What's new

China's Inner Mongolia 'under heavy security'

I didn't said indian don't have culture before the islam or british era. It is just sad for you that you can't protect your culture from almost every invader.
Oh you did? then why the Mughals becomes an Indian emperor? Before that and after that countless Khans and Captain British came and conquer these land and left their footprint what you call as cultural diversity.

I didn't said indian don't have culture before the islam or british era. It is just sad for you that you can't protect your culture from almost every invader.

Of course we did.. I'm still Hindu aren't I? 80%+ is still Hindu while we also have Muslims, Buddhists, Christians, Sikhs, Jews, Parsis, Bahais etc that have contributed enormously to our culture that we have today. You are either very delusional as you have no idea what you're talking about.

Actually nope. Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism even Sikhism have very similar mantras (maybe not Sikhism so much), rituals as well as culture and the conception of Karma, Yoga, the idea of Dharma, Samsara etc... I know other foreign religions were introduced in China, but Buddhism still is the largest religion in China.

I don't wanna go into mudslinging. But when you mentioned Indians having culture only when Islam and the British came, that made me mad.

Indian Buddhism may have the same origin as Hinduism but what we had in China has self-sinicized almost immediately after it was introduced in China (so as to survive) and has almost nothing to do with its origin.

Whether it is the largest religion in China today I don't know I don't care as long as it does not bother me in daily life. But I'd rather like Buddhism more than Christian, afterall it has been in China for thousands years and have proved harmless.

Let me explain.

So, it is the Mongols and Manchus who are at fault.

The Han Chinese, as per you, merely 'retained' the land!!

How marvellous and how kind. Merely retained the land!! Why? It would vanish into thin air? What logic is that? Isn't it pure garbage and tripe?

Mongols conquered China and formed the Yuan dynasty which included Mongolia and China as one state.

When the Yuan dynasty collapsed - the Mongols retreated and some of their land north of the Great Wall was rightly claimed.

The manchurians conquered all of Mongolia and it is they who encouraged Han migration.

I find it arrogant and outrageous that you are shameful enough to state that Inner Mongolians, if they want to maintain their identity, they should go to Outer Mongolia. You steal their land and then tell them that if they don't adopt to your Chinese ways, they should leave their land, hearth and home and go off to Outer Mongolia.

It is arrogant and outrageous but not surprising. This is just what I have been discussing at length on this forum about Han Arrogance! You steal the land, change the demography, impose your language and culture and then tell the Majority (the real inhabitants of the land) to buzz off if they want to retain their identity. You can do so, since you have made yourself the majority by dubious and devious means. This is what is historical of Han Chinese arrogance. Humiliate the indigenous people into accepting the Han culture and being called Han!!

Thank you you prove my point that has been so vehemently denied by other Han Chinese.

Inner mongolia is an autonomous region; The chairman is mongolian himself. Mongolian is one of the offical languages and uses traditional mongolian script - as opposed to Outer Mongolia which uses Cyrilic.

Mongols conquered China and formed the Yuan dynasty which included Mongolia and China as one state.

When the Yuan dynasty collapsed - the Mongols retreated and some of their land north of the Great Wall was rightly claimed.

The manchurians conquered all of Mongolia and it is they who encouraged Han migration.

Inner mongolia is an autonomous region; The chairman is mongolian himself. Mongolian is one of the offical languages and uses traditional mongolian script - as opposed to Outer Mongolia which uses Cyrilic.

Isn't it funny how someone can use the word arrogrant so many times and not know the history of the region, honestly :hitwall:

Isn't it funny how someone can use the word arrogrant so many times and not know the history of the region, honestly :hitwall:

Funny isn't it?

Funnier when tangential arguments are bandied as history!!

Inner Mongolia is autonomous region with 80% Han!!:rofl:

It is like Singapore Flag having the crescent and the interesting explanation!

And Malay as Singapore's National Language with 74.1 % of the population being Chinese!

Funny as that!!

Language is one input.

Changing the demography is the second. Make the Majority into a nondescript minority. Let the years pass and then claim that it was always Han. Let me give you an example - all area below the Yellow River. Aren't they all Han? And also Hongkong, Macau and even Taiwan?
Not really. Han is a what a number of united and assimilated tribes call themselve.

Then having made the Han the majority by huge numbers as in Inner Mongolia (80%), impose the Han culture and way of life and ridicule the original people. Humiliate the originals as primitive and barbarians.
Oh boo hoo. Inner Mongolia is less crowded than other parts of China, you want to blame Han people for finding some empty space to live? Find me any evidence that suggest Mongolian way of life is eroded because of Han.

Control their religion and make their religion die by all sorts of obstacles to maintain their religion (Xinjiang and Tibet are the modern examples).
If Islamic extremism and Buddhist theocracy can be prevented, why not?

I am afraid you are the leader as the purveyor of garbage, horse manure and bilge water not anyone else.

Let me explain.

So, it is the Mongols and Manchus who are at fault.
Says who? They willingly added their land into China when they conquered China and even adopted Han culture.

The Han Chinese, as per you, merely 'retained' the land!!

How marvellous and how kind. Merely retained the land!! Why? It would vanish into thin air? What logic is that? Isn't it pure garbage and tripe?
What is this faggotry? Speak properly.

I find it arrogant and outrageous that you are shameful enough to state that Inner Mongolians, if they want to maintain their identity, they should go to Outer Mongolia. You steal their land and then tell them that if they don't adopt to your Chinese ways, they should leave their land, hearth and home and go off to Outer Mongolia.
To prove they share the same sentiment as you they would do it. Alas they don't. It can't be stolen if it was previously owned as part of Yuan, Qing and ROC. Got a problem with successor state retaining its previous lands?

It is arrogant and outrageous but not surprising. This is just what I have been discussing at length on this forum about Han Arrogance! You steal the land, change the demography, impose your language and culture and then tell the Majority (the real inhabitants of the land) to buzz off if they want to retain their identity. You can do so, since you have made yourself the majority by dubious and devious means. This is what is historical of Han Chinese arrogance. Humiliate the indigenous people into accepting the Han culture and being called Han!!
Same bs all over. If their identity were that threaten, you will see them seeking refuge, taking up arms. Moreover, do you think all natives retain or live in their traditional way of life? Some live in a city and have a job. Some are only what they are because it says so on their birth certificate.

If you feel that the Mongolians don't care about their ethnicity, may I ask you, do you care?
Actually, I'm not saying they don't, just not to your degree.

Why are you a Chinese? Why do you speak Chinese and why do you have all the Dragons roaming around the street on Chinese New Year and have the red letter bombs and all that. Why gather the family around at this time?
Because throughout generations, my ancestors retain our culture.

Why do you speak Chinese? Speak Malay and forget Chinese altogether.

Why must you remain a Buddhist/ Christian Chinese?
I know Malay as well as Mandarin Chinese. I actually neglected learning both for Enlgish when I study in Australia. I don't f*cking complain about it. And I don't have a religion.

You should become a Malay Muslim.
In Malaysia, your ethnicity is determined by your parents', you can't magically become a Malay. In Malaysia, native Malays other natives have special privilege. In China, minorities have special privilege.

Or if you are bothered, then why don't you go to China.
They don't need me, they have enough people.

Not really. Han is a what a number of united and assimilated tribes call themselve.

Oh boo hoo. Inner Mongolia is less crowded than other parts of China, you want to blame Han people for finding some empty space to live? Find me any evidence that suggest Mongolian way of life is eroded because of Han.

Says who? They willingly added their land into China when they conquered China and even adopted Han culture.

To prove they share the same sentiment as you they would do it. Alas they don't. It can't be stolen if it was previously owned as part of Yuan, Qing and ROC. Got a problem with successor state retaining its previous lands?

Same bs all over. If their identity were that threaten, you will see them seeking refuge, taking up arms. Moreover, do you think all natives retain or live in their traditional way of life? Some live in a city and have a job. Some are only what they are because it says so on their birth certificate.

I know Malay as well as Mandarin Chinese. I actually neglected learning both for Enlgish when I study in Australia. I don't f*cking complain about it. And I don't have a religion.

In Malaysia, your ethnicity is determined by your parents', you can't magically become a Malay. In Malaysia, native Malays other natives have special privilege. In China, minorities have special privilege.

Very droll but well said.

No point arguing with him it seems, he's got his head stuck in a bucket singing the lala song.

Funny isn't it?

Inner Mongolia is autonomous region with 80% Han!!:rofl:

And Malay as Singapore's National Language with 74.1 % of the population being Chinese!

Funny as that!!

As funny as your face turning red from repeating yourself, actually I'm not even sure why we're debating with you here. Inner Mongolia belongs to China and you can't do squat. So babble on

Yes, it is called assimilation.

It is being done in Tibet and Xinjiang right now.

They will also call themselves soon as Hans.

And then you will go fudging history!

What has crowd got to do with it?

It is not the question of empty space etc. It is the question of changing demography, so that the indigenous people cannot rebel. Noted the way the rebellion was suppressed in Tibet and Urumchi in Xinjiang?

In Urumchi 73% are Hans and 12.3% are Uyghurs!

Are you aware as to what the Han Chinese govts pay as incentives to settle in areas to change the demography?

n China’s “Great Western Development Drive”, a campaign launched in 2000, Xinjiang and its natural resources were identified as crucial to China’s energy hungry economy. With similar policies in Tibet, the Chinese government have set economic incentives to draw Han people to these frontier provinces, with the aim of "promoting stability" and encouraging development. Decades of forced migration have brought the Han population in Xinjiang from five per cent in the 1940s, to around 40 per cent today.
Of Birds and Beasts

Now, note the demographic change.

Since the beginning of the 1960s, Beijing has been encouraging Han Chinese to settle in the region. As a result, the Han population of Xinjiang rose from 10% in 1955 to an estimated 40-50% in 1994, out of a total population of 16 million. The numbers of ethnic Han settlers in Xinjiang has risen from less than half a million in 1953 to 7.5 million by 2000.
Policy Research Group - Strategic Insight - China's Ethnic Minorities: Problems Of Integration

Now, the incentives to Han to settle in these far flung areas.

Incentives to Chinese immigrants include altitude allowance, remoteness bonus, tax concessions, fewer hours, longer holidays and greater market opportunities than in China. Professional and official wages are the highest in China and are made up of over 30% bonuses. Many Tibetans allege that officials refuse work and residence permits to migrating Tibetans but encourage Chinese to accept them or even work without them. This is particularly true of shopkeepers and tradesmen
Tibet Facts 1

Resettlement Policy: A Chinese Tradition

Tibetans allege that many of the Chinese workers, often recently retired soldiers, are given jobs in Tibet for security reasons-to help control and infiltrate the local populace, and to take up arms if required. This security function of resettlement was explicit during China's mass settlement campaigns in Manchuria in the late-19th century, and in Xinjiang during the 1950s. Manchuria now has a population of 75 million Chinese to some three million Manchus; Inner Mongolia has about 8 5 million Chinese to two million Mongols and Xinjiang has seven million Chinese to about five million Uygurs. In the days when these countries were opened up to Chinese settlement-roughly 100, 70, and 40 years ago respectively-the policies of mass resettlement and assimilation were quite explicit, and even in the 1980s Chinese officials were still referring to the great opportunity the western regions held. for absorbing China's expanding population.
Tibet Facts 1

Extremism can always be stopped. No one will hold that against anyone.

But religion?

Note the Chinese control over normal religious activities.

Persecution in China.

Christians

Today, as many as 50-100 million Christians are meeting "illegally in private homes, fields and even caves, defying a government ban on such gatherings," according to World Christian Broadcasting. They risk their lives to worship God outside the boundaries of the government-controlled "Three Self Patriotic Movement" churches. These brave men and women serve a higher authority and have chosen to affirm the words of the apostle Peter, "We must obey God rather than men." (Acts 5:29) Their lives demonstrate a perseverance, joy and peace in Christ that defies comprehension but proves the irrepressible power of God's unchanging gospel in today's fast-changing world.
Controlling the "Church" in China

Islamism and the State

China maintains an intricate system of control over its Muslim minorities. China’s Islamic educational institutions, which span grades 1 through 12, are closely monitored by the region’s Commission on Religious and Ethnic Affairs (CREA), and its teachers and clergy are thoroughly vetted by the parallel Islamic Association to ensure they do not harbor extremist ideas or tendencies. As a practical matter, this has meant the creation of a series of state‐sponsored and tightly‐controlled religious schools for Chinese Muslims.Yet, policies that compel students and government workers to eat during the holy month of Ramadan have faced the most pushback. In 2007, one university in Kashgar forced students to eat during the day by locking its gates and putting glass shards atop the campus walls to prevent them from returning home after dark to break the daily fast.
China | The World Almanac of Islamism

Mosques are strictly controlled by the authorities and all the imam-hatybs are state-appointed. Posters on mosques declare that children under 18 cannot attend, while an unofficial order bans employees of state-run companies from attending under threat of dismissal
The Muslim News

Therefore, it is not a case of extremism. Even normal religion is controlled.

Every effort is made to BREAK RELIGION!

Imagine making Muslims eat during day during their Holy month!!

Not done anywhere in the world!!

Right. Good point.

Willingly people place themselves under alien rulers!

New logic!!

If that is not garbage, what is?

Hans willingly placed themselves subservient to the Manchus?

Hans willingly let Japanese rule them and willing allowed the Nanking Massacre?

China willing gave away Hong Kong to the British?

Come, come, please do not pile people with your hallucinatory explanations!

You seem to be enamoured by faggotry.

I am afraid I am straight and I wrote it quite straight.

Maybe under your the spell of hallucination that you are indicating, you have not understood the subtlety of the statement!!

They don't?

Or is it they can't?

Remember the ratio?

20:80!!

Chinese Imperialism and the current neo Imperialism ensured that the indigenous people become a minority from a majority for just this scenario - when the riot to demand their rights!!

Obfuscation at its best!

Juvenile!

Muzzled people can't.

So, you insist your culture and your identity is preserved in a Muslim Nation and yet you find it uncomfortable to let the same be applied in China.

By the Han logic why should you not be made into a Malay and follow Malay culture?

And 92% of China is Han? So, all were Han? Right from the beginning all Chinese were 92% Han? So, why the conquests? So, why were those not Han called barbarians and then when they agreed to be Hans, all was well?

You may speak Esperanto, if you wish.

But why are you not a Malay? You live in Malaysia, don't you?

By your logic that Inner Mongolians should go to Outer Mongolia if they wanted to maintain their ethnicity, you should then become a Malay!

And why do Chinese from Malaysia go to Australia to study?

Malaysia is not good enough for you?

Eat, live and survive on Malaysia, but bolt to Australia for education!

It is always easy to say one has no religion. Then why have follow Chinese rituals?

Culture is a flows out of religious beliefs. If it weren't so, then all would have the same rituals and culture.

True.

They can do without you since they are suffering from a serious drought.

However, by your logic, where the Inner Mongolians, if the want to exert their identity should go to Outer Mongolia, you too should be off to China since you do not want to be a Malay or ensure your children and grandchildren become Malay by marrying a Malay Muslim!!

As funny as your face turning red from repeating yourself, actually I'm not even sure why we're debating with you here. Inner Mongolia belongs to China and you can't do squat. So babble on

actually you don't debate.

You spawn Chinese Communist propaganda as history!

I am afraid you are turning not only red in the face, but black and blue too! ;)

You obfuscated as is your wont and did not reply a 'squat' to the issues raised in the post!

Funny isn't it?

Inner Mongolia is autonomous region with 80% Han!!

Funny as that!!
Original Post By Tiki Tam Tam

And to imagine you fly the Singapore Flag as your country!!

It is very interesting a phenomenon that you know all about China but know fanny adams about your own country - Singapore!

I did not know Singapore is a part of China, but your 'knowledge' indicating loyalty does indicate something! ;)

I am afraid you are turning not only red in the face, but black and blue too! ;)

You obfuscated as is your wont and did not reply a 'squat' to the issues raised in the post!

It is very interesting a phenomenon that you know all about China but know fanny adams about your own country - Singapore!

I did not know Singapore is a part of China, but your 'knowledge' indicating loyalty does indicate something! ;)

If you say so Tin-man, Insult Singapore China, Chinese etc but in reality what can you do.. Nothing :rofl:

i suppose you can debate, with '0' chinese history and 100% wiki researches as i said long time ago you are indeed a professor``:)

with your disgusting personal agenda you arent going anywhere with your funny theories`:P

i suppose you can debate, with '0' chinese history and 100% wiki researches as i said long time ago you are indeed a professor``:)

with your disgusting personal agenda you arent going anywhere with your funny theories`:P

Nah he's arguments are a joke, look at his rebuttal to maxx most doesn't event make any sense. As said he lives in a Tin can around his head.

Back
Top Bottom