What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched it. It is about first test flight of Tejas and composites developed to make it light.
Interesting thing is that just before the first test flight our defense minister george Fernandes received a report which said LCA will crash in its flight but it turned out to be a sucess :yahoo:.

Tejas is referred as multi role light weight fighter jet in that telecast.

i think you're talking about "Inside Out: Defence Research And Development Organisation"? That show called World's Top Five in which they compare 5 different kind of aircraft a UAV, a Transport aircraft, a Civilian Airliner etc base on meny different parameters.

And the interesting part was that our Tejas leading the list :D but yaar maine t.v on kia to lite off ho gyi

but yaar maine t.v on kia to lite off ho gyi

Next time apne tv ko aur apne gaale mein nimboo mirchi bandh ke betna......

:P

Ontopic:-
Tejas leading the point table..:-) ...i would like to know what were the criteria used

LCA_tejas_IAF+_india_4.jpg

In Last few months we at idrw.org have been receiving similar emails from concerned Citizens, asking status and updates on the Lca Tejas Program. Our Previous articles had hinted about the sorry state of affairs on Indigenous aircrafts (HAL is struggling with Indigenous Aircrafts ).

Again Sources are not coming out with much useful information and certainly it seems like some kind of Media Gag has been imposed by developing agencies, all that Sources are saying is “we are looking forward to Fire power demonstration to be held Next year by IAF which will showcase Tejas for the first time”.

Idrw.org have contacted “other sources “which have provided some information on its current status , idrw.org are only putting down information provided by not so regular sources .

* Tejas after Fire power demonstration next year will be cleared for Air to Ground (A2G) Roles only, if IAF is satisfied with the outcomes of the exercise.

* Tejas not yet has cleared Air to Air (A2A) roles yet and aircrafts are currently been getting up-gradation (Radars and avionics and BVR and WVR missiles integrations) on older aircrafts (PV and LSP).

* Tejas once cleared of A2G roles will start A2A testing and it is expected that along with it and other test, FOC will be achieved in 2015.

* Unlikely that in early 2013 SP-1 and SP-2 will be handed over to IAF, Most likely it will be mid or late 2013.

* Flight envelope has been opened up, but nothing to write about says sources, since Target has not been achieved.

* Radar likely to be cleared for A2G mode in current stage.

* HAL might squeeze in first flight of LSP-8 by year end.

* A2G tests have been good and satisfactory as per sources, IAF to take the final call next year.

* Mid-air refuelling testing with IAF’s IL-78 tankers should start next year.

* Slower rate of productions of LSP has created another sets of problem; many aircrafts (LSP) are not identical in terms of Avionics and structural changes (ex, Optimization of APU intakes and different pilot avionics layout in latter variant). Leading to delays in upgrading of older aircrafts with current changes.

idrw.org will post again if we have any other kind of information on it .

Where is LCA

2015 1st full SQD and then take it from there. The IAF has done well wrt other purchases to get to a stage where they really don't need the LCA in great numbers to increase SQD numbers, if nessercary they can simply order more fighters that are already on the books. If the LCA MK2 can deliver what has been speculated wrt advanced avionics,AESA radar etc then the LCA program will have denfitely been a success. All we can do is wait and see.

2015 1st full SQD and then take it from there. The IAF has done well wrt other purchases to get to a stage where they really don't need the LCA in great numbers to increase SQD numbers, if nessercary they can simply order more fighters that are already on the books. If the LCA MK2 can deliver what has been speculated wrt advanced avionics,AESA radar etc then the LCA program will have denfitely been a success. All we can do is wait and see.

Abing, the issue is the we do need LCA, it is a low cost, single engine, 4+ gen a/c which IAF can afford in large nos. All our future inductions will be high costs, 2 engine a/c like Rafale, FGFA, su-30s, which will need more money & more maintenance. Also, LCA can serve as a good platform for future aerospace development in India such as AMCA.

It is heading no where. If they were serious they should have mass produced it by now and replaced radars and missiles later on. Screw it its a failure of Indian plannning and so called third class scientific research instutions. Our entire Air force is imported. Dhruv is 95% imported components. Only 3 countries USA, Russia and CHina can build their own airforce. Rest are just dependent. Accept facts we are sore loosers in aerospace field.

It is heading no where. If they were serious they should have mass produced it by now and replaced radars and missiles later on. Screw it its a failure of Indian plannning and so called third class scientific research instutions. Our entire Air force is imported. Dhruv is 95% imported components. Only 3 countries USA, Russia and CHina can build their own airforce. Rest are just dependent. Accept facts we are sore loosers in aerospace field.

Great, ur this post will get many thanks, but not one of them from an Indian.

Agreed, that we are nowhere as compared to other major powers but atleast we are trying, & that makes all the difference, we have made our navy at least 80% indigenous in 65 years time, all one need is just patience & self confidence, this post of urs, i m afraid, is the completely opposite of that.

Great, ur this post will get many thanks, but not one of them from an Indian.

I am not here to collect thanks. Then you tell me which country took 25 yrs to develop such a tiny 4th gen fighter. Its soo small that even if it does get inducted, I don't find anything to be proud off. Do you??? Will you proudly say in 30 yrs we built a 5 tonne single engined fighter that still cant fire missiles.

Hold your horses, India is getting in the game but it takes a lot of time and even more $$$ so the road isn't easy but it is worth it!
Abing, the issue is the we do need LCA, it is a low cost, single engine, 4+ gen a/c which IAF can afford in large nos. All our future inductions will be high costs, 2 engine a/c like Rafale, FGFA, su-30s, which will need more money & more maintenance. Also, LCA can serve as a good platform for future aerospace development in India such as AMCA.
True, but what I meant was that any gaps in capabilites would be addressed easily. However when the MKI costs ~$14,000 PER flight hour and no doubt the FGFA and Rafale won't be far off this figure the LCA is a requirement in cost terms.

****... It seems IAF is banking on rafale to maintain sqd level. Expect follow on order at later stage.

I am not here to collect thanks. Then you tell me which country took 25 yrs to develop such a tiny 4th gen fighter. Its soo small that even if it does get inducted, I don't find anything to be proud off. Do you??? Will you proudly say in 30 yrs we built a 5 tonne single engined fighter that still cant fire missiles.

nope.

But we can proudly say inspite of being a new nation full of miseries and is still a third world country with domestic issues and worse political and bureaucratic groups messing all through its history on length and breadth of everything the population aspires, your nation still attempted to make a fighter jet which only a few developed technologically advanced nations tried and was successful.

When LCA will be ready...that time it may not be required any more....

cynicism is only applauded or accepted till the point where it has valid facts backing it , what ur doing is just generalizing and defeatist.

im not judging, just saying this frame of though its counterproductive.

if u wana be a cynic try to not generalize . What is the difference between cynisim like this and the telibunnies spreading false hate and propaganda making doctored pictures and taking names.??

Just saying .....:laugh:.

missile fired or not, atleast i would still be proud of LCA b'coz it served at the launch pad for other world class a/c like AMCA or any other future a/c developed by India, look at the eg. of ISRO, which every Indian is proud of, it din't launched PSLV's or GSLV's from day 1 of it's formation, instead it was launching sounding rockets in the late 60s, which served as the platform for future PSLV, GSLV & GSLV mk-3s, no one goes to university/higher education without passing/going to a high school, it's our learning curve, that is the fact which u should accept, if u are thinking that we can make a F-22 from nowhere than i can only say - time to wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom