What's new

Fauzia Wahab passed away

I recently posted a 'Capital Talk' show video here about 'Port Grand'; it was the first time I saw Ms. Wahab speak. She appeared like an articulate, intelligent and even patriotic Pakistan.
Those who are celebrating here and wishing death for more ought to be ashamed of themselves. I have not seen Ms. Wahab being personally implicated in corruption charges. The current CM of Sindh is untainted, educated, AND from the middle classes. So we should wish death upon Qaim Ali Shah as well? I am sick of this govt's incompetence and am going to vote for Imran Khan. But I don't want to stoop to the level of these ignorant and hateful Pakistanis here.
Shame on you guys! You bring not only shame to yourself but to Pakistan as well.

Here is Ms. Wahab's video again. RIP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan Peoples Party’s central leader and veteran politician of her age, Fauzia Wahab passed away on Sunday after remaining under treatment at a local hospital for three weeks.
Fauzia Wahab, 56, had undergone a gallbladder surgery at a local hospital but suffered serious post-operative complications, which proved fatal for the veteran politician.
Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) MNA and Information Secretary Fauzia Wahab was in coma at Orthopedic and Medical Institute (OMI), in Karachi. On Saturday, she was admitted into the Intensive Care Unit of a private hospital. On Sunday her condition became critical and she was on ventilator and around 08:00pm she expired.
PPP leader Waqar Mehdi confirmed that Fauzia Wahab was no more. She had been hospitalized since May 24.
Mehdi said that her funeral prayers would be offered at Mubarak Mosque in
Defence Phase-4
, Karachi, after Zuhr prayers on Monday.
The PPP has announced 10-day mourning on the tragic demise of its senior leader.
President Asif Ali Zardari also showed his concerns on the PPP leader’s death. Muttaihida Qaumi Movement (MQM) leader Babar Ghouri said that negligence of doctors resulted in Wahab’s death.
PPP leader Sharmila Farooqi said that investigations of Wahab’s death should be made.
Pakistan Muslim League-N President, Nawaz Sharif, expressed grief on Fauzia Wahab's death and prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul.
MQM chief Altaf Hussain, PML-N Khawaja Saad Rafiq, Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain, Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi, Chaudhry Wajahat Hussain of PML-Q, Rehman Malik, Raza Haroon, Babar Awan, Zahid Khan of ANP, Agha Siraj Durrani, Ayaz Soomro, Manzoor Wasan, Mazhar Magsi and other politicians expressed profound grief at Fauzia Wahab’s demise. She was a member of National Assembly from Sindh returned on a reserved seat for women after the February 18, 2008 general elections. Fauzia Wahab was appointed as the new central Information Secretary of the Pakistan Peoples Party in place of Sherry Rehman on March 18, 2009.

Personal Life: She was the eldest of four children. She got married in 1978 with Wahab Siddiqui, a journalist and TV anchorman in political talk shows in later years on Pakistan Television. Wahab had four children. Fauzia Wahab acted in Haseena Moin's drama serial 'Kohar' aired in 1991-92. In February 1993, Wahab Siddiqui died of a massive heart attack and her life took a new turn. She then re-married prominent cardiologist Dr Athar Hussein.

Political career: In 1994, the then Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto nominated Fauzia Wahab to become the Information Secretary of women's wing of the PPP in Sindh, a position Fauzia held till early 2002. After the dissolution of the PPP government in November 1996, general elections were held in February 1997 in which she was nominated to contest the elections on NA-193, as a PPP candidate. The PPP lost the elections and was confined to the opposition benches in the subsequent National Assembly.
A great leader passes away, one of the best Pakistan had. :pakistan:

And then

and then

and then

May Allah have mercy on her, and may Dr Firdos soon join her.

She was a friend of humanity, may Allah grant her entry into Jannat-e-Firdous
Yes she was Good woman unlike other Parliamentarians.
I have no hope from Imran khan and PMLN to eliminate Hudood Ordinance as well as Blasphemy law.

Yes she was Good woman unlike other Parliamentarians.
I have no hope from Imran khan and PMLN to eliminate Hudood Ordinance as well as Blasphemy law.
That is a lie you are spreading about the great leader and woman

And those videos prove nothing, genius is often disrespectful, what a ladY!

And some people say MQM is not a lapdog of PPP. :disagree:

That is a lie you are spreading about the great leader and woman

And those videos prove nothing, genius is often disrespectful, what a ladY!
Sir where i disrespected her??
I am saying that yes she was ambassador of woman.
I also dislike to implement Hudood Ordinance as well as Blasphemy in our country.
My village is in Gojra Chak No 298 JB.

When Gojra incident happened i was in Gojra.
I heard hate speeches from Mosques against christian and to attack Christians.
Muslims including Children attacked on christian and burnt their houses.
Yes these were children and villagers who were in procession after the hate speeches of Mullahs.

No police came at time, they were just watching.
These Christian and their children were tortured in every street by the Muslims.
Yes

I saw with my live eyes small children and Muslims were with sticks to attack poor christian houses.
I can't stop or intervene because their eyes were red and they were there to kill christian.

More worse thing is that
Shahbaz Bhatti who was the only christian politician in National assemly, He was also killed by terrorist.

Shahbaz Bhatti - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most more worse is that Governor Punjab was also killed by terrorist. Lawyers community distributed sweets.
Governor Punjab was with the poor christian girl in jail who was victim of Blasphemy law.
This governor also spoke against the law and he was killed.

Christian people, Ahmadi and some other minorities are living in fear life.

Yes because of Blasphemy law.
After the incident and international pressure, They were transferred into modern colony and some good construction work in Gojra for christian.
We need people like Fouzia wahab and Shahbaz Bhatti to work for human right

Right now there is no respect for minorities.
Fauzia wahab was brave woman and she raised voice against injustice and for minorities.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom