What's new

Four Britons plotted to bomb British army base using toy car.

Good for you.

They are not my people. They need to get their act together and behave like good citizens. Pakistanis in Canada and USA don't behave like British Pakistanis. The difference is education.

Getting an education exposes you to different people and ideas and thus gives you a diverse opinion on various subject matters.

Educated means having at least a high school diploma and being able to perform basic skill set and trades.

All of the education in the world cannot teach you any manners.

It reminds of a saying.

Jahil hona, paray likhay jahil say behtar hota hain.

Educated means having at least a high school diploma and being able to perform basic skill set and trades.

Which is basically passing GCSEs at the end of high school in the UK. Well, if that's 'educated' for you, then most Pakistanis here are educated...

If they accomplished a scientific achievement, they would be British, so if they plan to do something negative, they become Pakistani all of a sudden?

Not really; it's just Indian media juicy-fying the story :disagree:

Which is basically passing GCSEs at the end of high school in the UK. Well, if that's 'educated' for you, then most Pakistanis here are educated...

He's on some dumb **** bro. I'm attending NYU, and many Pakistanis do well here. I'm sure many Pakistanis are doing well in the UK as well.

Aryan,

If an individual consciously chooses to remain in touch with his culture and country, regardless of where he was born, then that does not fall in the same category as someone who was born and raised abroad, and then one day in his teens/twenties sees some extremist video and decides to go blow someone up in the name of Islam.

Sorry I think I have added later in my post a completely rational explanation where this fanaticism originates from. You will be hard pressed to find a more rational explanation of it. It amazes me that Saudi propagating mosques are allowed even today in the UK when the authorities know what has happened.

Did I hurt your feelings by destroying your arguments? :D

Then you haven't been to the UK.

But I forgot who I was talking to. :D

Keep living in your fantasy world.

Then all is well with British Pakistanis. :rofl:

Your comments or personal attacks on forum members are not appreciated. Your limited education and or intellectual prowess inhibits serious discussion

Just for the records:

British Pakistanis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But they do change by the year.

I reckon you could say if the trend continues they will surpass others lol

How about their own home maintaining its generations old outlook and the local masjid drawing inspiration from elsewhere, especially if kept walled away from British society at large, with no fruitful interaction or assimilation? What would you say their role could be in this?

That's just it mate the ones that go to to the local masjid like me and SK are fine. Why do not Americans govt and Brit govt take action against their Saudi allies?? Those that are paying for the propagation of this harsh form of Islam all over the world to some degree or the other. Why do we not hear in western press that these people have been indoctrinated by Saudi money. Why blame Pakistanis or Pakistan??

Your comments or personal attacks on forum members are not appreciated. Your limited education and or intellectual prowess inhibits serious discussion

Its not personal attacks its observations. Please elaborate what limited education? I have just posted two studies which proves my point that British Pakistanis have a 40% drop out rate in British High school, second highest after Bangladeshis.

Atleast have the guts to acknowledge there is a serious problem among British Pakistanis.

As for my education, I have Two Degrees, currently doing my MBA and working as a Software Consultant.

I have made my point and I am done with this thread.

Good day.

Please elaborate what limited education? I have just posted two studies which proves my point that British Pakistanis have a 40% drop out rate in British High school, second highest after Bangladeshis

Lol, except for the fact that one just can't drop out of high school when he wants it; unlike in the US and Canada, High School is compulsory here in the UK.

I tend to agree with Mercenary. An educated person is far less prone to extremism than otherwise. It is much easier to convince an emotional and less-educated person to blow himself up than it is for an educated person.

you are splitting hairs here...either they fail their courses or they drop out or don't go and start assisting their father's fish and chip shop....

1) They can fail the courses; but I've provided the link before to that. In the UK, you need a good degree to have a good job; just being "educated" doesn't cut it.
2) You can't drop out. High School is compulsory here, unlike where you live
3) Again; High School is compulsory; hence 'don't go to school' is no option

1) They can fail the courses; but I've provided the link before to that. In the UK, you need a good degree to have a good job; just being "educated" doesn't cut it.
2) You can't drop out. High School is compulsory here, unlike where you live
3) Again; High School is compulsory; hence 'don't go to school' is no option

Then why, in your opinion, so many muslims (of which a large % are pakistani people) are attracted to extremism? You are living in UK, surely you can tell.

As I see it, the problem lies in Education. Education is not only passing high school but it has to come from within.

:rofl:

British Pakistanis have the worst poverty rate in England after the British Bangladeshis.

They are also the least educated minority group after the Bangladeshis.

Enjoy reading this

http://www.jrf.org.uk/sites/files/jrf/2042-ethnicity-relative-poverty.pdf

http://www.let.osaka-u.ac.jp/seiyousi/vol_4/pdf/vol_4_article04.pdf

this speaks volumes for your mind set. Why is it funny or a joy to see people of Pakistani origin not doing well?

Dont forget the poverty one imo is not accurate. A higher percentage of Pakistanis are engaged as self employed. They are not taxed at source. I think it was Winston Churchill who said its every Englishman duty to avoid paying tax.
Simply it is possible to show lower earnings by effective tax planning

I see Aryan_B been busy...

I suppose you have in your London job too

Then why, in your opinion, so many muslims (of which a large % are pakistani people) are attracted to extremism? You are living in UK, surely you can tell.

As I see it, the problem lies in Education. Education is not only passing high school but it has to come from within.

On the whole, there is little reason for optimism that a reduction in poverty or
increase in educational attainment will lead to a meaningful reduction in the
amount of international terrorism, without other changes

am going to bed but read this if you are interested. Btw were those Saudis involved in twin towers attack not graduates??

http://www.krueger.princeton.edu/terrorism2.pdf

On the whole, there is little reason for optimism that a reduction in poverty or
increase in educational attainment will lead to a meaningful reduction in the
amount of international terrorism, without other changes

am going to bed but read this if you are interested. Btw were those Saudis involved in twin towers attack not graduates??

http://w[B][I][/I][/B]ww.krueger.princeton.edu/terrorism2.pdf

Yes, that is why I said education has to come from within. I think it is the ability to critically reason any argument which puts an individual above others.

Without the ability to see the critical side of anything, no matter what degrees they have, people become very suggestive. They become very prone to wahabi propaganda that they will go to heaven for suicide bombing, etc.

Thank you for the article, reading it

Back
Top Bottom