What's new

Emergency Imposed!

Vote about Emergency Imposed!

• I support it. I am done with CJ, political instability, Benazir.

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • I condemn it. Musharraf needs to step down, and elect as a RETIRED General.

Votes: 30 45.5%

• Total voters
'Phone call' that led to emergency in Pakistan

Islamabad, Nov 4: A reported telephone call by Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry about a decision on the petition of Presidential election prompted the authorities to impose state of emergency in the country.

A government official, when asked about the reasons behind the move, said that Justice Iftikhar reportedly informed one of his friends on telephone that the Supreme Court was going to hand down verdict against Musharraf, which was tapped by the secret agencies.

The agencies intercepted a call from former CJ's phone few days ago in which he even disclosed the number of judges favouring and opposing this decision, and this forced the top policymakers to devise the emergency plan, the official said.

The official, working closely with one of the Presidential aides, further said that the government took extra time in execution of this plan so as to make it safer.

"They have been holding clandestine meetings for the last few nights, which cost them almost an extra day than the estimated time to execute the emergency plan," the official disclosed.

"Iftikhar Chaudhry told his friend that eight judges gave their opinion against Musharraf, while three others were in his favour," the official said adding that this information was substantial for secret agencies to take the extreme action of emergency imposition.

Meanwhile, it was learnt that former premier Benzir Bhutto recommended the name of Justice Abdul Hamid Dogar for new Chief Justice of Pakistan, The Nation reported.

"The top government quarters took Bhutto in confidence on the issue and she nodded in favour of Mr Dogar," the official stated.

To authenticate his information, he said that Justice Dogar was appointed by Bhutto in 1995.

Meanwhile, another source revealed that a midnight crackdown against lawyers' community was expected while the judges refusing to take a fresh oath under new PCO were being put under house arrest.

BEHKI BEHKI BATAIN AIK PAGAL PAKISTANI KI

Tera pakistan hay na mera pakistan hay. yea uska pakistan hay jo sadaar-e-pakistan hay. 60 saaloo say pakistan ka khoon choosnay waalay 6 lakh bheriaay is mulk ka wajood taak khatam karkay daam laingay. 16 karor aawam aik taaraf zaati mufaad aik taraf. yea musharaf ko baadshah kio nahi bana daitay siyaah karay yea safeed aanday day yea bachay koi rooknay waala nahi ho ga president bhi Chief of army staff bhi aur chief justice bhi. sabsay pehlay pakistan ka matlab hay kay sabsay pehlay zaati mufaad aur meri kursi pehlay tu kisy ki samjh may nahi aaya, aub samajh may aaya. Aafreen hay sirf aik shakhs ki khaatir jaab zaroorat parti hay aain ki dhaajia ura di jaati hain. Aur salute hay army kay (kutay say ziaada wafaadar) generaloo ko jinho nay sirf salute maarna seekha zehaan say soochna nai gheraatmandi ko topi may daal kar pehaan li hay. pakistan may emergency laagi hay yea media aur aadlia par shaab khoon maara gaaya hay. Aub humain samjh jaana chiay haawas iqtaadar kia hoti hay? Is mulk ka naam islami jamhoria pakistan kay bajai Azaad Khiaal Martial Law pakistan or musharafistan.is say samjh may yea aata hay haalaat kharaab sirf parweezi hukoomat ko tool dainay kay liay ki gai taakay AAQA (America) kay maaqaasid poray kiay jaa sakay khuch aur begunahoo ka khoon bhaaya ja sakay. Dukh hay hum 16 karor ki booli sirf 16 Afsaaro nay laagai hoi jo humaay kabhi america tu kabhi birtish ko baich rahay hay yea phir apni hi inteligence kay aaqobat khaanoo may takhta maashq banay howay hain aur kisy kay maa **** biwi bachoo ko koi haaq haasil nai unko pata bhi chalay wo zinda hay yea maar gai kisy judge nay pehli baar bera uthaaya tu agencies aur musharaf ko itna bura laga kay unko haata dia. Yea wahi media hay jisay mainay independance di hay baqool baadshah salaamat pakistan aur zairay lab apnay khilaaf likhnay kay liay nahi di aazadi judicary ko aazadi di hay maagar aapnay khilaaf faisloo kay liay nahi kia aandhair naagri aur choopat raaj hay jiskay gaalay may phaanda aagaya phaansi usko dainy hay aur agencies ko 90 Aaraab lootnay waaloo ko steel mill saastay daamo beechnay waaloo ko aawaam ko dhaakia gaalia dainay waalay minister ko khuch nai kehna. haam murda qoam hain koi baahar say nai aaiy ga baachaanay. America aub emergency kay nifaaz paar jhoota wawela karay ga 2 din pehlay General Faalan apni behaan ka rishta le kar aaya tha musharaf kay pass. Emergency lagnay kay baad condoleza rice taabsaray say inkaar china jaa kar tabsaara karo gi sab pata tha. Kia humaaray mulk may venezvella waalay haalaat paida ho rahay hain jaha CIA nay plotting ki Hugo chavez ko nikaal kar khud hookumat karnay ki maagar kia humaaray pass wo media hay jo ultaay howay taakhtay ko seedha kaarday kia wo awaam hay jo maazooll aur arrested saadar ko waapis lay aiy maagar ham saawal yea hay ham laai kisko yeha tu haar shaakhs ka daaman phaata howa hay kahi laachari say kahi corruption say kiski jhooli may daalaay yea zimadaari. Mubaarak musharaf tumhay aub khiaal karna american agenday ki taakmeel may waziristaan saawat maata balochistan deeni madarsoo par qaatlay-aam aaraam say ho. Aub tu na koi aadliaa hay na aawaam na leader. sikaast khoorda fauj nay pehlay wazeeristan aur phir swaat may hatiaar daalnay kay baad aik baar phir apnay hi capital ko faatah karlia. 6 lakh ki fauj may aik shakhs bhi pakistan ka waafadaar nahi hay. may halaaf na lainay waalay judges ki aazmat ko salam karta ho aur uthaanay waaloo paar laanat bhaijta ho. aur jaab AAQA ko aitraaz nahi tu haam kon hotay hain taanqeed karnay walay pichli daafa AAQA nahi chaatay thay tu raat ko phone kardia is daafa chaatay hain tu daabi aawaz may muzaamat kar rahay hain aur imdaad jaari rahay gi ka naara.

Atleast we have the courage to speak the right thing....unlike some who under fear or some obligations.....speak against Pak....and for those who are destroying Pak.....if u just wann hear one side of story and dunt ve courage to take opinions u dont like....then plz rename the forum as mushydefence.pk:)

i dont mind hearing both sides of the story as long as it is based on facts.

Niaz - u seem to support the justifications for imposing emergency but dont support the action. u need to make a stand one way or another. at least u are candid about the whole thing.

I would have preferred Musharraf to wait for the new assembly and then try to get himself elected and bow out gracefully if he failed. However he tried to sneek in thru the assembly whoes members mandate is about to expire.

The above was my wish; but you dont always get what you wish. I also find the way Supreme Court was acting was wrong and it could only result in disaster. Fact is the power always prevails, whether people power or military power. Who will prevail in the end in this case??

I am an overseas Pakistani, with no axe to grind whosoever wins. All I want is that my beloved motherland should prosper and have peace. It is because of this I am in a state of indecision. I can't foresee as to what would happen in the next few months. Will this emergency make situation worse or not?

You are right fatman, I have not made up my mind one way or the other. But I dont have to. There is no black and white in this world, all diferent shades of grey.

Its a Marshal law webby the constitution of Pakistan has been taken out and PCO protocol has been in placed. This is high treason.

Its not Martial Law. Aside from judiciary, all other organs of the existing government are functioning, no military courts have been established, no publicly elected official has been removed and replaced by officers in uniform etc. etc.

This is a limited emergency in terms of its scope and goals.

Offcourse they have to defend their corruptions.....if PA go back to barracks...all the loot mar and corruption will be exposed.....they arent doing what they are suposed to bcos they cant.....lst in 65, lost in 71, again in kargil and now WOT in NWFP......misreable failure has lead them to decide that they should change the job profile

I suggest you pick up a gun and stand guard in their place instead of wasting your time dogging them on these forums since you seem to have it all figured out in terms of their failures and I have no doubt you'd do a hell of a better job than them.

Factually speaking, PA is back in the barracks...the only person in uniform involved in the running of the government is Musharraf. Pakistan Army is in their barracks carrying on as they are supposed to under the new VCOAS. Lets not drag the entire Army into this discussion because of your childish and overtly negative observations about the entire Pakistan Army.

Nobody is preventing the government to state its own case in the media either. If WoT is being criticized, the government can come and praise WoT. The criticism against WoT... War is must. Pakistan is not the first country to criticize it's government's involvement in War.

But this isn't the case. The media (for whatever reason) has been bought off by who knows (perhaps India), and the media is intensely critical of PA involvement on Waziristan. This will weaken the government's stance on the WoT. It will weaken te government's stance on rounding up suicide bombers. Pakistan Army cannot back out of operations like America did in Vietnam. If Pakistan does back out, it loses its own country. They're two totally different ball games. I'd compare it to the US getting attacked (conspiracy theories aside) by Bin Laden, then it acting with or without the UN. The difference of course is that the US media is there to denigrate Bin Laden, the Pak media gives support to the enemy trying to kill Pakistanis.

By this standard, America should have hung Jane Fonda, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zep. I don't think anyone in the media has said, "This war is wrong so please go attack the army". They have said "This war is wrong, so army please stop attacking others". I'm not saying the war was wrong or the Army attacked the wrong people, I'm just saying it's everyone's RIGHT to say so.

Everyone has a right to do so, as long as it does not jeopardize the national security of a country. Then they lose the right.

That's why:

They have banned the Constitution but kept around the constitutional bodies Parliament, Senate and the 'new and improved' judiciary. But the fundamental rights that the constitution grants to every common citizen has been banned.

The consitution will be restored soon. Perhaps there'll be an amendment or two.

Atleast we have the courage to speak the right thing....unlike some who under fear or some obligations.....speak against Pak....and for those who are destroying Pak.....if u just wann hear one side of story and dunt ve courage to take opinions u dont like....then plz rename the forum as mushydefence.pk:)

Mr karpov if everyons is entiltled to comment according to his/her POV than why on earth you are calling those who are supporting the emergency or Musharraf as less courageouse of being feared under any "obligation"

As far taking opinion well we on PFF had taken opinions againts everything if backed by arguments and solid reasons.

As far that Mr AKBAR's BS three lines are concerned how on earth he can claimed All Pakistanis hate this and that, has anyone have the right to speak on bhalf of entire Pakistan if so than i can say that since, many are supporting Musharraf move it means all Pakistanis are in support of this move.

Now as far as your opinion is concerned or anyone's opinion is concerned Distorting a Picture and than commenting or comparing the person to a Hitler without backing it with reasons and logic shows only frustration of the person out of shortage of solid comments.
:cheers:

Isnt it against the professionalism to tell a friend on phone about the possible decision by the former CJ???

Isnt it that he can be questioned over it ???

Its not Martial Law. Aside from judiciary, all other organs of the existing government are functioning, no military courts have been established, no publicly elected official has been removed and replaced by officers in uniform etc. etc.

This is a limited emergency in terms of its scope and goals.

No Read my comment carefully.... This is Marshal Law, Ill rephrase it again.

"the 1973 constitution of Pakistan has been Suspended and PCO protocol has been in placed. This is high treason."

This can only be done by the Chief of Army staff and no other therefore, this is a Marshal law, however, a mini Marshal law, the troops and are not behind Musharraf any more. As we all know when they surrendered in Swat because they just couldn't attack their own people.

Mr karpov if everyons is entiltled to comment according to his/her POV than why on earth you are calling those who are supporting the emergency or Musharraf as less courageouse of being feared under any "obligation"

As far taking opinion well we on PFF had taken opinions againts everything if backed by arguments and solid reasons.

As far that Mr AKBAR's BS three lines are concerned how on earth he can claimed All Pakistanis hate this and that, has anyone have the right to speak on bhalf of entire Pakistan if so than i can say that since, many are supporting Musharraf move it means all Pakistanis are in support of this move.

Now as far as your opinion is concerned or anyone's opinion is concerned Distorting a Picture and than commenting or comparing the person to a Hitler without backing it with reasons and logic shows only frustration of the person out of shortage of solid comments.
:cheers:

There is also something called the "Freedom of Speech," you should respect his comments as each PDF members is entitled to their freedom of expresion.

As a Pakistani you repersent Pakistan and so you repersent its views in your opinion let others do the same.

Back
Top Bottom