What's new

Defence budget likely to go up by 13 pc

Gryphon

Reaction score
tax-budget-file-670.jpg

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistani government is considering an increase in defence spending by 13 per cent to Rs627 billion (USD 6.37 billion) for the fiscal year 2013-14, DawnNews reported.

Defence allocation for the current fiscal year was Rs545 billion, which makes over 18 per cent of the country’s overall budget.

Summary of the defence budget was tabled before a meeting of the Priorities Committee held at the finance ministry’s office.

After much deliberation, it was decided to up an already staggering defence spending by 13 per cent to Rs627 billion.

According to details, Rs8.8 billion is likely to be allocated for defence division while Rs4 billion is suggested for development budget. For the ongoing expenditure of defence production, Rs580.7 million and for development programmes, Rs2.30 billion is allocated.

It was decided to give out 2.90 billion rupees for the ongoing expenditures of the housing ministry and Rs3.80 billion is suggested for its development projects.

For the expenses of Capital Administration and Development (CAD) ministry, Rs12.80 billion while Rs920 million is allocated towards its development projects.

Defence budget likely to go up by 13 pc | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

why am i feeling something bad about this??:angel:

Because yr an indian

clearly u've interpreted my statement wrongly..u think a megre 13% of ur defence budget can be a threat to india??even after increase our defence budget is still 7 times larger than urs

let me rephrase it..ur forex reserves are all time low. any fdi s or fii coming to ur country are unlikely.ur manufacturing sector is in a bad shape u have a bad infrastructure.u have loans to pay.u have health and education to look after u have jobs to provide.and no to mention the insurgencies..now read the heading again..its 20% of ur overall budget allocation

clearly u've interpreted my statement wrongly..u think a megre 13% of ur defence budget can be a threat to india??even after increase our defence budget is still 7 times larger than urs

let me rephrase it..ur forex reserves are all time low. any fdi s or fii coming to ur country are unlikely.ur manufacturing sector is in a bad shape u have a bad infrastructure.u have loans to pay.u have health and education to look after u have jobs to provide.and no to mention the insurgencies..now read the heading again..

But brother we also have the largest population of people living in poverty, even greater than sub sahara, our position is worse.

But brother we also have the largest population of people living in poverty, even greater than sub sahara, our position is worse.

but we dont spend 20% of our total budget on defence do we?and regarding poverty its 25% of our population

Brother even pakistan and china dont spend 20%. And regrading 25% figure, I think you do know anyone in our country earning more than Rs 32 a day is not in poverty line.

did u even read the post?or tough time with maths?

I don't want to troll,but Pak Rupee is standing low from previous year(around previous year,it was around .012 dollar per rupee).what was previous year budget and how new defence budget is comparable with previous budget in terms of Pak Rupee??how much hike actually happeded in terms of previous year rupee exchange rate??any Idea??

did u even read the post?or tough time with maths?

he is a false flagger.stop replying him..there is already a thread on him urging not to reply.it will only lead to your own humiliation..

let me rephrase it..ur forex reserves are all time low. any fdi s or fii coming to ur country are unlikely.ur manufacturing sector is in a bad shape u have a bad infrastructure.u have loans to pay.u have health and education to look after u have jobs to provide.and no to mention the insurgencies..now read the heading again..its 20% of ur overall budget allocation
We r not yr country to become a threat for any other country.
We r just a peaceful nation with defensive forces.

again..im not saying ur a threat to any other country..i m saying during this tough times instead of spending 20% of ur over all budget on defence u can use it for better purposes..u have every right to have a strong defence forces im not contesting it.im just saying that pakistan is not going to a war with any other country atleast in the near future.

I don't want to troll,but Pak Rupee is standing low from previous year(around previous year,it was around .012 dollar per rupee).what was previous year budget and how new defence budget is comparable with previous budget in terms of Pak Rupee??how much hike actually happeded in terms of previous year rupee exchange rate??any Idea??

he is a false flagger.stop replying him..there is already a thread on him urging not to reply.it will only lead to your own humiliation..

hes just a kid compared to many here..cant sustain long here.im just tryin to be as patient as possible..not necessary to fear these false flaggers or trolls.

What will happen to all those poor people in Pakistan....Pakistan should concentrate on its poverty....

Uhh.... Uhh..Uhh..Uhh Come again...

On Topic : With the kind of threat they getting from TTP and other Terrorist organisation they definatly need to increase their defence Budget...

u cant call someone this or that is against forum rules.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom