What's new

China to make public Pak N-deal on June 24

China will not only build the reactors but it will also finance it :smitten:

:china::tup:

china has already said that chashma 3 n 4 area a part of previous agreement with pakistan..in such a case NSG rules dont apply..

China will not only build the reactors but it will also finance it :smitten:

:china::tup:

not only Financial help but i am very much optimistic we will be grabbing some Transfer of Technology too :bunny: (through the backdoor)

We build small reactors back in 1980s. We have good experience in Chashma Nuclear reactors. We have KANNUP since 1970s i am sure we will have good knowledge in this field by now. Chinese may provide some additional technology after getting approval from NSG ;)

china-pakistan-flag.jpg

This is meant to show the world standing of China, they wanted to prove to everyone that they can do as they please now.

I for one could not be more happy or proud.

not only Financial help but i am very much optimistic we will be grabbing some Transfer of Technology too :bunny: (through the backdoor)

We build small reactors back in 1980s. We have good experience in Chashma Nuclear reactors. We have KANNUP since 1970s i am sure we will have good knowledge in this field by now. Chinese may provide some additional technology after getting approval from NSG ;)

KANUPP-II is our own indigenous design. Start of construction was delayed last July due to lack of available funds. Funds are most likely to be released by October.

n kanupp is running on extra 15 year life..oh we are genius!

KANUPP-II is our own indigenous design. Start of construction was delayed last July due to lack of available funds. Funds are most likely to be released by October.

But KANNUP-II was supposed to be 1000MW reactor and there is not any official confirmation saying the project was ever soon to be started. Last report appeared in 2009 confirmed that the Land was bought near KANNUP existing reactor and the funds will be released soon. I am sure they were supposed to involve any foreign country otherwise IAEA would be crying like a dog :lol:

I believe we do not have enough technology to build 1000MW reactor indegeniously otherwise we would not be going to China for merely 325MW reactor :confused:

n kanupp is running on extra 15 year life..oh we are genius!

Even though adequate measures were taken and the reactor is working on a far less gruesome operational basis, it is nonetheless dangerous. A calculated risk is still dangerous and this is an elevated risk.

But KANNUP-II was supposed to be 1000MW reactor and there is not any official confirmation saying the project was ever soon to be started. Last report appeared in 2009 confirmed that the Land was bought near KANNUP existing reactor and the funds will be released soon. I am sure they were supposed to involve any foreign country otherwise IAEA would be crying like a dog :lol:

I believe we do not have enough technology to build 1000MW reactor indegeniously otherwise we would not be going to China for merely 325MW reactor :confused:

PSDP 2010-2011

Project Name : Development of Project Team for site Development & Installation of 300 MW and 1000 MW Nuclear Power Plants in Karachi

Total Expenditure : 363.500 Million
Release for this Year : 55.094 Million
Throw Forward : 308.406 Million

Hence, at least the project development and consultation is continued.

PSDP 2010-2011

Project Name : Development of Project Team for site Development & Installation of 300 MW and 1000 MW Nuclear Power Plants in Karachi

Total Expenditure : 363.500 Million
Release for this Year : 55.094 Million
Throw Forward : 308.406 Million

Hence, at least the project development and consultation is continued.

yes but maximum we can do is prepare feasibility report and ask government to find a contractor who can build these reactors for us. That will again raise concerns from NSG, UN and the United States. Last news i read, confirmed 585 acres of land was purchased for 385 million rupees to set up KANUP-II, III, IV and V having capacity of 325MW each.
Source: PAEC to set up more power plants by year 2030

and there are some other sources confirming KANNUP 2 and 3 will be 1000MW each
Source: Nuclear Power in Pakistan

The amount you are showing in quoted post is the amount used in purchasing land and preparing feasibility report, soil tests etc. I believe we are lacking technology to start such project indegniously and there is a high possibility if KANNUP-II is 325MW reactor it may be designed indegineously after getting more experience in construction of Chashma 3&4.

and the amount you are showing in total expenditure (36 crore rupees) is just too little. It could only be spent to buy land and preparing initial work and the total project should cost billions of rupees.

yes but maximum we can do is prepare feasibility report and ask government to find a contractor who can build these reactors for us. That will again raise concerns from NSG, UN and the United States. Last news i read, confirmed 585 acres of land was purchased for 385 million rupees to set up KANUP-II, III, IV and V having capacity of 325MW each.
Source: PAEC to set up more power plants by year 2030

and there are some other sources confirming KANNUP 2 and 3 will be 1000MW each
Source: Nuclear Power in Pakistan

The amount you are showing in quoted post is the amount used in purchasing land and preparing feasibility report, soil tests etc. I believe we are lacking technology to start such project indegniously and there is a high possibility if KANNUP-II is 325MW reactor it may be designed indegineously after getting more experience in construction of Chashma 3&4.

and the amount you are showing in total expenditure (36 crore rupees) is just too little. It could only be spent to buy land and preparing initial work and the total project should cost billions of rupees.

I didn't say that it was the amount allocated for the construction. Of course that will be in billions (51.05 Bn for CHANSUPP-II). I was saying that something has been allocated. Might be for land, might be for carrying further feasibility studies. Last year this amount wasn't released due to dwindling finances.

I'm not sure about the 1000MW thing. Setting up a 1000MW reactor isn't easy. We haven't produced an indigenous one of any substantiative output and we're directly aiming at 1000MW. That is too big to dream. Designs on paper, tested theoretically or model analysis in a computerised environment are not enough to directly aim for a 1000MW reactor. KANUPP-II might be the 300MW one and KANUPP-III a 1000MW one. KANUPP-III might clearly take a decade or more.

We've slumbered too long over NPPs. Our sole focus on producing more and more plutonium is pointless. We have enough war heads to destroy South Asia many times over.

Also, focusing on China solely is a bad option. China has produced a stable, efficient 1000MW design but overall it still lacks the nuclear power experience and isn't that far ahead in the technology. If we start even looking for other options, China mind karay ga, but we certainly need to explore other options, albeit they are very limited for us.

Some Desparate Comments on TOI
Akshay India 24 Jun, 2010 03:00 AM
India must also transfer weapons and tie up its defense technology with anti-Chine nations like Taiwan, Japan, Bhutan, Thailand and other countries in Southeast Asia. Russia should also be in the loop. Why should India get unbalanced when it also can create the same unbalance for China?
--
Does Taiwan, Japan or Russia really need Indian Tech?..:lol: LOL

Another Delusional Future Super Power Indian.
Mr. Chrysantha Wijeyasingha Clinton, USA 24 Jun, 2010 12:44 AM
China already had violated the NPT when she made Pakistan a nuclear state. Pakistan in turn violated the NPT by Dr. Khan's sale of Pakistan's newly acquired technology to Iran and North Korea among others. Under these conditions to equate Pakistan's eligibility to advanced nuclear technology during a time when Pakistan is fighting and internal war with the Taliban and her very existence is in question as regional areas like Baluchistan and the Sind want independence from Pakistan. If the US turns a blind eye to China's ambitions to meet Pakistan's own nuclear ambitions at a time when the stability of Pakistan is at question is both foolish and dangerous. Another reason why India needs a permanent seat in the Security Council so she can veto such action. :lol: :lol:

Dinesh Mumbai 24 Jun, 2010 12:22 AM
Like a joker we spent years and months to get a global nuclear deal and even dragged our political system in chaos between Congress and Left parties, and Pakistan got in days from China making Pakistan eligible to get similar deals from any other country. Our PM's so called years of efforts

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

Pakistanis have Super Natural Powers According to this Indian
Raj Delhi 23 Jun, 2010 11:32 PM
It proves pakistan is a snake that can swallow up even china. Where did they get so much power from? They must be in hands in glove with the devil!

Back
Top Bottom