What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

@TaimiKhan It is a very well known problem with the military on the one side trying to get the plane in a decent way and on the other side Zardari trying to make his deal to get big numbers so he can move out Pakistan after elections. I am quite surprised that only few know this on the forums. This attitude made FC20 a dead deal. This attitude destroyed finishing the 42 first batch JF17. The PAF guys were upset but the Chinese made it clear. As long as Zardari is there in Pakistani there is no talk nor planes. So hence you see hardly new developments at PAC Kamra. BTW I got this info not from the Pakistani side... That says enough. It was told to me a few weeks after Zardari visited China... Long time ago. Pakistani side rather waited and hoped for the best.
@Donatello Well, it is a big deal so won't be there on a fast track. And one needs shore installations etc. It fits in replacing some old assets and the need for assymetric warfare and second strike.

Well, most of Pakistani know these ppp people have robbed the nation but you all have no clue how worse. It pretty much left Pakistan empty. JF17 was bad done. FC20 was killed. Nescom budget was cut and you can go on for al lot more. They installed their party people inside ISI, military etc just to avoid confrontation and to continue the robbing. The Indians have their issues with deals, we are excelling them in that but no one knows it.

Do you think in PAK, where everything is controlled by Army allows anything to happen like that? PAK every major decision is controlled by Army and every Pakistani knows that, Anything wrong , blame govt and thing good give credit of PAK Army.

Foreign relations are controlled by Army, Military projects are strictly controlled by Army, and even Finance is decided by Army.

Why blaming the Army for that. their is must be a reason for the same.

Army =(AF, Army, Navy)

Remember the Railway Engine Story? Army Forced the Govt to bring Chinese engines which cant run on PAK Tracks . This is just tip of ice burg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think in PAK, where everything is controlled by Army allows anything to happen like that? PAK every major decision is controlled by Army and every Pakistani knows that, Anything wrong , blame govt and thing good give credit of PAK Army.

Foreign relations are controlled by Army, Military projects are strictly controlled by Army, and even Finance is decided by Army.

Army =(AF, Army, Navy)

All of this without any iota of proof. Yes the Army does extend it's hand out into places it shouldn't, but this isn't a one man or one institution dictatorship.

The foreign relations w.r.t Afghanistan and US are controlled by the Army as they should, that affair is too messed up.

Remember the Railway Engine Story? Army Forced the Govt to bring Chinese engines which cant run on PAK Tracks . This is just tip of ice burg.

Oh really link please.

Army =(AF, Army, Navy)

Right here is the problem with most Indian posters. Their approach is based on a few stereotypical theories propped by assumptions. When you view things from a distorted perspective, things do not look right. Your misleading claim about Army and Pakistan Railway engines is just such a manifestation.

For your information Pakistan is a lot more complex than your formulaic hodge podge theories. It is a country of 180 millions, not a corporation manned by Army.

It would be better if you stick to the topic. What did your diatribe have to do with "Export potential of JF-17"?

All of this without any iota of proof. Yes the Army does extend it's hand out into places it shouldn't, but this isn't a one man or one institution dictatorship.

The foreign relations w.r.t Afghanistan and US are controlled by the Army as they should, that affair is too messed up.

@nuclearpak; you missed out one country in that list. IE India, is Foreign Policy wrt India is made in Islamabad or Rawalpindi?
On the issues wrt JF-17; the program is in some kind of doldrums now. That has to be cleared before there can be any meaningful movement towards export sales.

Army =(AF, Army, Navy)

I am posting here but it does not mean I am interested or obliged to answer to some posters which I find biassed or unable to understand what I say. You are clearly trying to put words in my mouth. As an Indian you should bother with your own failed internal programs or the black list of almost every company around the globe. No need to point at others.

@nuclearpak; you missed out one country in that list. IE India, is Foreign Policy wrt India is made in Islamabad or Rawalpindi?

Yes and no...that policy is made with both the civilian setup and military taking eachother into confidence.

On the issues wrt JF-17; the program is in some kind of doldrums now. That has to be cleared before there can be any meaningful movement towards export sales.

No it is not.

Oh really link please.
Delete the post, and the replies, it is not required on the thread.

I am posting here but it does not mean I am interested or obliged to answer to some posters which I find biassed or unable to understand what I say. You are clearly trying to put words in my mouth. As an Indian you should bother with your own failed internal programs or the black list of almost every company around the globe. No need to point at others.

Hello, You should reply because if you don't reply it puts you under the impression of being on back foot and that makes you someone who doesn't want to engage in meaningful discussion. Than what are you doing here go out enjoy life rather than posting the wrong insider information "that I know it all".

Hello, You should reply because if you don't reply it puts you under the impression of being on back foot and that makes you someone who doesn't want to engage in meaningful discussion. Than what are you doing here go out enjoy life rather than posting the wrong insider information "that I know it all".

You seem to be more bothered with (particularly) his insider information, otherwise, there are many more pro-claimed insiders around.
Which meaningful disciussion, you apparently challenged in your post.
I thing Munir did well for not feeding the trolls.

On the subject, Serbia is reported to have bought six, mig-29 for 24.5 million each.

Srbija se bo okrepila s

this thread has been open for VERY LONG TIME ...

logically the MOST LIKELY export targets for the JF17 are those nations that have follwing criteria

VERY STRONG relationship with CHINA with longstanding 100% confidence/trust.
Good relations with russia since its powred by a russian engine
Need for a budget BVR multi role fighter
Struggling for options from the west & russia (the tradional big combat fighter exporters) due to sanctions/cost/ etc.
Airforce already operating CHINEASE ORGIN FIGHTERS

The last is crucial

THE 3 OBVIOUS OUSTANDING CANDIDATES who fit this creteria

North korea
Veitnam
Mynamar

THIS IS WHERE THE MOST LIKELY JF17 order will have success. as a MIG21/F7 replacement

this thread has been open for VERY LONG TIME ...

logically the MOST LIKELY export targets for the JF17 are those nations that have follwing criteria

VERY STRONG relationship with CHINA with longstanding 100% confidence/trust.
Good relations with russia since its powred by a russian engine
Need for a budget BVR multi role fighter
Struggling for options from the west & russia (the tradional big combat fighter exporters) due to sanctions/cost/ etc.
Airforce already operating CHINEASE ORGIN FIGHTERS

The last is crucial

THE 3 OBVIOUS OUSTANDING CANDIDATES who fit this creteria

North korea
Veitnam
Mynamar

THIS IS WHERE THE MOST LIKELY JF17 order will have success. as a MIG21/F7 replacement

Another example of a meaning ful discussion.

Following advice from TT Chariman, i must reply. :undecided:

My reply.... JFT has beaten crap out of F-16, Euro fighter and SU-27 in training battles.
Where as Indian su-27 were smacked in Red flag xcercise by american F-16

Last but not least, JFT is not available for sale to Indians.

JFT out shined SU-27 and F-16 in most of encounters and specs.... says a lot about its potential.

If Mashaq and Kurkurram can be export hit than why not a star performer and a prime product with prime specs.!

Another example of a meaning ful discussion.

Following advice from TT Chariman, i must reply. :undecided:

My reply.... JFT has beaten crap out of F-16, Euro fighter and SU-27 in training battles.
Where as Indian su-27 were smacked in Red flag xcercise by american F-16

Last but not least, JFT is not available for sale to Indians.

Elaborate On the bold text.

Back
Top Bottom