What's new

Dr. Abdus Salam: A question

While I agree with the overall sentiment of the blog.

I must say this blog is high on self-flagellation and low on the detailed background of how well Dr. Salam was treated during his time in Pakistan.

He achieved highest level of recognition in the government of Pakistan. Was given perhaps highest amount of research funds given on disposle to a single scientist.

I mean how else Salam could develop large organizations such as SUPARCO, PAEC etc.

The money came from Pakistani taxpayers.

It is a crime and injustice that we ignore all that, and focus on a small part and tiny incidents where he may not have gotten what he wanted.

Having said that, I must say that we have not treated our minorities well. But that's a separate discussion.

When we discuss science we should not discuss religion. The two things are antithesis of each other. Yeah Islam too.

So please you all, do not be Mullahs when discussing Dr. Salam.

Thank you

I think you seem to ignore the post 1974 situation in Pakistan in regards to the treatment of ahmadis in general and Dr sahib in particular. He was definitively shunned, apart from token appreciation here and there. The International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) was originally meant to be in Pakistan but due to local opposition and government apathy he was forced to relocate. Whenever he tried giving lectures in Pakistan, he was hounded by jamaati gundas. I really don't know if you are unaware of these facts or you just look at pre 1974 history.

Or of course having the word muslim forcefully erased from your grave is a "tiny" incident.

Regarding your comment about religion and science, I'll have to respectfully disagree but I can't really say much due to policies of this forum (can't discuss religion etc).

Science has no boundaries????

I hope for that too.

Hopefully an exchange in the sciences?

@Pakistani Exile how have you been? I missed seeing you around these parts :)

Where do you usually hang out?
As far away from PDF as possible usually. I'm afraid my presence here irks a certain segment of this forum. It's really not fun being chased around by a mod who closes all threads you open, follows you to threads so he can sanction you. And of course the amount of intolerance and hostility one feels if he shows the people a mirror.

I think you seem to ignore the post 1974 situation in Pakistan in regards to the treatment of ahmadis in general and Dr sahib in particular. He was definitively shunned, apart from token appreciation here and there. The International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) was originally meant to be in Pakistan but due to local opposition and government apathy he was forced to relocate. Whenever he tried giving lectures in Pakistan, he was hounded by jamaati gundas. I really don't know if you are unaware of these facts or you just look at pre 1974 history.

Or of course having the word muslim forcefully erased from your grave is a "tiny" incident.

Regarding your comment about religion and science, I'll have to respectfully disagree but I can't really say much due to policies of this forum (can't discuss religion etc).

You know; you are replying there to a member of the tribe who subscribe to the credo of "Don't ask, don't tell". That tribe has many followers here (across all groups of people) who would be happier to see things swept below the nearest convenient rug. And that gets easily facilitated by resorting to banal generalizations.

The progressive demonization of some sects of people is something to think about; but that can only be done by those that can and want to think. Mohammed Zafrullah Khan is another name; he stood up for 'one of the core-issues of Pakistani existence----Kashmir at the UN in outstanding manner'. Who remembers him now?

About Dr.Abdus Samad; when he was at the peak of his career and achivement; Indian scientists cheered for him. Not because they wanted to appropriate him and seek to attach some remotely tenous thread to undivided India. But because they felt that the West was beginning to understand that there were more than Snake-Charmers in the region.
Btw; the person who told me about Dr. Abdus Samad spent some very productive years of his life in Lahore pre-1947.

Yes he was not Muslim that is clear but yes he did achieve in Physics no contradiction here so just stop trolling guys

him being Ahmedi does not change the level of respect i got for Dr. Abdus Salam.

If my memory serves me correctly it was Tiki Tam Tam

sticker,375x360.png

I meant he has the same style as Fuaji Historian is using
He wrote one easy to digest lines rather than huge massive blocks of text

As per Ahmandis, we the rest of Pakistani Muslims are really "non Muslims".

Staunch Ahmadis have refused to pray with me, and accept my dua-maghfirat after the death of their family members.

This even when we had been family friends for life.

Thus "it takes two to tango" in Pakistan.

Sunni and Shia Mullahtic fanatics call Ahmadis Kafir

When I try to stop my Shia friends to not issue Zarvana Zalimana fatwas against Ahmadis, they get mad at me

When I try to stop my Sunni friends to not issue Zarvana Zalimana fatwas against Shias, they get mad at me

Thus in Pakistan, Every sect and every maslik has its fire brands including Ahmadis.

As I have said earlier,

Dr. Abdus Salam was the highest funded and highest regarded individual scientist in the eyes of our government.

And he has remained so all these years.

If some Mullah fanatic f@rts against that great man,

well the only thing this Mullah does is stink up his own beard.

peace

Are they my views?
Then why should you go 'Ape-Shit' over them?

As I said, a Hindu Indian should not be regurgitating and re-f@ting stunk up Islamist stuff.

Hope you have enough self respect to understand this time.

peace

I have observed some posters who have taken a hostile attitude towards his legacy. Was it because he is an Ahmedi. Or we're there other reasons?

Because I looked at his interviews on YouTube. He seems shy, reserved and entertained questions academically. It reveals a person of immense intellect and dedication to his craft.

So could people here explain the hostility shown towards him by some people?

Disclaimer: please keep the conversation civil. I do not mean to offend or stoke feelings. I mean this as an enquiry. Please keep the replies dispassionate and academical

I dont know who these posters are i havent seen any poster shown hostile attitude towards his legacy.

He was great Pakistani scientist. the media had opened up alot, flow of information is now reaching far also become easy and accessible so hopefully more Pakistanis will be knowing about him and few hypocrite baboons will be exposed.

The day I go to Indian boards and post some jack $hit stuff about saffronites, you will be free to talk about consumption of "nuklear parathas" :lol:

For now, please make sure that your non-extremist Indianness is not in jeopardy. ;)

there was news that electricity will be produced from cow gas. ( seriously there was a news).

If my memory serves me correctly it was Tiki Tam Tam

sticker,375x360.png

I meant he has the same style as Fuaji Historian is using
He wrote one easy to digest lines rather than huge massive blocks of text

Oh Sir Ray C you are talking about.

yeh good old indian retd brigadier .

Last edited:
You mean to say there must not be conversation???

Abdul Salam belong to a community which don't believe that "Muhammad was last prophet".. If you say yourself Muslim and u don't believe it, you are Wajib-e-Quatal..

Correct me If I am wrong
If you don't know anything about Islam then shut your mouth.

This term is used for people who go against Islamic teachings and it means fit for murder.

Ok brother,

Which book/source/hadis are you quoting?

Where is this wajib qatal thingy and going against Mullahtic teaching thingy.

peace

I don't remember where I read it but it was used by extrimists against Salman Rushdie

As I said, a Hindu Indian should not be regurgitating and re-f@ting stunk up Islamist stuff.

Hope you have enough self respect to understand this time.

peace

Are you issuing some Fatwas, here? Fauji; LOLLL.
You are dumb enough to think that every Indian is automatically a Hindu; talk of Pavlovian-induced Stereo-typing; really!
That does speak something for the level of your knowledge and intellect!!!!!
Now I do understand the Fauji part of your nick may even be appropriate; given your fondness for ordering people to this, or do that or some other.

So just go on then; just dry up and blow away.
Faujis cannot be as intimidating as they want to be. :-)

Pieces.

Back
Top Bottom