What's new

FATA Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait till you see what happened in Parachinar....

A jirga has reached the area and a truce is likely to be enforced.

I am in process of loading some video footage recieved from Parachinar Itself and i am shocked to see the brutality in it. Shia sunnis where involved in Sectarian violence before also in Pakistan but nothing like this ever happened. The written words on walls of mosques and buildings and markets abusing Prophet (PBUH), Sahaba Karam and Burning of Quran will shock everyone. Brutality in killing people is evident from the footage, killing and then burning the dead bodies has also happened in several areas.

Its the worst sectarian violence that has ever happened in Pakistan but its made strictly non accessable area by the Army.

Furthermore AM, I say it with all authentication that in Parachinar Shia attacked the Army fort after killing 100+ Sunnis and only after that Army was sent in Parachinar to below the **** out of them. The help from Afghan side for the shias has been exposed and now Army is going to create a balance of Shia Sunni in Parachinar so that such acts of taking Kurram Agency Hostage by Shia population can never happen! That is the reason shias are fleeing into Afghan side of their tribes.

i can give a first hand information on this ongoing clash as we have direct soruce there but since i see too many aliens jump here and confuse the issue. so till now i didnt commented on the parachinar issue. here.

I don't understand this - Why would either side, Sunni or Shia, abuse Muhammed (PBUH) and the Quran? The Sahaba is a long running dispute, so getting worked up over that is silly (though I think coming to violence over the other two is also a horrible reaction, but understandable in a religio-cultural context), but how could any Muslim do the other two? External mischief?

That is what is happening in Parachinar AM, its not sectarian violence only ..

Its like they were trying to capture Kurram agency itself...

I have no real proof other than the video but as for the eye witness which made this video during the mass buriel in Parachinar on 16 and 17th December and later edited by my friend who gave this video, 1 Army Gunship helicopter was shot down with RPGs in mid December... But was not reported as its strictly no go area.

Furthermore AM, I say it with all authentication that in Parachinar Shia attacked the Army fort after killing 100+ Sunnis and only after that Army was sent in Parachinar to below the **** out of them. The help from Afghan side for the shias has been exposed and now Army is going to create a balance of Shia Sunni in Parachinar so that such acts of taking Kurram Agency Hostage by Shia population can never happen! That is the reason shias are fleeing into Afghan side of their tribes.

This doesnt make sense either. The Shias in Afghanistan are mainly the Hazara ethnic group in the North of the country. The place where they (Shias according to you) are fleeing to is Khost see link here. Khost is not a Shia dominated area. So, why are the Sunni Khost Pashtuns helping the Shia Parachinar Pashtuns kill the Sunni Parachinar Pashtuns? Does that make sense to you if it really is sectarian?

Also where is your evidence Afghani Shias are helping them? (I don't mind believing this, just need some evidence from creditable links, not hearsay)

I said Iranian Weapons RR.

Umm, no you didn't. This is what you posted earlier, and you weren't referring to weapons in the slightest.

"In all Pakistan Shia population is 4 -8 % . In NWFP its the minimum possible as Pashtuns are mostly of Sunni Sect. Shia of Iranian Origin are in some areas of FATA ."

Not that Iran is Supplying them. The Shia Afghans on the other Side have the same supplied weapons ... No.

Don't understand this.

I need to Upload one footage from Parachinar ......... Its alarming how they have executed the Sunni people.. Thats why Army is pissed off in that Area!

Upload it then. I sent you a message to contact Neo. He'll tell you how.

Umm, no you didn't. This is what you posted earlier, and you weren't referring to weapons in the slightest.

"In all Pakistan Shia population is 4 -8 % . In NWFP its the minimum possible as Pashtuns are mostly of Sunni Sect. Shia of Iranian Origin are in some areas of FATA ."

Don't understand this.

Upload it then. I sent you a message to contact Neo. He'll tell you how.

I have video but its 290MB and i think its impossible to upload but i am trying to make small clips from it. Further i mailed Webby the pics i made from the video just to ask him can i post these!

1 Army Gunship helicopter was shot down with RPGs in mid December... But was not reported as its strictly no go area.

Regarding that - the military did report it going down due to technical problems, and both operators were recovered safely. I am not sure if that would have been possible if they were shot down in a hostile area by an RPG - but who knows...

PtbP,

I think you got this all wrong. It's not Shias that are fleeing, it is Sunnis.

"Afghan officials said about 900 families - most of them Sunnis - have fled across the border in the last two weeks to the Khost and Paktia provinces. The majority of those fleeing are women and children and most are staying in the homes of friends and acquaintances.
Pakistani families fleeing sectarian strife pour into Afghanistan

Now it wouldn't surprise me if Sunni Khost is supplying the Sunnis of Parichnar with weapons, and some Hazara or Tajiks are supplying the Shias of Parichnar with weapons. But they can get their own weapons easily anyway without these sources.

For sure, I don't agree with Sunni Khost supplying Shia Parachinar with weapons to kill Sunni Parachinar though. Unless there's a good link for it.

Baitullah in hot water’

PESHAWAR: Simultaneous attacks on the offices of pro-government peace committees supporting commander Maulvi Nazir will lead to “serious consequences” for Baitullah Mehsud, officials and tribal elders said. Baitullah is being chased by the government for his alleged involvement in the assassination of former premier Benazir Bhutto. “Anyone who is from the Mehsud tribe is leaving Wana following the late Sunday night attacks in which ten comrades of Maulvi Nazir were killed,” the officials told Daily Times. “The current situation will help the government and endanger Baitullah Mehsud’s life,” the officials said. Maulvi Nazir’s men retaliated and killed a Mehsud Talib and captured four others hours after the attacks. A Mehsud tribesman said that there was tense situation for non-Wazir residents in Wana where announcements were being made via loudspeaker-mounted vehicles asking the Mehsuds to “leave the Wana soil. “Most Ahmedzai Wazirs believe the attacks were orchestrated by Baitullah Mehsud and that Maulvi Nazir people can retaliate,” he said. Separately, Nazir summoned a meeting of elders of his clan on Wednesday to discuss the situation after the killings, his aides told AFP. The Mehsud tribe also held a meeting and decided to send a delegation for talks with aides of Baitullah Mehsud, local administration official Khaista Rehman said. iqbal khattak/afp
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

I find the part in bold to be the most optimistic part of this report - It will be in everyones interest if the rest of the Mehsud tribe can isolate and contain him.

PtbP,

I think you got this all wrong. It's not Shias that are fleeing, it is Sunnis.

"Afghan officials said about 900 families - most of them Sunnis - have fled across the border in the last two weeks to the Khost and Paktia provinces. The majority of those fleeing are women and children and most are staying in the homes of friends and acquaintances.
Pakistani families fleeing sectarian strife pour into Afghanistan

Now it wouldn't surprise me if Sunni Khost is supplying the Sunnis of Parichnar with weapons, and some Hazara or Tajiks are supplying the Shias of Parichnar with weapons. But they can get their own weapons easily anyway.

For sure, I don't agree with Sunni Khost supplying Shia Parachinar with weapons to kill Sunni Parachinar though. Unless there's a good link for it.

Hazara are at work in Parachinar and they have always been supported by Iran in the Past that what is my refering them as Iranian origion since they have also been supported by Iran for being Shia. Thou they have a mingol background! But their sect is the main thing. No?.

Tajik are mostly populated in the Khowst area and beats me that Khowst has a population of 70/30 Sunni/Shia... Tajik, Hazara and Pashton. Only Hazara been Shia but we know that their is not much love between Tajik and Pashton also.

Its not a fight among Afghan Shia or Afghan Sunni but its for the domination of Kurram Agency as it was always a densely populated Shia area.

Hazara are at work in Parachinar and they have always been supported by Iran in the Past that what is my refering them as Iranian origion since they have also been supported by Iran for being Shia. Thou they have a mingol background! But their sect is the main thing. No?.

There is some sectarian violence in the region undeniably.

Tajik are mostly populated in the Khowst area and beats me that Khowst has a population of 70/30 Sunni/Shia... Tajik, Hazara and Pashton. Only Hazara been Shia but we know that their is not much love between Tajik and Pashton also.

Dude, NO. Tajiks are located in the North of Afghanistan. Sunni Pashtuns are the majority in Khost and all the surrounding Afghani provinces.

Its not a fight among Afghan Shia or Afghan Sunni but its for the domination of Kurram Agency as it was always a densely populated Shia area.

It could be. Sunni Khost and Sunni Parichinar. But I havent seen any evidence Sunni Khost is helping them.

There is some sectarian violence in the region undeniably.

Dude, NO. Tajiks are located in the North of Afghanistan. Sunni Pashtuns are the majority in Khost and all the surrounding Afghani provinces.

It could be. Sunni Khost and Sunni Parichinar. But I havent seen any evidence Sunni Khost is helping them.

Talibans are in Parachinar as per reports by this insider since the balance of Shia / Sunni is way in favour of Shias in Parachinar. Army is mostly Just killing when needed. Otherwise they are just witnessing them fight since the curfew was impossed 400+ have died. No major reports are coming to the media.

Regarding the "slurs" painted on the walls and the burning of the Quran - there have been quite a few cases where people have committed those acts and blamed some other party for it to advance their agenda. There was the recent famous case of a Christian family whose tenant burnt a Quran in their living room and then blamed the owner, so that he could claim the property. Another case was of a building housing old copies of the Quran being torched, and the local Christian community being blamed. So it is also quite likely that these acts could have been committed by some instigators, who then blamed the other side and got everyones passions inflamed.

Its not like that in Parachinar AM,

I am only waiting for webby to tell me how can i show you people this video :undecided: or the pics if allowed for public viewing!

Talibans are in Parachinar as per reports by this insider since the balance of Shia / Sunni is way in favour of Shias in Parachinar. Army is mostly Just killing when needed. Otherwise they are just witnessing them fight since the curfew was impossed 400+ have died. No major reports are coming to the media.

Thats what I have gleaned from the reports over the last couple of months - that the Army is just trying to enforce the ceasefire, and letting the two groups fight it out intermittently. They should not get involved here in supporting any side.

With regards to the "balance" - that is only going to be exacerbated in favor of the majority when conflict erupts (as RR pointed out with his link that suggested mostly Sunni families are fleeing). The balance should not be changed, some mechanism to avoid violent conflict and address disputes needs to be brought about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom