What's new

FC-20 needs a partner!

Please read up on the IRBIS radar on any website you choose to. Except maybe Brasstacks... Lol. I hope you will find it impressive.

ok here is what I got

Description: The Irbis, also known as Irbis-E, is an advanced X-band multi-mode phased array radar system developed by Tikhomirov NIIP for the Su-35 multi-purpose fighter aircraft. NIIP developed the new radar based on the Bars radar system provided to Su-30MKI/MKM/MKA aircraft. Its development started in 2004 and the first radar prototype entered flight tests onboard an Su-30MK2 aircraft acting as a test bed in early 2007. The resulting radar system will provide air-to-air, air-to-sea and air-to-ground (ground mapping, Doppler beam sharpening and Synthetic Aperture radar modes) modes with improved performance in intense clutter environments compared to Bars. In addition, Irbis has been designed to detect low- and super-low-observable/stealth airborne threats.

The Irbis multifunctional radar employs a 900mm passive phased array antenna mounted on a hydraulic actuator. With electronically steering, it can scan sectors of 60 degrees in both azimuth and elevation. Using the hydraulic actuator (mechanical steering), the azimuth coverage boosts to 120 degrees. It can detect and track up to 30 airborne targets with a Radar Cross Section (RCS) of three square meters at ranges of 400 kilometers using track-while-scan mode while engaging two targets with semi-active radar homing missiles or up to eight targets with active radar homing missiles. In the air-to-surface mode the Irbis provides clues allowing to attack a surface target with precision-guided weapons while scanning the horizon searching for airborne threats that can be engaged using active radar homing missiles.

Tikhomirov NIIP has provided the ability to spot super-low-observable targets with RCS = 0.01 square meters at ranges out to 90 kilometers. This capability might allow Su-35 aircraft to engage cruise missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles as well as fifth generation stealth fighter aircrafts such as the F/A-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning II. NIIP and GRPZ will take care of the Irbis production with the first radar system slated for installation on the Su-35 in August 2007.

Specifications
Dimensions: Antenna Diameter 900 mm

Performance: Azimuth Coverage 120 ° with both mechanical and electronically steering, Coverage in Elevation 60 °, Max Detection Range 400 km (216 nm) target RCS = 3 sqm, Max Engagement Range 150 km (81 nm), Small Air Target Detection Range 90 km (49 nm) target RCS = 0.01 sqm

Other: Engaged Aerial Targets 8 with RVV-AE missiles or two with semi-active guidance missiles, Tracked Aerial Targets 30

I hope Sir Gambit would better explain this

Irbis / Irbis-E

I hope Sir Gambit would better explain this

indo-russian-pak-fa-fgfa

Gents...Please read the very crucial condition for this anti-stealth L-band AESA radar to work...Also look at the chart that said 'Detection range in nautical miles, RCS in square metres.' and note the same co-altitude condition. This chart supposedly shows the distance versus detectibility based upon known RCS values. The F-35's RCS is on the extreme right. Now look at that distance. For all transmissions, those colorful lines, the F-35 is detected at less than 10nm and AT THE SAME ALTITUDE...!!!

So what the Russians are telling gullible buyers of their junks is that you can detect the F-35 provided the enemy F-35 is less than 10nm away from you in a head-on engagement and that he is on the same altitude as you are. You -- the reader -- do not need to be a pilot in order to see the absurdity of this sales pitch. Ten nm is well within range of the F-35's air-air missile and what are the odds that he will be in a head-on aspect as well as the same altitude?

I have a great deal of respect for Kopp...But sometimes..:disagree: .Aaarrrrgghhh...!!!

ohhh for **** sake for once try to stick with the subject without involving mine is bigger then yours BS!

Last edited:
ohhh for **** sake for once try to stick with the subject without involving mine is bigger then yours!

D & HN, Growler! SIR,:smitten:
WELL , can we go for something other thn , RAFEALE & J11bs , rather, in your opinion, anything different from both of them?:)

b2ef2efe76f07e45e843b2a41137fd27.jpg

6df8d08b81144bc76feac70b8953bb5b.jpg

I am pretty sure, they wont let us see the face of that bird for atleast another 2-3 decades, by which time, it will have become useless to us anyways.

Sir i agree with you on this point , but i think it is not wise enough to Degrade yourself and think this way.

what i have to say about it is , F-35's will depend on our Forigen Policy , which is not really good at the moment , but i am optimistic that it will change in future .

As far as F-35 is concerned i have been reading articles in Australian news papers about its Failure in Dogfight simulations when put against Russian and Chinese 4.5 gen Fighters.

They also talked about its engine problems which maybe get solved soon.

I think for 5th gen fleet we should Go to China :china: for JXX.

As i can think of a partner for FC20 , I would say Turkish F16's with upgrades would be a good option if available & also we should look for UAE Mirage 2000-9's which are being replaced any time soon so is the F-16 fleet of the TAF.
100 F16's ( x TAF if available) + our own F16's = 160 or so
250 JF 17's
36 FC 20's
All Equiped with BVR's and AWACS backed!
Would be a lethal punch until a 5th gen Fighter kicks in:pakistan:

The need would be still there to Get our JF17 more muture , and raise it up higher to its Class.

Regards::smitten:
Regards:

As far as F-35 is concerned i have been reading articles in Australian news papers about its Failure in Dogfight simulations when put against Russian and Chinese 4.5 gen Fighters.
You wont believe how much bias anti F-35 reports are being played in Australia just to convenes their government to persuade US government to sell F-22s. Get use to such tactics. USAF lost on purpose in cope-india exercises to convenes the government that F-15 and F-16s are really old and crapy planes now and need to be replaced with next generation fighters.

100 F16's ( x TAF if available) + our own F16's = 160 or so
What the heck is going on here. :sick::cry:

Back
Top Bottom