What's new

Democracy gives India edge over China, say experts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only difference i see is democrasy will be accepted as super power while communist nations wont be.... China 7 to 8 trillion GDP and india 2 Trillion GDP.... Yet india been matched to China.... India can be superpower by less efforts while china even if keep trying hard wont be.... Just a thought of communism taking over world is scarry and threat to peoples freedom.... No nation would want that.... China will be next russia (a powerful country but enemy).... If china was democrasy with 7 to 8 trillion dollars they would had been semi super power by now....

So here is the difference. Just do a Facebook search and you will see all these Indian superpower sites. But you will see no China superpower sites. I believe most ordinary Chinese do not seek to be superpowers like Indians here do. This is from observing posts on this forum and other online sources. Can any Indians here tell me why so many Indians desire for India to be regarded by the west as a superpower?

Götterdämmerung;3614826 said:
The problem is, you won't know anything if you starved to death or live from hand to mouth with little to no education.

We in Europe became rich, educated and industrialised before we became democratic. Nobody is belittling democracy, but India bragging about democracy is giving democracy a bad name.

Alright Chinese, let's go back to school, shall we?

French revolution:
French Revolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Period: 1790/1800s

Industrial revolution: (Which made Europe rich)
Industrial Revolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Period: 1750-1850

So as Europe started getting richer, Europeans demanded more and more rights which resulted in revolution, similar case with America as America got rich in 19th-early 20th century Americans asked for more and more rights. For example, Right for women to vote, civil rights movement and etc.

So, if you really wanna worry about something then please worry about China, as China is getting richer people will naturally ask for more political freedom and I doubt that current authoritarian establishment of communist party will allow it. I'm seeing another cultural revolution another massacre and civil war? :fie:

But for India, Indians already enjoy political freedom.
Government doesn't control anyone's sperm, people can ejaculate as many times as they want (pretty evident).
Government doesn't have the last say in any matters, people do.
Children are not killed due to serving of poisonous milk.
No monks burn themselves every now and then.
People get to vote once every 5 years :P
One can actually drive the vehicle he buys.
Our cities are not the most polluted cities in the world.

Fan of irony? Communist Chinese' economy's backbone is capitalism. lool :D It is just hilarious and in 21st century people like you living in modern democracy are arguing about Democracy vs Communism. looool I wouldn't trade my basic rights for no amount of money. Then again that may be the difference between Chinese and Indian Modus operandi

Democracy is an overrated subject to tell the world that it is much better than Communism. Living in Europe and visited some other EU countries i think democracy has many areas that has failed terribly. People can vote, but i see political parties promising many things and yet they fail to deliver. With the crisis going on many countries are crumbling, all in need for bailout and guess who is gonna pay for it? Even Germans are sick of helping these problem countries and they know they ain't gonna get every dime back. I see protests going on in Greece, Italy, Spain. Citizens are sick of austerity measures, are sick of government spending way too much on infrastructure projects with many delays and then there are corrupt politicians. Indians can continue to brag of their voting right if they feel good about it but we all know the gap between our nations.

Well..........I believe that excess of anything is bad.......too much freedom, too many unwarranted rights leads to societal decay of democracy..........
Same in communism........too much control, no rights and freedom, again will lead to troubles like North Korea faces.......

So here is the difference. Just do a Facebook search and you will see all these Indian superpower sites. But you will see no China superpower sites. I believe most ordinary Chinese do not seek to be superpowers like Indians here do. This is from observing posts on this forum and other online sources. Can any Indians here tell me why so many Indians desire for India to be regarded by the west as a superpower?
Superpower is a forbidden topic in China, the Government does not allow people to talk about superpower, you can never hear official media in China talking about superpower. All the superpower prediction are done by the west.

Superpower is a forbidden topic in China, the Government does not allow people to talk about ....

And chinese forummers find that there is nothing wrong with this .... :laugh:

Tomorrow CPC will ban masturb..tion; and chinese forummers will find nothing strange or wrong with this... (ahh, don't worry about implementing the rule. Where there is a will, there is a way :laugh:).

Heck.. better spend your time and energy in some productive work on the factory floor rather ... rather than "useless" pleasures of life.

Ahhh... now it's clear.. who's got the edge... :laugh:

And then CPC will further boost the productivity of chinese.... pi$$ only once in 8 hrs. Or else, lose your wages for the "time spent".

Heck... let's compete with USA or UK. China isn't where we want to end up. :tup:

Democracy gives India edge on all the groups live peacefully, I have never heard in India there are voice of independence of some states.Thats one thing I envy.

you are trying to be funny by acting stupid to the core arent you? what are these people fighting for?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/113181-khalistan.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/49015-india-facing-growing-maoists-insurgency-targets-rights-groups.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/168480-india-maoist-bomb-blast-kills-15-police-march-27-2012-a.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/137316-real-face-india-hidden-world.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/5315-assam-freedom-fighters-kill-6-opressors.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/47621-indias-maoist-threat-insurgency-news-discussion.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/85722-insurgency-movements-india.html

But in terms of economy, India is behind. I dont know why, India is behind and its growing slower than China. That means the development gap between China and India is getting larger and larger.

there are many things undesirable in which india is far ahead of China!

Democracy gives India edge on all the groups live peacefully, I have never heard in India there are voice of independence of some states. Thats one thing I envy. But in terms of economy, India is behind. I dont know why, India is behind and its growing slower than China. That means the development gap between China and India is getting larger and larger.

Unless you are not being sarcastic.

Voices for independence do exist in certain states , but thanks to elections and voter turnouts, one can estimate the extant of people of respective state wishing independence. Which in China is not possible.

I think the biggest advantage China can get with democracy is easy unification with Taiwan.

WHERE DO I WANT INDIA TO GO -- TOWARDS CHINA - NEVER

TOWARDS US AND EUROPE -- YES

China like Country and Slavery like Rules for India is a NIGHTMARE for me

Chinese industrial workers are basically serfs man,no fixed hours or rights.This type of system can't be enforced in india,period.

Democracy or authoritarian, each in itself is meaningless - whats important is how each government runs the country and RESULTS.
You play the hand your dealt to its full potential. If democracy is so great then India has been dealt four aces but doesn't know the game and insists on folding. For 6 decades.

In China, the communist came to power against ridiculous odds and inherited a broken, war torn and impoverished land. The cards dealt were crap and the table rigged. Fortunately Mao was a shrewd old dude and Deng Xiao Peng kept aces up his sleeves.

In the long run this should be true. Sooner or later though China is going to have to open up- as the population gets richer and more educated the current oppression will not be tolerated by them any longer.

calling India a democracy is like calling a human dog```its a insualt to the very idea of democracy....India is probably the only relatively big economy that still has like feudal society

What a joke! There's no democracy here. It is just that people here are hardworking despite pathetic government policies and that is why we're emerging.

There is zero government contribution to the success of India as a nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom