What's new

FATA Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is worse than in Iraq. Throughout their insurgency, only twice have the militants mustered more than 1000 men, during Fallujah and Najaf, both in 2004.

And both times they were on the defensive strictly. But here we have 1000 Taliban mustering and attacking within Pakistan - this is incredible. If Musharaff continues to hold back to play the Americans for more aid Pakistan is finished.

Mr. Concerned, though the situation is serious, I find it very hard to believe that the Pakistani army will be defeated by a bunch of ragtag fighters.

Res assured, Pakistan isn't going to "get finished" anytime soon.

Let the complete news come first.

The place is remote and the Security forces need to muster up Power in that region. Lets see were this leads to! Mehsud tribe is going to get eliminated if they continue like this!

This is worse than in Iraq. Throughout their insurgency, only twice have the militants mustered more than 1000 men, during Fallujah and Najaf, both in 2004.

And both times they were on the defensive strictly. But here we have 1000 Taliban mustering and attacking within Pakistan - this is incredible. If Musharaff continues to hold back to play the Americans for more aid Pakistan is finished.

Pakistan doesn't need aid, moron. Pakistan is being paid billions as compensation for the costs of fighting the war on terror. At first I wasn't so sure that Pakistan should have physically (ie army) joined the war on terror .. (though it turns out the US threatened to bomb it so there wasnt any choice). Now I am 1000% sure it should have, because as soon as these Al Qaeda radical morons have a slight whim with the Pakistani government laws, they will create Lal Masjids and threaten suicide bombings. The sooner these idiots are taken care of, the better it will be for Pakistan.

:) Yes RR and this time trust me as far as i had collected information from direct stalks there, they are being rooted out completely. and this time the best thing that had been learned to know their way of getting strong so next time it wont be that much easy for them to do so.

Its to be expected, these forts are relics of the colonial age and are not the hardened outposts like Camp Bastion that the British operate out of in Helmand province.

1000 militants versus less than a hundred paramilitary soldiers- easy to see where this would lead.

Its to be expected, these forts are relics of the colonial age and are not the hardened outposts like Camp Bastion that the British operate out of in Helmand province.

1000 militants versus less than a hundred paramilitary soldiers- easy to see where this would lead.

Yes JK

It was 1000 V 35 FC men

Yes JK

It was 1000 V 35 FC men

But it should not be allowed to pass. Mehsuds should now be rooted out of Tribal area .... Start a massive action immediately and tell all the tribes ... either they are with Army and Pakistan or against it ... Then they should start the operation!

For long this has not been dealt with straight forward approach ... Its time ..

Otherwise! more bad news will come for Pakistanis!

no, no, no PtbP. Mehsuds are very much part of the tribal system, and it's their home in Waziristan. They're just being a bit rebellious right now. Tribal politics. It will pass eventually. Al Q is a different matter, and they do need to be rooted out the tribal area..not the Mehsuds.

Well I was recently visited by a family member who is serving as a Major in a field artillary regiment who explained the situation to me.

The reason that there is no huge all out operation is that the army wishes to prevent civilian casualties.
From a Pathans perspective if a family member is killed by someone else they are bound by honor to avenge that death. It makes sense for the army to exercise caution or there would be alot of pissed of people.

The Nato forces in Afghanistan can pack up and leave when they are done and Pakistan cannot as this is on home turf yet another reason to exercise caution.

Furthermore most of the foreign miscreants who are arrested are refused back to their home countries so Pakistan has to deal with them.

I hope that soon the army and the paramilitaries deployed can end things once and for all but as you can see the situation is quite complicated.

Surely the army should target these heavy weaspons that the militants possess.

It would help give the edge to the security forces if the mortars etc were taken out.

Dozens dead as Islamists capture Pakistan fort

WANA, Pakistan, Jan 16 (AFP) Hundreds of militants overran a Pakistani paramilitary fort near the Afghan border Wednesday, sparking fierce fighting that left seven troops and up to 50 rebels dead, the army said. Another 20 troops were missing after insurgents armed with rocket launchers and assault rifles blasted their way into the remote outpost at Sararogha town in the South Waziristan tribal district. “Around midnight 400 miscreants attacked the Frontier Corps at Sararogha. The fort was captured by militants, we are taking stock of the situation,” chief military spokesman Major General Athar Abbas told AFP. “There are reports of 40 to 50 dead miscreants, while seven personnel embraced martyrdom.” Military sources said the fighters besieged the remote post in darkness before blowing up part of the walls using explosives, storming inside and taking control of the building. Abbas said soldiers responded with artillery before fleeing. Of 42 troops manning the fort, 15 had escaped to a separate base while the whereabouts of the remaining “stragglers” was not known, he added. (First Posted @ 10:30 PST, Updated @ 17:53 PST)

no, no, no PtbP. Mehsuds are very much part of the tribal system, and it's their home in Waziristan. They're just being a bit rebellious right now. Tribal politics. It will pass eventually. Al Q is a different matter, and they do need to be rooted out the tribal area..not the Mehsuds.

I know RR... but the problem is that these mehsuds are giving shelter to the AQ elements in the region and the Baitulla Group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom