What's new

Democracy gives India edge over China, say experts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Democracy is something that give Indians pride as India is "ahead" of China when you measure democracy. Unfortunate, most starving, illiterate and poor Indians old rather have food, a place to sleep and sanitation over democracy.

so ur supper dupper communist nation doesnt have poor all people eat in five star hotels all chinese are Phd in science now happy

I beg to disagree because I think the opposite is true. Having hierarchial structures give China an advantage as they can move faster as long as they keep the freedom of Markets to determine supply and demand.

If this is a race , then China has already won it. Nothing will change for the next 40 years at least.

thats true but i will prefer to live in free country rather a nation were gov. tell wat is gud for or my family and even how many children i should have

OK, let's say that democracy gives India an "edge".

What has India done with this edge?

no we indians doent belive in that its just a type of goverance which is most accepted by our socio cultural strata may be same way chinese socio cultural structure may be supported best by authotarian regime

Sure if china is a third world country then india is a failed state,

Well as per 2012 Failed States Index, China was ranked 76 and India ranked 78, so techincal if India is failed state , so is China.

india is atleast 40 years behind china in everything remember?:yahoo:

Yes! Very true:lol:

As of 1970 China's GDP was $1.8 trillion ,:woot: greater than American economy which was $ 1.0248 Trillion and Chinese economy was 62% of World's GDP in 1970s. :lol:

So hence China is atleast 40 years ahead of India. :D

Internal integrity.

I realized that.

Syama Ayas, could you please delete my post quoted in your reply?

Only better economy gives edge and that goes to China

you need to read the article for that answer because it is apparent you did not. The " edge" was post internals and infrastructure being built and is talked in terms of the future ( which many economist have written about the same ). With 1/2 the GDP of US what has China done could also be asked. Still a 3rd world underdeveloped country ... as it claims itself to be. ( your premier's words )

democracy means the majority runs the country. the majority in india are the untouchables and lowers castes.
So democracy has for the first time in indian history, empowered these people.

The only difference i see is democrasy will be accepted as super power while communist nations wont be.... China 7 to 8 trillion GDP and india 2 Trillion GDP.... Yet india been matched to China.... India can be superpower by less efforts while china even if keep trying hard wont be.... Just a thought of communism taking over world is scarry and threat to peoples freedom.... No nation would want that.... China will be next russia (a powerful country but enemy).... If china was democrasy with 7 to 8 trillion dollars they would had been semi super power by now....

The only difference i see is democrasy will be accepted as super power while communist nations wont be.... China 7 to 8 trillion GDP and india 2 Trillion GDP.... Yet india been matched to China.... India can be superpower by less efforts while china even if keep trying hard wont be.... Just a thought of communism taking over world is scarry and threat to peoples freedom.... No nation would want that.... China will be next russia (a powerful country but enemy).... If china was democrasy with 7 to 8 trillion dollars they would had been semi super power by now....

Even economy is going the Soviet-way... they have more coal and steel than food to eat !!!

On the brighter side, Gorbachev showed a great way for a peaceful demise of a dying animal... and now Russians are much happier.

The question is will PRC demise peacefully like SU, or in a much dirtier way .... (hope not!).

what a bunch of delusional cheerleading indians copying the ostriches with heads in sands rejoicing on their fake demcracy!

what is the use of spending billions of dollars importing arms from the west while you are so incapable and clueless for the rescue of your sailors from the grasp of the ill-equipped somali pirates?

Democracy gives India edge on all the groups live peacefully, I have never heard in India there are voice of independence of some states. Thats one thing I envy. But in terms of economy, India is behind. I dont know why, India is behind and its growing slower than China. That means the development gap between China and India is getting larger and larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom