like how nankana sahib is not to be touched,ever.

These are in India these must be kept by irrespective of Muslim factor :)

i can give you better reasons for removing those words but unfortunatly you Indians are doing it out of bias against urdu/hindi

anyway as far as your reasons for removing it well these are just coverup because FIR's are for court/law proceedings not for general public understanding. The language used in courts/FIRs is for official proceedings . the same is used is used by legel eagles

The court staff in Haryana is also local. The police in Haryana is also mostly local and as I said most don't speak or understand Urdu beyond the few common words they may have heard in Bollywood movies and songs.

Stop looking for a conspiracy theory in everything.

Urdu is an Indian muslim language and still widely spoken is many parts of India particularly U.P and Hyderabad. Haryana just isn't one of those areas.

you realized that those are urdu words after 60 years

Its just to simplify the daily work at police stn and court. I can see why ur *** is burning..

and more over Urdu has nothing to do with Islam/Muslim , Urdu was evolved from Perisan (Language of Parsis) and Hindi (Language of Hindustani). Just because Muslim speak it, it doesn't become Islamic thing. Don't claim what is not your.

Why is Haryana after revisionism suddenly? There are no different Hindi and Urdu languages. Both were the same until zealots came in with their baggage of Sanskrit and Persian respectively. There is no point in changing these words now. They have been in usage for centuries and are not 'confusing' or complex. Muddaiyi is also a word in Telugu, I believe, the root of which is obvious. Good luck with the revisionist exercise.

Muddayi in telugu is because of the usage of persian and urdu in court matters during the nizam rule.Neither is nizam ruling now so why keep that baggage? Why not evolve so people can speak in the language they understand .

Muddayi in telugu is because of the usage of persian and urdu in court matters during the nizam rule.Neither is nizam ruling now so why keep that baggage? Why not evolve so people can speak in the language they understand .
Same reason we don't stop using Latin names in biology. Courts have been using the same terminology for centuries. You can call it baggage or enriching vocabulary depending on the way you see it. There is no need to be ashamed of history. Cleaning out vocabulary does not whitewash what happened.

anyway as far as your reasons for removing it well these are just coverup because FIR's are for court/law proceedings not for general public understanding. The language used in courts/FIRs is for official proceedings . the same is used is used by legel eagles

A Journalist feel this ??

The public is not expected to know what the Police records ??!! How can anyone say this !

Read the 1st Post, The Court has asked the Police to make the change in the interest of the public at large.

I disagree. This does sound like a purification process. The words in question have been in use in legal circles for centuries. In fact, it makes it more painful for people trained to write FIRs to change their lexicon. And traditionally, legal and official documents have always been a notch above(or below, the point is that they are not in talking language, because legal terms need definitions and these standard terms already have standard definitions) the local people's tongue.

The real purification process if you ask me was when politicos decided to change names of Madras to Chennai, Bangalore to Bengaluru, Calcutta to Kolkatta, Bombay to Mumbai. Taking a few words from legal circles in a particular state is nothing in comparison. But at the end of all, I think one good thing is it is Congress govt who is doing this. Had it been a BJP govt Media would have made a big issue out of it.

Urdu is not the dominant language and measures like this further reduce it prevalence, so certainly Urdu in India and Pakistan will change, but it will change far more in India due to added push like this one.

But, I think here. Let's just agree to disagree.

Urdu of Pakistan is diverting towards Punjabi slang.

Shukar Hai Tajmahal Pakistan mein nahi hai nahi to usmay ab tak najaane kitne bomb blast ho gye hote..

agar bharat main dehshatgardi ho rahi hoti to ab tak kuch na bachta.

You are in peace still Taj Mahal was occupied by Hindu militants. we are facing world class terrorism which US failed to fight still we are better than you in many respects.

So dont come up with wrong comparison.

agar bharat main dehshatgardi ho rahi hoti to ab tak kuch na bachta.

You are in peace still Taj Mahal was occupied by Hindu militants. we are facing world class terrorism which US failed to fight still we are better than you in many respects.

So dont come up with wrong comparison.

World Class Terrorism !

Thats a new one .

A Journalist feel this ??

The public is not expected to know what the Police records ??!! How can anyone say this !

Read the 1st Post, The Court has asked the Police to make the change in the interest of the public at large.

yes i feel so. every field has own professional terminologies so has law and courts.
if they are ammendinf these from other language to local then you will have to bring relevent one in local languag.

so what would be a defendant called in telegu?

World Class Terrorism !

Thats a new one .

:D yeh thats when might NATO alliance cant beat them and a single country is still surviving despite this type of terrorism

Back
Top Bottom