What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Great! No problem then, I am sure then we will see export orders for the JF-17 soon.
Look at the initial posts, there is no doubt about getting orders. Many Air Forces have shown interest and are keen in this aircraft. You may find the list in this thread too.

269390_526196460764639_50119216_n.jpg

Look at the initial posts, there is no doubt about getting orders. Many Air Forces have shown interest and are keen in this aircraft. You may find the list in this thread too.

269390_526196460764639_50119216_n.jpg

Yes I know, such as Egypt and Indonesia, but I prefer "keen interest" to be solemnized in the form of signed sales contracts and deliveries before I celebrate.

The Chinese have an order for 150 Russian engines in place and at the moment it does not seem that Russians are in a mood to stop supply of the engines.

Chinese are developing WS-13 engine and the same shall sooner or later replace Russian engine.

The order of 150 AL-31 are for the large fleet of older J-10 and J-11. Their frames are designed to fit AL-31

FC-10/JF-17 are equipped with a different engine RD-93. You are correct. WS-13 is the our replacement for RD-13 which is under testing.

As long as there are orders for RD-93 placed with the Russians, I dont see why they are not supplying it but still they have the final say.

If the WS-10 is truly and independently ready and can be re-exported without Russian approval, then the JF-17 has a fair shot at export success. I just don't see any chances for the plane to compete on the international arms market with Russian engines, that is all.

The engine on export is WS-10.

JF-17s are designed to be equipped with WS-13 ( replacement for RD-93)
WS-10 is developed earlier to fit our fleet of J-10s and J-11s

It is correct if WS-13s are successful after testing JF-17 will greatly enhance its market for export

Great! No problem then, I am sure then we will see export orders for the JF-17 soon.

Exactly!:tup:

JF-17s are designed to be equipped with WS-13 ( replacement for RD-93)
WS-10 is developed earlier to fit our fleet of J-10s and J-11s

It is correct if WS-13s are successful after testing JF-17 will greatly enhance its market for export

Exactly!:tup:

Yes WS-13 it is. My bad.

For the buyers financial decision play an important part. As long as the engine problem is not solved, the export of J-17 is always a concern for the buyers because Russian may play games restricting the sale of their engines to the China/Pakistan partnership.

True, but I mean from China's point of view. Like you said, if that African country was friendlier to the US, the Russians wouldn't be so keen on selling their engines to China, if they know that those same engines may bite them in the butt later on in the future.

Aussies broke radar and interface codes of FA18... But that was something funny...

You really think the joint venture between Pakistan and China is all based on assembling like India does? I mean, the worst examples of assembling something comes right from HAL... Dassault does not trust them, Indians do not trust them... And inventing planes like LCA has been record indeed. And you start pointing at PAC... Well, Pakistan contributed a lot in the network and source code area. In fact Pakistan provided China a better HUD for F7... But then again... I am talking to someone that is blinded by nationalism.

SirJi,

HAL assembling from SU-30MKI is more then what can do on PAK JF-17 . India even make SU-30MKI engine from Raw material in India itself, It has own avionics suits and mission computer.

Dont argue to just argue sake, Just show proof. Their is difference in assembling and manufacturing. Karma also make Italian Radar under Lic.

Do you have any Proof that you make HUD screens in PAK?

Moreover Here Two Reasons:

A) PAK was interested in Italian Radar (more advance) to fit in JF-17 but Chinese didn't let them.
B) Code in ADA is optimised for Military H/w now since coding is done on C++ therefore PAK Facing difficulty in integrating various weapons system in its arsenal on JF-17.

The order of 150 AL-31 are for the large fleet of older J-10 and J-11. Their frames are designed to fit AL-31

FC-10/JF-17 are equipped with a different engine RD-93. You are correct. WS-13 is the our replacement for RD-13 which is under testing.

As long as there are orders for RD-93 placed with the Russians, I dont see why they are not supplying it but still they have the final say.

The matter was resolved in April 2007 when Russia allowed re-export of Russian engine to Pakistan. It was reported that Mr. Putin had personally supervised and signed the contract. The article mentioned supply of 150 fighters and considering each fighter had one engine the number are believed to be 150 at least.

Ok now confusion has officially spread.

IF WS-13 is only in testing no matter how many successful hours it has flown if it is not ready for exports with FC-1/JF-17 this means no Exports of Aircrafts any time soon no matter how many Countries are Interested, clarified.

Ok now confusion has officially spread.

IF WS-13 is only in testing no matter how many successful hours it has flown if it is not ready for exports with FC-1/JF-17 this means no Exports of Aircrafts any time soon no matter how many Countries are Interested, clarified.

A relevant abstract from an article:

Stuck in Sichuan: The Saga

The Pakistan Government had hoped to sign a deal to acquire 150 JF-17/FC-1 fighters in 2007, with 8 aircraft in service by year’s end . China had reportedly even bought 100 Klimov RD-93 engines from Russia for installing on JF-17s, with an option to contract for another 400 engines.

In January 2007, however, Forecast International reported that Russia had refused permission for the transfer of its RD-93 engines , derived from the RD-33 that equips the MiG-29. According to FI the decision came only a few days after a visit to India by Russia’s Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Sergei Ivanov, during which a number of joint defense projects were discussed and agreements were signed . These include the MRTA transport aircraft, and reportedly a “5th generation fighter” project, even as the MiG-29OVT/MiG-35 is touted as the likely winner of the multi-billion MRCA fighter contract. January 2007, DID:

“The military world has no shortage of irony. The defense industry has its moments too, as Pakistan just discovered. An aircraft whose development was driven by military sanctions from the US and Europe is now derailed by military sanctions [regarding its engines]. This leaves the Pakistani Air Force dependent on an alternative from… America. Meanwhile, the Chinese are left with no export launch customer for a plane they may now have to reluctantly buy themselves, instead of the favoured and more capable J-10 . Somewhere in Delhi, champagne is pouring – but first, a bit of background.”

Coincidence? Didn’t look like it. Replacement with another engine? Unless it’s a very close copy, that requires re-work of the entire fighter design and takes years. Just ask the Chinese J-10 project team.

As it turned out, however, that wasn’t necessary. The arms market also features no shortage of change, and Russia eventually chose not prevent re-export of the RD-93 engines, in an announcement that caught even India’s diplomats by surprise. The RD-93 comes with some disadvantages, including a tendency to leave smoke trails, but tacit re-export approval removed a huge potential roadblock and let the program proceed more or less on schedule.

Pakistan & China’s JF-17 Fighter Program

so WS-10 is miss matched for JF-17? i thought PAC said that multiple eninge can be fixed in JFt's air frame?

SirJi,

HAL assembling from SU-30MKI is more then what can do on PAK JF-17 . India even make SU-30MKI engine from Raw material in India itself, It has own avionics suits and mission computer.

Dont argue to just argue sake, Just show proof. Their is difference in assembling and manufacturing. Karma also make Italian Radar under Lic.

Do you have any Proof that you make HUD screens in PAK?

Moreover Here Two Reasons:

A) PAK was interested in Italian Radar (more advance) to fit in JF-17 but Chinese didn't let them.
B) Code in ADA is optimised for Military H/w now since coding is done on C++ therefore PAK Facing difficulty in integrating various weapons system in its arsenal on JF-17.

hahahahaha Good day trolling and plz 1st prove the bold parts how can you(HAL) make MKI when you cant even assemble LCA

The matter was resolved in April 2007 when Russia allowed re-export of Russian engine to Pakistan. It was reported that Mr. Putin had personally supervised and signed the contract. The article mentioned supply of 150 fighters and considering each fighter had one engine the number are believed to be 150 at least.

The supply of 150 Russian engines was reported here

http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/130889-china-signs-deal-150-russian-fighter-jet-engines-report.html

so WS-10 is miss matched for JF-17? i thought PAC said that multiple eninge can be fixed in JFt's air frame?

you cannot have a WS-10 to fit into a light multirole fighter jet like JF-17.
WS-13 is developing to equip with FC-1 / JF-17 which is slightly more powerful than the Russian engine

Back
Top Bottom