What's new

Delta Force: Keeping Bengali skies free

So will the F-7BGI be in operation at that time? And BAF will be getting aircrafts only from Russia is it? So the agreement with Russia is only for YAK 130? Not for other aircrafts right?

The nearby India is still using its large fleet of Mig-21 it bought many years ago without a shame, in fact a long time ago. But, you are asking BAF to discard its new F-7BGIs? Very strange, but BGI is the strongest of all the Mig-21/F-7 planes.

The nearby India is still using its large fleet of Mig-21 without a shame it bought many years ago, in fact a long time ago. But, you are asking BAF to discard its new F-7BGIs? Very strange, because BGI is the strongest of all the Mig-21/F-7 planes.

What is there to be ashamed about using Mig 21s? Besides, no one here told that Bangladesh ought to be ashamed of using F-7s.

according to report BAF is planning for 10 squadrons of 4++ gen aircrafts (160 units) :woot: :yay:
Please post the link if there is one. However, induction of 10 sqs of planes can be done if it takes ten years. Issue here is if BAF has decided that it really needs 10 sqs of new planes.

By reading the main article I found that BAF has extended the life span of its A-5 fleet and it will not discard the planes before 2017 or after 2021, which is contrary to our assumption that A-5s will be discarded soon after the BGIs arrive.

Seems BAF will not induct so many of new 4.5G planes in a very short time.

What is there to be ashamed about using Mig 21s?

Some of our people are ashamed of our buying new F-7BGIs from China. Some other people want BAF to buy JF-17/FC-1, instead. But, why I do not know.

Bangladesh's defense relations with China & Russia are increasing day by day.. MiG-29SE's are planned to be upgraded to SMT standard while F-7BGIs are on order...

Bangladesh will go with more MiG 29SMTs and possibly some J-10s. I am not able to foresee any chances of acquiring F-16s, Saab JAS Gripens or JF-17s in this decade ...

Bangladesh's defense relations with China & Russia are increasing day by day.. MiG-29SE's are planned to be upgraded to SMT standard while F-7BGIs are on order...

Bangladesh will go with more MiG 29SMTs and possibly some J-10s. I am not able to foresee any chances of acquiring F-16s, Saab JAS Gripens or JF-17s in this decade ...

Western birds are out of the question.We will need eastern birds to have a good supply of armaments for the fighters.Can't trust the west with this stuff.I think BD will wait for China to induct JF17 in huge numbers before we make a move about it.

western aircraft are said to be in consideration..... but you gave a very good point - reliability of supplier.... yea, its true that their foreign policies put a lotta countries in trouble in times of crisis.....

Western birds are out of the question.We will need eastern birds to have a good supply of armaments for the fighters.Can't trust the west with this stuff.I think BD will wait for China to induct JF17 in huge numbers before we make a move about it.

JF-17 is FC-1 in China which was ready for export long ago but BD didn't take it. I think with almost similar price of BGI they could have gone for FC-1.

Look we all would love to see the BAF flying the latest advanced birds, but the reality is we are first concentrating on building our economy and infrastructure. We have a very large armed forces for our tiny defence budget, over 300,000 active men under arms, a number larger then many western nations. All this on a budget that's less then 2% of our GDP, which means all the expense go to paying salaries and such, very little is left to buy expensive modern equipment.

But things will change in the very near future, our economy is expanding at a good rate, in fact our GDP will grow faster then indias this year and into 2014. As the economy expands, our ability to new advanced weapons gets easier.

Now speaking about the f7bgis, remember even india flies mig 21s still, and these "stop gap" birds are quite advanced for there price, MFD glass cockpit, advanced multi mode radar, double delta wings, BVR capability etc. Bangladesh will soon be able to afford j10s, su30s, or latest migs within the next 10 - 12 years when our GDP reaches $300bn, and the defence budget doubles to over $5bn.

I think our GDP already passed $300bn in 2012....

Look we all would love to see the BAF flying the latest advanced birds, but the reality is we are first concentrating on building our economy and infrastructure. We have a very large armed forces for our tiny defence budget, over 300,000 active men under arms, a number larger then many western nations. All this on a budget that's less then 2% of our GDP, which means all the expense go to paying salaries and such, very little is left to buy expensive modern equipment.

But things will change in the very near future, our economy is expanding at a good rate, in fact our GDP will grow faster then indias this year and into 2014. As the economy expands, our ability to new advanced weapons gets easier.

Now speaking about the f7bgis, remember even india flies mig 21s still, and these "stop gap" birds are quite advanced for there price, MFD glass cockpit, advanced multi mode radar, double delta wings, BVR capability etc. Bangladesh will soon be able to afford j10s, su30s, or latest migs within the next 10 - 12 years when our GDP reaches $300bn, and the defence budget doubles to over $5bn.

I think our GDP already passed $300bn in 2012....

No our GDP nominal is $150bn at 2005 base rate, we always tend look on the conservative side when it comes to the GDP, if the base rate was taken at 2011 then the nominal GDP would be around conservatively $184bn.

The $306bn figure is GDP at PPP.

Back
Top Bottom