What's new

Four Britons plotted to bomb British army base using toy car.

............... just as I am loyal to both my original and adopted countries?

Thank you for saying that it is indeed possible to achieve that balance. :D
Only when not supporting the immoral, unethical and illegal policies of one nation or the other, and I am referring to your support of US foreign and military policies with respect to Pakistan.

That certainly could lead to some very confused and troubled souls, if the children were not able to make sense of the two wildly different cultures they were being subjected to .... but even then individual traits/experiences/development would play a role in how any particular child/adult turns out ...

Exactly correct!

These are confused and troubled souls caught between two different worlds and being misguided by those who would use them to drive their own ulterior agendas. Hence the solution lies across both the two worlds, not just one or the other.

I don't care who they associate with, the fact of the matter is that if they were born and raised in the UK, the British society and system is what shaped them, not Pakistan or Pakistani society.

I disagree. Its not British Society, its an insular little Pakistan of the most conservative mindset that they have created in England which has shaped them. And when they interact with the society en-large they can't handle it and they go bazerk.

They keep marrying their cousins by importing them from Pakistan and they in turn sponsor other illiterate relatives to come to England, etc. and the cycle continues. Not only do they import those people but their backward mindset.

People in USA and Canada came here on point systems because they had to speak english, be educated, and have the means to support one selves. And that is why Pakistanis in Canada and USA are thriving while in England they are failing.

So its not surprising to see these kinds of acts committed by British Pakistanis. Educated people cannot be easily convinced by extremist religious ideology.

Even if I was put in a room with 10 Extremist mullahs who tried night and day to convince me to commit a terrorist act, I would never ever do it. Even if they told me stories about Heaven and Virgins, etc.

Put an un-educated person in the same room, he will be convinced in 5 minutes.

Thats the difference.

............... US foreign and military policies with respect to Pakistan.

To be honest, US foreign and military policies are global and cannot be understood properly with such a limited focus as you are suggesting.

Actually the British push moderate Muslims towards extremism by being hostile towards their faith.

They keep marrying their cousins by importing them from Pakistan and they in turn sponsor other illiterate relatives to come to England, etc. and the cycle continues. Not only do they import those people but their backward mindset.

That's gross generalisation...

Actually the British push moderate Muslims towards extremism by being hostile towards their faith.

Doesnt USA and the West in general do the same too?

Then why is it the headline is always of a British Pakistani involved in a terrorist plot?

To be honest, US foreign and military policies are global and cannot be understood properly with such a limited focus as you are suggesting.
I am referring to the direct (overwhelmingly negative) impact upon Pakistan arising out of the US pursuit of those immoral, unethical and illegal policies, and your continued support for them.

I am referring to the direct (overwhelmingly negative) impact upon Pakistan arising out of the US pursuit of those immoral, unethical and illegal policies, and your continued support for them.

Oddly enough Pakistanis don't face any backlash here in the US.

I am sure we can discuss that elsewhere without taking this thread off topic.

==================================================

Young muslim males of South Asian ancestry in UK run the highest risk of religious radicalization than any other comparable demographic in the world, as the topic of this thread shows.

Why exactly is that is a matter of great importance, as the discussion until now shows.

British Pakistanis have the worst poverty rate in England after the British Bangladeshis]

Education does not necessarily get you a nice job; you need a good degree for that. Hence why I asked whether your meaning of 'educated' is having a degree.

Never met anyone in the US, that was hostile. Even if there is one, there are ten others to label person ignorant.

I do live in NYC, and it is pretty multicultural here.

Good for you.

Tu wahid lanti hai, jo apnay mulak key loko ki besti ki koshish karta hain.

They are not my people. They need to get their act together and behave like good citizens. Pakistanis in Canada and USA don't behave like British Pakistanis. The difference is education.

Education does not necessarily get you a nice job; you need a good degree for that. Hence why I asked whether your meaning of 'educated' is having a degree.

Getting an education exposes you to different people and ideas and thus gives you a diverse opinion on various subject matters.

Educated means having at least a high school diploma and being able to perform basic skill set and trades.

If they accomplished a scientific achievement, they would be British, so if they plan to do something negative, they become Pakistani all of a sudden?

Back
Top Bottom