What's new

China to make public Pak N-deal on June 24

I didn't say that it was the amount allocated for the construction. Of course that will be in billions (51.05 Bn for CHANSUPP-II). I was saying that something has been allocated. Might be for land, might be for carrying further feasibility studies. Last year this amount wasn't released due to dwindling finances.

I'm not sure about the 1000MW thing. Setting up a 1000MW reactor isn't easy. We haven't produced an indigenous one of any substantiative output and we're directly aiming at 1000MW. That is too big to dream. Designs on paper, tested theoretically or model analysis in a computerised environment are not enough to directly aim for a 1000MW reactor. KANUPP-II might be the 300MW one and KANUPP-III a 1000MW one. KANUPP-III might clearly take a decade or more.

We've slumbered too long over NPPs. Our sole focus on producing more and more plutonium is pointless. We have enough war heads to destroy South Asia many times over.

Also, focusing on China solely is a bad option. China has produced a stable, efficient 1000MW design but overall it still lacks the nuclear power experience and isn't that far ahead in the technology. If we start even looking for other options, China mind karay ga, but we certainly need to explore other options, albeit they are very limited for us.

yes agree,

seems like Government's target of generating 8800MW of electricity from nuclear by 2030 will be missing once again

We have will/intent to build these reactors but unfortunately got no money and sellers

TOI is hate speech at its worst, there does not seem to be much moderation and profanities pass through very easily.

I guess Indians complain about our extremists but overlook their own online extremists.

☪☪☪☪;950469 said:
Dinesh Mumbai 24 Jun, 2010 12:22 AM
Like a joker we spent years and months to get a global nuclear deal and even dragged our political system in chaos between Congress and Left parties, and Pakistan got in days from China making Pakistan eligible to get similar deals from any other country. Our PM's so called years of efforts

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

Pakistanis have Super Natural Powers According to this Indian
Raj Delhi 23 Jun, 2010 11:32 PM
It proves pakistan is a snake that can swallow up even china. Where did they get so much power from? They must be in hands in glove with the devil!

I can't Stop Laughing :rofl:

TOI is hate speech at its worst, there does not seem to be much moderation and profanities pass through very easily.

I guess Indians complain about our extremists but overlook their own online extremists.

even the moderators are extremists in TOI ...

Write some bad words against India , comments will be never be published :D

Write some Bad Words against Pakistan . comments will be posted within seconds .:woot:

even the moderators are extremists in TOI ...

Write some bad words against India , comments will be never be published :D

Write some Bad Words against Pakistan . comments will be posted within seconds .:woot:

No, some very offensive comments against India are posted too. Some of the names used are hilarious.

its funny to see some Pakistain members visit ToI :lol:

for me even visiting that site is a time waste

1100978365-1.gif

Big tah for those who have probs with PAK- China Nuke deal

and then some indian members will come saying India threatened China and she has now stopped helping Pakistan :lol:

I just can't stop laughing on this comment whenever some illusional indian member comes/joins to this forum.

I love u Chinese brossssssss,,,,,, for Indian I have two words for u all.

" suck it"
:china::china::china::china::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

I did not understand why these reactors are too expensive?

i mean 2.375 billion dollars for only two reactors having generation capacity of only 325 MW each? :woot:

Is it possible like several newspapers mentioned recently that its going to be 650MW of reactor each and we did not care much about that news considering it poor journalism?

Is it possible if thats 650 + 650 = 1300MW in total :woot:

afterall the money is huge

I did not understand why these reactors are too expensive?

i mean 2.375 billion dollars for only two reactors having generation capacity of only 325 MW each? :woot:

Is it possible like several newspapers mentioned recently that its going to be 650MW of reactor each and we did not care much about that news considering it poor journalism?

Is it possible if thats 650 + 650 = 1300MW in total :woot:

afterall the money is huge

I thought it said 650 megawatts each?

On Thursday China said the reactors are for peaceful purposes, and will accept the IAEA's inspection. China joined the NSG in 2004 but has already built one reactor and started a second at Chashma, Punjab. The latest two reactors in the region will generate 650 megawatts each.
China may finance Pakistan reactors - People's Daily Online

Back
Top Bottom