What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

It is co-developed product.... more funds came from China than pak....

anyways come back to the topic...

Again you are wrong.More money came from Pakistan and PAC will be producing more or almost 100% parts in future except engine. As i know it If PAF had not joined this Super-7 project (now JF17) would have been dead long ago. so it was a PAF project, and PAF was part of it from the start.

the KLJ7 Radar is assembled in Karma , but parts procured from China, No county ever give the radar source Code to anyone till now, Only once instance US given f-16 Radar Source code to Israel.

I Dont think China provided you Source Code of the Radar you can verify it with Seniors.

Since the Avionics Data bus and other components developed by China , therefore Source Code also be written by China only because code can only be developed by a company who develops/ design the architecture.

please prove which components of JF-17 made by you? which you do not manufacture under lic. from china and developed by you alone.

Because you made anything under lic then you have pay royal

Pakistan has full access to source codes, and we are developing our own avionics suite too. We are able to integrate any weapon from the open market on our own. It was confirmed by a Janes interview with JFT Program head...posted in the JFT thread...go and read.

Pakistan has full access to source codes, and we are developing our own avionics suite too. We are able to integrate any weapon from the open market on our own. It was confirmed by a Janes interview with JFT Program head...posted in the JFT thread...go and read.

Pakistani engineers were part of R&D team since beginning but newbie trolls will always come up with same old rhetoric!

the KLJ7 Radar is assembled in Karma , but parts procured from China, No county ever give the radar source Code to anyone till now, Only once instance US given f-16 Radar Source code to Israel.

I Dont think China provided you Source Code of the Radar you can verify it with Seniors.

Since the Avionics Data bus and other components developed by China , therefore Source Code also be written by China only because code can only be developed by a company who develops/ design the architecture.

please prove which components of JF-17 made by you? which you do not manufacture under lic. from china and developed by you alone.

Aussies broke radar and interface codes of FA18... But that was something funny...

You really think the joint venture between Pakistan and China is all based on assembling like India does? I mean, the worst examples of assembling something comes right from HAL... Dassault does not trust them, Indians do not trust them... And inventing planes like LCA has been record indeed. And you start pointing at PAC... Well, Pakistan contributed a lot in the network and source code area. In fact Pakistan provided China a better HUD for F7... But then again... I am talking to someone that is blinded by nationalism.

The FC-01/JF-17 can follow the list of J-7 or Mig-21 countries for their primary sales targets

If Pakistan can buy and use RD-93 so can other countries it would be beneficial to Russia. When you say russians are your best allies and they've even offered SU-35 so what is so wrong about purchasing RD-93, russians would be glad to furnish the orders.

Price of F-7 is at 10m [F-7BGI]. Even Angola flys su-27 did you know? so russians have no problem exporting RD-93 to those interested in FC-1 .

I go back to your post and comment on it a second time

If the Russians are selling Su-27 / Su-30 to the same group of countries knowing that there is a strong competitor known as FC-01 / JF-17 which is negotiating neck and neck with them, what do you think they will do?

Are they more eager to sell Su-27 or more engines to the partnership?

The answer is BOTH! Russian Export = Su-27; Engines = the partnership for production of planes which do not have direct sales competition with Russian planes

When you go into trading competitions in respect of arms sales, Russia is many times more a competitor than a friend

Dont forget the indian factor!

Do you know the price difference between a JF17 and Su30? Surely some buy 6-7 Su27 but you do know what it means to maintenance, spare parts, weapons... So just compare cost per flight hour and we can start a serious discussion.

Do you know the price difference between a JF17 and Su30? Surely some buy 6-7 Su27 but you do know what it means to maintenance, spare parts, weapons... So just compare cost per flight hour and we can start a serious discussion.

Agreed but one crucial part of JF-17 engine replacement at the end of its 1000th hour flight. Where is the source of replacement?

JF-17 is also offering to potential buyers a full after-sales and training service. The engine issue is a nut hard to crack!

Agreed but one crucial part of JF-17 engine replacement at the end of its 1000th hour flight. Where is the source of replacement?

JF-17 is also offering to potential buyers a full after-sales and training service. The engine issue is a nut hard to crack!

The Chinese have an order for 150 Russian engines in place and at the moment it does not seem that Russians are in a mood to stop supply of the engines.

Chinese are developing WS-13 engine and the same shall sooner or later replace Russian engine.

LOL see this video and educate yrself.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Chinese have an order for 150 Russian engines in place and at the moment it does not seem that Russians are in a mood to stop supply of the engines.

Chinese are developing WS-13 engine and the same shall sooner or later replace Russian engine.

The Russian mood will change the moment the JF-17 tries to compete with a Russian product for sales. The only way the JF-17 has a chance at export success is with a Chinese engine, whenever the WS-13 is ready.

The Russian mood will change the moment the JF-17 tries to compete with a Russian product for sales. The only way the JF-17 has a chance at export success is with a Chinese engine, whenever the WS-13 is ready.

WS-10 is ready and it is the copy of RD-93 so whats the prob ?

WS-10 is ready and it is the copy of RD-93 so whats the prob ?

If the WS-10 is truly and independently ready and can be re-exported without Russian approval, then the JF-17 has a fair shot at export success. I just don't see any chances for the plane to compete on the international arms market with Russian engines, that is all.

If the WS-10 is truly and independently ready and can be re-exported without Russian approval, then the JF-17 has a fair shot at export success. I just don't see any chances for the plane to compete on the international arms market with Russian engines, that is all.
The engine on export is WS-10.

Both countries have a 50% share in the project.

yeah i wont comment on that part.... what ever the share is, India alone spending amount on LCA... and we are not that much advanced as china..... any ways i don't want to mislead the thread..

Back
Top Bottom