What's new

'Contempt of Court' case against Imran Khan: Updates & Discussions.

A very good Chitrol and Honorable courts have graciously allowed IK to give detailed answer on 28th August. More power to CJ

Nothing of the sort is going to happen. Maligning the honorable courts will NOT be tolerated, we are not living in Musharaf's lala-land anymore.

honourable my foot .. choor tu khazanay k rakhwali pe betiya ha

Breaking:
SC has given time till 28th August to re-submit written reply on the Contempt Court case.

971200_402913419810569_1628724798_n.jpg

Itna ****** to Raja Rental or yusuf gillani ko bhi nahi kiya jitna imran khan ko kiya hai. Ufff. Garoor ka sar neecha. You should always think 100 times before you say something. I hope Khan saab doesnt repeat this idiotic habbit again. Imran khan, soch k bola karo meri jaan. Ye bachon ka khel nahi hai

Court has become too politicized and is handing contempt notice to everybody who is criticizing its decisions left, right and center. The decisions can and will be criticized because they are not Gospel. The sooner CJ realizes it, the better.

Read Babar Sattar's article.

- Courts asked IK to justify terms like 'shameless conduct' etc and he could not defend it. One justice asked what yardstick is IK using for claiming KPK judiciary (the ROs primarily) conducted themself properly while Punjab judiciary (again ROs) was not conducting itself properly. No answer on that.

- Courts asked how with 20,000 cases in backlog IK was making statements that his cases are not being heard within days? no answer

- Courts required if IK has grievances why he did not go to tribunal for appeal and tackle the case legally - no answer. That is the real issue, why malign courts and ignore the proper legal avenue?

- Court has clearly dictated that maligning an individual can be ignored but maligning an institute will NOT be tolerated.

- Court even graciously gave IK a lot of time till 28th August. No one is playing God, IK has all the time in the world to either justify his stance or apologize.

Imran Khan's reply 'insufficient' in the contempt of court case: SC

Published: August 2, 2013

ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court deemed Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf Chairman Imran Khan’s verbal and written reply both as “insufficient” during the hearing of the contempt of court case, Express News reported on Friday.

The bench was headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry and comprised of Justice Jawwad S Khwaja and Justice Azmat Saaed.

Imran’s lawyer arrived from the US last night, therefore a brief verbal response was delivered. The court expressed dissatisfaction over the verbal reply and adjourned the hearing till 11:30am (today) for a better, written response.

Imran and his lawyer were in court before the allotted time with the written two-paragraph reply.

In his reply he stated that he did not use the word “shameful” for the judiciary, rather for the presiding officer in the election process.

“Can such words be used for the judiciary?” asked Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry had earlier asked during the hearing.

CJ Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry added that since Imran is a leader and public figure, such words and statements are not expected from him.

Lawyer Hamid Khan said Imran had complaints regarding the Election Commission of Pakistan however Imran holds no disrespect for the court or the judiciary.

Imran stated that he and the party strongly support the judiciary and had worked hard during the movement for restoration of the judiciary.

“The restoration of the judiciary had been on my agenda. I had also spent eight days in jail for that”, said Imran in court.

The court deemed the replies as inadequate. The words allegedly used for the judiciary can be punishable by law according to the court’s decision at the end of the hearing.

The court has allotted Imran Khan time till August 28 to submit a written, detailed response.

Imran Khan had vowed on Thursday that he would stand by his stance, even if it meant he is sentenced and disqualified from being elected into the assemblies. The PTI chief asked if a citizen of Pakistan had the right to seek justice from the Supreme Court over the alleged rigging during the May 11, 2013 elections.

“If this is contempt, then I do not think they know the meaning of contempt.”

haha..... mujhay aaj pata chala k sharamnaak gali hai :omghaha:

First time in my life, I've come to know that saying 'shameless conduct' is an abuse: Imran Khan

1000519_10151530353471766_229346855_n.jpg

533695_10151530350706766_1467193923_n.jpg

1097990_10151530348126766_1072492692_n.jpg

Looks like SC only had problem with word 'Shameless Conduct', entire focus was on this word: Dunya News

Itna ****** to Raja Rental or yusuf gillani ko bhi nahi kiya jitna imran khan ko kiya hai. Ufff. Garoor ka sar neecha. You should always think 100 times before you say something. I hope Khan saab doesnt repeat this idiotic habbit again. Imran khan, soch k bola karo meri jaan. Ye bachon ka khel nahi hai

jasi tumhari shakal gandi ha wasi he batain kartay hoo ..tumhain khan se problem kya ha ..bachpan mei kuch hoa tha?

pathi pari the kannay dajjal k ..he said imran khan azeem admi hain , barey leader hain wagara wagara ..
ganjay k tarah mulk choor k bagtay nhie ..daat k haq k leya karey hotay hain ... munafiq nhie hain pehlay khud attack karyain aur mafi mangyain .. bhie kuch tu self respect rakh ley apni .thorey se passeon k leya kitna giro gay

judges want an apology, they adjourned hearing till 28th, guess the judges are politically motivated...

i think supreme court is making a big deal of a small event but imran khan really needs to chill out and calm down. let go of that boiling pathan blood and think clearly. just apologize or else he may get in big trouble. right now his focus should be running kpk and making it a model province. all else comes second.

his after court media talk may make things worse. however i get the feeling the courts will let it go after they have "played" with him a little and thought him a lesson.

- Courts asked IK to justify terms like 'shameless conduct' etc and he could not defend it. One justice asked what yardstick is IK using for claiming KPK judiciary (the ROs primarily) conducted themself properly while Punjab judiciary (again ROs) was not conducting itself properly. No answer on that.

- Courts asked how with 20,000 cases in backlog IK was making statements that his cases are not being heard within days? no answer

- Courts required if IK has grievances why he did not go to tribunal for appeal and tackle the case legally - no answer. That is the real issue, why malign courts and ignore the proper legal avenue?

- Court has clearly dictated that maligning an individual can be ignored but maligning an institute will NOT be tolerated.

- Court even graciously gave IK a lot of time till 28th August. No one is playing God, IK has all the time in the world to either justify his stance or apologize.

bhie yeh back loog PML N k petition mei kiun nhie hota ..woh tu 4 bajay jatay hain 6 bajay sab ko sunay bagar fasila ho jata ha

imran khan needs to realize that he has to pick his battles. fighting the courts is not going to get him favours. if PPP at its strength and gilani as a PM was not able to stand upto to the courts then what can imran khan do.

I stand by each & every word I said.ByShameful,I mean-Its a shame that RO's didn't fulfill thr responsibility to conduct fair elections- IK

imran khan needs to realize that he has to pick his battles. fighting the courts is not going to get him favours. if PPP at its strength and gilani as a PM was not able to stand upto to the courts then what can imran khan do.

you have a point here, it was also unnecessary to hit mqm also, keep the focus on KPK and exposing nawaz kingo !

The word "Shameless" was the bone of contention throughout the hearing today: Dunya News

Back
Top Bottom