What's new

FATA Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i had to jump in :)

Ok guys
There is secterian violence to some extend as RR said but what exactly is the sitution we need to understand the culture there.

Parachinar is no doubt dominated by Shias and Sunnis are in minority there.

The two community mostly live in harmony the problem starts when some outside force and hidden hands ignite an incident that is followed by violence indeed getting a secterian color no doubt.

NOw what exactly is puting fuel to fire is not Only the Secterian factor

Its rather an Intra-Tribal clash
There are mainly two Tirbes
1. Turi (Toori) Tribe
they are Sunnis

2. Bangash Tribe
they are Shias.

Now its more of a clash between tribes both are pashto speaking the Shias are with Pashto accent that of Afghanistan or to resemble with that of Pashto spoken in Balochistan.
While Tooris though too have some flavour of the same accent but mainly its more close to that spoken in most of the tribal agencies of NWFP but slightly different.

Now if you had closley followed such intra-tribal clashes are always harsh even if the tribes are from same sect. that is the intensity of tribal rivalries.

Its not like that in Parachinar AM,

I am only waiting for webby to tell me how can i show you people this video :undecided: or the pics if allowed for public viewing!

Why not P2bP?

Since both groups appear to be religious, it doesn't make sense that one would paint those slurs. It seems far more likely that someone looking to instigate violence did this, and the events I mentioned show that "Muslims" are not beyond such depravity.

Your video will only show the slurs though, it doesn't prove culpability of one side or the other, correct?

Why not P2bP?

Since both groups appear to be religious, it doesn't make sense that one would paint those slurs. It seems far more likely that someone looking to instigate violence did this, and the events I mentioned show that "Muslims" are not beyond such depravity.

Your video will only show the slurs though, it doesn't prove culpability of one side or the other, correct?

Thats what i said adding fuel to fire

cant u understand that some elements are trying to add to the fire by such things that too if you guys have followed its just ahead of Muharram

anyway if you guys give me some room i should post a fresh report from today

I suspected as much.

There is no place for this sectarian hatred on this forum.

AM their is noting like sectarian hatered on the forum and in my heart.

I respect all the sects and believe that only Allah is best judge. Its not about hatered what i mentioned in the last post but the truth that the brutalities done in Parachinar will be paid by Shias... This is not hatered but justice !

Only few of the pictures taken from the video... Its making me angry that i can not share the video with all of you ! :tsk:

AM their is noting like sectarian hatered on the forum and in my heart.

I respect all the sects and believe that only Allah is best judge. Its not about hatered what i mentioned in the last post but the truth that the brutalities done in Parachinar will be paid by Shias... This is not hatered but justice !

Have you not read Jana's post? The people in the Tribal belt do not play around with pen pistols you know. Why are you so eager to dispense "justice" when you have no idea of what exactly happened? You are basing everything on this video, which shows damage, but how can you be sure that there isn't equal damage on the Shia side?

Did you see the minarets of the LM after the siege? Even worse condition, but what is to be expected if people are going to shoot from them? Of course they will be attacked. Now should the Army be punished for destroying structures they were coming under attack from?

There is no conclusive evidence of what happened, but are all to willing to believe the account that paints "your side" (Sunni I guess) as the victims, and then you argue in favor of committing more atrocities just so "justice is delivered". Muhammed (PBUH) would be turning in his grave at what you advocate.

The only "justice" is for people to stop fighting, and normalcy to return - beyond that, perhaps a move away from the Tribal system by integration into mainstream Pakistan and disarming of both sides.

P.S: If you cannot upload the entire video, post what you think are the worst images from the video. So far there is nothing out of the ordinary in the images you have posted - nothing that justifies your idea of "justice" anyway.

Jana ji,

Please post your report from today. My apologies for holding it up.

Agno i think i had to start from begining and i tell you this i am not commenting from any News but from First hand Information and that too from the Shia source on the very first day when it was started.

Now the clash started much before Eid

It was Thursday evening when a person from Sunni Side was found dead (killed by some unknown person)

The very next day i.e Friday a Grenad was exploded in Parachinar Bazaar that led to killing of more Sunnis and guess what ??

After that blast some unknown people (they were even reproted by the shias as non-residents) stopped public transport vans and after drawing out the passangers killed them.

Now all this is very planned if you try to understand that.
Both the sides were blaming each other for getting support from their supporters.
The shias claimed the rival tribe is being supported by elements from other agencies

while the Sunnis claimed that the rival tribe is getting support from elements from Afghanistan.

Another intresting thing which came to surface was the FC officer, deployed in Parachinar ( he is a Shia) and most of the killing of Sunnis were due to his support to his shia tribe as per sunnis.

The sunni representatives while addressing press conference at Peshawar Press Club several times Demanded deployment of regular army to halt the clashes.
After that when regualr army took control of the area, killings witnessed a sharp decrease.

Now the sunni side just yeasterday in a press conference has demanded perminent deployment of Regular Army in the area.

And i think its time we should delpoy the Regular army there on perminent basis not for this clash but for countering and kulling all those Anti-Pakistan elements and our enemy from exploiting this situation anymore.

Rest Assured, this time Shias are going to get hurt pretty bad and the balance will be made in favour of Sunnis when the violence is over!

Not like that is a good thing for Pakistan or Muslims (and I say this being a Sunni). Utterly disgusting that these folks have been poisoned so much against each other that each side is trying to eliminate the other entirely from specific areas of Pakistan.

UN reports on tribesmen’s repatriation rejected

PESHAWAR: Pakistan Muslim League (N), FATA chapter Wednesday turned down the United Nation's report on repatriation of tribesmen from the Kurram Agency.
"The situation in Kurram Agency is returning to normalcy and the two parties have agreed for restoration of peace in the area," said Syed Wali Shah Afridi while talking to a delegation of Kurram Agency led by Alhaj Khawas Gul.
He said that a few elements through a pre-planed conspiracy have turned the peaceful atmosphere of Kurram Agency into deteriorating situation. The PML-N leader said that the two rival groups have reached a consensus for maintaining peace in the area.
He rejected the reports of repatriation of thousands of people from the agency to neighbouring Afghanistan and termed such reports baseless.

UN reports on tribesmen’s repatriation rejected

PESHAWAR: Pakistan Muslim League (N), FATA chapter Wednesday turned down the United Nation's report on repatriation of tribesmen from the Kurram Agency.
"The situation in Kurram Agency is returning to normalcy and the two parties have agreed for restoration of peace in the area," said Syed Wali Shah Afridi while talking to a delegation of Kurram Agency led by Alhaj Khawas Gul.
He said that a few elements through a pre-planed conspiracy have turned the peaceful atmosphere of Kurram Agency into deteriorating situation. The PML-N leader said that the two rival groups have reached a consensus for maintaining peace in the area.
He rejected the reports of repatriation of thousands of people from the agency to neighbouring Afghanistan and termed such reports baseless.

that's good to know hope it stays peaceful

Armed tribesmen assemble to hunt down killers of eight peace committee elders

WANA, Pakistan, Jan 9 (AFP) - Thousands of armed tribesmen met at Wana in Pakistan’s South Waziristan tribal area bordering Afghanistan Wednesday vowing to organise a lashkar (legion) to hunt down Al-Qaeda-linked militants blamed for killing eight of their elder kinsmen. The tribal jirga (council) came three days after militants stormed two offices and killed eight tribal elders of a government-sponsored peace committee. “One man from each house should come to Wana with a gun at 10:00 am (0500 GMT) on Thursday to plan our defence and act against those who are responsible for disorder,” tribal chief Malik Ghaffar told the gathering. Wazir tribe chief Maulvi Nazir, who earned fame after he drove out hundreds of Uzbeks from the region last year in bloody clashes, is expected to address the lashkar on Thursday. He did not turn up at Wednesday's meeting but had earlier blamed Baitullah Mehsud, a top Al-Qaeda commander and leader of the rival Mehsud tribe, for the killing of the peace committee members. Residents have reported that announcements have been made on public address system asking Mehsud tribesmen to “leave Wana to avoid losses.” Baitullah is accused by the government of masterminding a spate of suicide attacks in the country, including the December 27 assassination of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto in a gun and suicide bomb attack in Rawalpindi. Local sources told AFP his tribe was preparing a jirga to negotiate with the Wazir tribe to avoid confrontation. (Posted @ 15:55 PST)
- DAWN - Latest Stories; January 09, 2008

Agnostic,

In this area where there are these trouble, is the area with one tribe (for the want of a better word) or are there many tribes? And are they of the same sect of Islam?

If these laskars operate, will they be in conflict with any other people (except the terrorists, that is)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom