What's new

Chinese President Hu Jintao warns

I don't understand why Indian members are laughing at this, cause India is facing the the exact same challenge. Take media distortion aside, what Hu meant was not rejecting Western dress, food, science, class Western music etc. Instead, he is talking about certain western culture element like over individualism, including drugs, certain reality shows, girls over exposing themselves, care free sexes etc that are against traditional eastern values that are shared by Indians as well. For instance, both Indians and Chinese believe that the children should take care of their parents but this value is definitely threatened, at least in China. Actually even in United State religious people are against certain reality shows and pop songs. This has nothing to do with inferior complex etc. It is just a struggle between traditional value vs modern materialism that is addictive.

It only becomes an issue if you start "disowning" your own culture.

She is not attractive for the Chinese standard of beauty.

Her facial structure looks manly, especially her jaw.

Then can you pls explain to me what is the Chinese Standard of Beauty. Can you post ant picture of this seemingly unattainable standard. No offence bro, but whenever a Chinese lady is seen with a guy of another race, Chinese try to trash talk about her with comments like yours.

BTW, i honestly haven't seen any truly attractive Chinese women hooked with the white guys, maybe in the eyes the white guys, those fugly Chinese women represented the stereotyped oriental beauty in the Hollywood.

Then can you pls explain to me what is the Chinese Standard of Beauty. Can you post ant picture of this seemingly unattainable standard. No offence bro, but whenever a Chinese lady is seen with a guy of another race, Chinese try to trash talk about her with comments like yours.

Most of the Chinese women who hang out with the white guys are belong to Lucy Liu type.

Ask to any Chinese member here if Lucy Liu is attractive to him, maybe she represents the Hollywood version of the oriental beauty, but not for most of Chinese.

All the western pattern things in China just affectations of some chinese young people,no real concern should be there.

Asians are the most prone to inferiority complex. I believe this is because of their collectivist culture which discourages free thought, individuality, self-confidence and self-love.

This is why in the west you don't see many Asian celebrities and why Asian men are hugely marginalized socially even though they are very successful financially. Heck, a lot of celebrities in Asia grew up in the west. They also can't hold down their women. Any white guy can come to Asia and take their women because Asian males are so beta.

A lot of people in the west don't believe Asia can lead the world because of this inferiority complex. As a college student in a big American city, I can attest that Asian men are the least assertive, confident, aggressive, or personable.

When you are all these things, it's very easy to be influenced.

Asians or Asian Americans? Totally different people.

In my school, Asian international graduate students are pretty assertive and confident. About 1/3 the student body here is Asian American, and they're completely different.

When we go to the beach, the Asian graduate students (mostly Chinese, some Koreans) all wear shorts and no shirt (males) or bikinis (females). The Asian-Americans that come along often wear much more conservative clothing. They're the ones who still wear jeans and shirts on the beach.

Since you are in the Midwest, you probably see much more Asian Americans than Asians. My guess is that Asian Americans are less assertive than Asians because as a minority, they have been trained, so to speak, to not speak out against the dominant culture for survival reasons, and not be assertive.

Asian students have not had this pressure. In Asia, there's no less interaction between students and between teacher and student than in the US, and sometimes even more. All I know is, in my physics classes that I've taught, that I will ask "are there any additional questions or comments", met with silence, then they will keep getting that 1 problem wrong over and over again and never ask me. In China, if a student gets marked off, they will challenge the teacher, ask them what's wrong, even if the teacher has a no regrade policy. I don't want to talk too much theory, but I think confidence can be measured by, how much are you willing to challenge your teacher?

Some Chinese ladies from the 1930s, natural beauty, no plastic surgery.

Even i find them hot in black and white photo. :P

1160706469762.jpg

Wendi is indeed deemed ugly by Chinese's standard. In Korea, Japan, China and Vietnam, a beautiful girl typically means feminine, small, appear helpless with porcelain skins.

Famous Tibeten girl in China:
000c76c701830a341df434.jpg

Famous Han girl in China:
F200812050831585468506851.jpg

Famous Uyghur girl in China:
7521473_781285.jpg

Yeah the bollywood ones still look human without makeup. Those things are borderline aliens.

I have reasons to use Indian actresses as examples. So you could imagine how good those everyday beeftarians would look like without make ups - One of a kind Aliens :lol:

Not prone to the inferiority complex, but we don't want our next generation to be prone to the trashy culture of the West like sex/drug/school dropout.

We are always humble to study the good side of the western culture if it is better.

BTW, i honestly haven't seen any truly attractive Chinese women hooked with the white guys, maybe in the eyes the white guys, those fugly Chinese women represented the stereotyped oriental beauty in the Hollywood. :coffee:

if you notice, Chinese international students rarely have this sort of relationships with the natives, but Asian Americans have far more.

also in Asia, there SEEMS to be alot of this situation, but that's just the law of probability. In Britain, Anglo-Chinese refers to the descendents of male Chinese sailors and working class British females from the 19th and early 20th centuries.

For modern day, take a look at Guangdong Province numbers from 2006, when China was just as poor as the Philippines.

¹ã¶«ÉæÍâ»éÒöÊý¾Ý ¹ã¶«Ê¡Õþ¸®ÃÅ»§ÍøÕ¾

Marriage statistics of Chinese-Foreign relationships in Guangdong

其中广东居民14531人(男性5312人,女性9219人)
外国人及外籍华人3774人
华侨1669人
香港居民6005人
澳门居民2014人
台湾居民1079人

Chinese citizens living in Guangdong: 5312 males, 9219 females
Foreign citizens: 3774
Chinese citizens living overseas: 1669
Chinese residents of Hong Kong: 6005
Chinese residents of Macao: 2014
Chinese residents of Taiwan: 1079

As you see, 90% of "foreign marriages" are actually between Chinese nationals, and 85% between PRC nationals.

Back
Top Bottom