What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is on AMCA. please see above post. what's your opinion on IAF's specs for AMCA?

As I said, I am against AMCA as well but not for payload limitations like you, but because I don't see a real requirement for and would focus on improving LCA + developing AURA UCAV instead!

AMCA specs are not really known, let alone fixed yet. They first wanted just a secondary fighter for strikes mainly, then IAF said they want a fully multi role fighter, without compromises and in the last reports they even said it will be more advanced than FGFA. :hitwall: The same oversetimations that we saw at LCA and that caused the problems and delays!

I dont think currently LCA can carry 3 fuel tanks that too of 1200l .. because each 1200l is approximately 1 tonne... 3 fuel tank means 3 tonne but at present it can carry only 2800 kg of external payload.. so an mission will be 2 fuel tanks with two short range missile and bombs.. or 4 long range missile...

so the need in MK2 should be more internal fuel.. approximately 1500l increase... seeing the increase in size i think it is possible.. and one 1500l tank in the center pylon... which should be more than enough for any mission....

by this LCA can carry more bombs and missile.... hoping that MTOW is 18 tonne..

this configuration will be achievable one.. as the weight can be increased by 4 tonne.. so dual launchers with derby of 8 missile with 2 tonne of bombs is possible..

a deadly combination...

Sorry my fault, the centerline station can carry only 725/800l (depending on source) fuel tanks because of the space limitations between the gears, but the payload according the specs from Aero India is 3500Kg.

I see lot of LCA night flights and dronir flying around b'lor at nights.

As I said, I am against AMCA as well but not for payload limitations like you, but because I don't see a real requirement for and would focus on improving LCA + developing AURA UCAV instead!

AMCA specs are not really known, let alone fixed yet. They first wanted just a secondary fighter for strikes mainly, then IAF said they want a fully multi role fighter, without compromises and in the last reports they even said it will be more advanced than FGFA. :hitwall: The same oversetimations that we saw at LCA and that caused the problems and delays!

If IAF had estimated their requirements properly, we wouldn't be wasting so much time on re-designing LCA-MkI upto Mk-II.

I think India should take a lesson from China here, and focus on domestic R&D rather than going after MRCA which will bring no ToT other than licenses for joining up puzzle pieces imported from europe.

China invests far more as % of their GDP in local R&D.

If you look at 2025-2030 timeframe, India will endup depending on europeans or Russians for all of IAF's requirements, if it doesn't initiate AMCA now. IAF is doing a mistake by asking for LCA-MkII and wasting valuable resources on such outdated 3Ton-class platform(from 2025+ perspective).

Instead, its perfect time to focus on AMCA with all resources on it, so that IAF gets atleast 8Ton+(let's hope they revise) class stealth fighter in 2025-2030 timeframe, ready for induction.

If we look at LCA's development(1989-2011'IOC), its pretty impressive and with 20hours+ successful flights of Kaveri, I am sure DRDO will beat all cynics and will deliver AMCA even before 2025.

I see lot of LCA night flights and dronir flying around b'lor at nights.

According to paanwala, DRDO has been asked to speed up FOC by Dec'2012, GoI has given green signal to AMCA. So the reason of so much speed-up.

lca-tejas-7.jpg

Photo taken: August' 2009. :smitten:

If you look at 2025-2030 timeframe, India will endup depending on europeans or Russians for all of IAF's requirements, if it doesn't initiate AMCA now. IAF is doing a mistake by asking for LCA-MkII and wasting valuable resources on such outdated 3Ton-class platform(from 2025+ perspective).

Instead, its perfect time to focus on AMCA with all resources on it, so that IAF gets atleast 8Ton+(let's hope they revise) class stealth fighter in 2025-2030 timeframe, ready for induction.

If we look at LCA's development(1989-2011'IOC), its pretty impressive and with 20hours+ successful flights of Kaveri, I am sure DRDO will beat all cynics and will deliver AMCA even before 2025.

Actually work AMCA is started.. Initial studies are done... there is a change request from IAF on full stealth and multi role capabilities... lot of work is already going on....

To say LCA -MK2 will carry some of the technologies of AMCA.... while AMCA might have the updated version of the technologies on LCA-MK2... and there are six labs of DRDO which are already doing some research on stealth.. one such research has lead to LCH.... which is a very stealth looking copter... i am not sure whether there is any step to reduce the noise of the engine and blade to make it all aspect stealth...

LCA-MK2 is a very potent one.. and it is indeed to give some priority for the technologies that can go into LCA-MK2... MK-2 already comes into the circle of multi role.....

Actually work AMCA is started.. Initial studies are done... there is a change request from IAF on full stealth and multi role capabilities... lot of work is already going on....

To say LCA -MK2 will carry some of the technologies of AMCA.... while AMCA might have the updated version of the technologies on LCA-MK2... and there are six labs of DRDO which are already doing some research on stealth.. one such research has lead to LCH.... which is a very stealth looking copter... i am not sure whether there is any step to reduce the noise of the engine and blade to make it all aspect stealth...

LCA-MK2 is a very potent one.. and it is indeed to give some priority for the technologies that can go into LCA-MK2... MK-2 already comes into the circle of multi role.....

Good, Great job by Antony... I hope He continue Indian Def Min... Even if BJP comes to power....

If IAF had estimated their requirements properly, we wouldn't be wasting so much time on re-designing LCA-MkI upto Mk-II.

I think India should take a lesson from China here, and focus on domestic R&D rather than going after MRCA which will bring no ToT other than licenses for joining up puzzle pieces imported from europe.

China invests far more as % of their GDP in local R&D.

That's wrong, because it's normal than a fighter platform evolve in terms of payload and hardpoints and don't come fully capable from the start, although IAF wants it like that.
Also China is spending more in local R&D because they have no other options! The can't form JV, or co-developments like we can, they can't buy western fighters like we can. We have these advantages and should used them more at the initial stages of LCA, then it would be ready and inducted by now.

Also China is spending more in local R&D because they have no other options! The can't form JV, or co-developments like we can, they can't buy western fighters like we can. We have these advantages and should used them more at the initial stages of LCA, then it would be ready and inducted by now.

Wrong. They don't need options actually. Chinese are neither complacent nor they like to depend on western advisors like those running IAF, Army. We should stop blaming China and actually take a lesson from them.

Security doesn't come by inducting foreign fighters & bragging about it. Saudis are doing better if induction alone is measure of security, so where they ended up?

Wrong. They don't need options actually. Chinese are neither complacent nor they like to depend on western advisors like those running IAF, Army.

That's not correct, but if I point out why it would lead to silly flame games, completelly off topic. What we need is to learn as much as possible, as fast as possible and we can do it ony with partnerships and indigenous developments combined, otherwise we will never catch up and LCA (as a program, not as a fighter) is the perfect example how things could go wrong, when you want to do everythin alone.

That's not correct, but if I point out why it would lead to silly flame games, completelly off topic. What we need is to learn as much as possible, as fast as possible and we can do it ony with partnerships and indigenous developments combined, otherwise we will never catch up and LCA (as a program, not as a fighter) is the perfect example how things could go wrong, when you want to do everythin alone.

That's because you don't have anything to defend your argument.

By the way, I don't think going alone in LCA was a mistake. Actually, thats what we need to do more. If DRDO has achieved IOC for LCA in just 21 years(1989-2011) under sanctions, then its better than european countries who had latest technology base. Even Eurofighter and Rafales lag so much compared to LCA programme.

Going alone approach is what brings innovaton. JV only brings foreign dependencies. FGFA is not ideal but its happening because we don't have political leadership who shows faith in native talent, like that in China.

Same goes with MRCA. Its waste of money. Better dump it and save money for AMCA, FGFA, N-AMCA and future engine research within India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom