What's new

China ignores Pakistan's concerns, approves Indian basmati imports

Not of such high quality at better value. After tougher Saudi-UAE trade rifts in regards to dumping of goods in Saudi market via Dubai freezone, now some India rice which is packed in JAFZA and exported to KSA reads "Rice Origin: Pakistan" on the packaging.
If i come across one at super market I will take a pic and post here.

Pakistani rice tends to be of higher quality and cheaper while a large harvest of Indian rice is low quality...

Why China is buying low quality Indian rice???

Have pakistan ever opposed or tried to interfere in indian export of rice to china..?

Not to my recollection ! Apparently the article makes that assumption too and some evidentiary support in favour of that would have made it more convincing ! Either way....may the best Rice win ! :azn:

you are joking right?

i really hope you are......because otherwise i'd have to conclude you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

I have Punjabi friends, they don't eat rice daily just once-twice in a month that too some 2-3 teaspoon of rice for taste change. So, I have idea what I am talking about. And their notion about rice is that rice will make you fatter.

Your Pakistani Brothers know this lesson better than most ! Perhaps My Indian Brother, you would do well, to learn what the term 'Strategic Relationship' implies ! *Hint* It never means all or nothing ! And No...we don't imply otherwise when we talking about the 'All Weather Friendship' we enjoy with China.

P.S I love the Dog ! :tup:

It's good if you are logical in your friendship. Pakistan burnt its fingers in US friendship.

P.S. I am well wisher of Pakistan and ur avtar is scary . Kidding.:)

I have Punjabi friends, they don't eat rice daily just once-twice in a month that too some 2-3 teaspoon of rice for taste change. So, I have idea what I am talking about. And their notion about rice will will make you fatter.

Rice makes one fatter than bread? Lmao, time for a sardar joke.

Exactly, that is the point here..
So how do you consider it possible for Pakistan to satisfy demands of Chinese market.
Hense the reason for Chinese to have more sources...

facepalm for all indians thinking China ignored Pakistani pleas!

Then it is good you consume your rice at home...we will sell to China....

Sir, I'm not here to convince anyone so whatever rocks your boat, is more than fine with me ! :tup:

By the way...TOI is reporting this without any circumstantial evidence, let alone something empirical, provided for 'Pakistan's Concerns' and how 'Pakistan pressured China otherwise' ! Our Economy is very open and we encourage Competition...thats one of the reasons why us providing the MFN to India was conditional on India opening up her Markets for our Goods ! *Non-Tariff Barriers* anyone !
Saar, if you are not trying to convince anyone ..you would not have given that argument in its first place (trying to look credible in an argument) and thanks for the concern..:undecided:
and regarding MFN status, its coming just because your own economy is going down the drain...and Pak govt wants to open up a bit and wants to give the right signal to the international audiences (read FDI) that pak is safe and sound for them to invest. so Its just an eyewash and drama staged for foreign audiences.
And regarding "Non-tarriff barriers" they were supposed to be there bcoz pakistan was reluctant in giving the equal treatment to Indian traders and products.

So Saar, dont bring that argument about Pakistani economy being competitive and encourage competition, your traders are and economy is till now being protected by the government.

And that some people according to The Hindu (thehindu.com) are the Indians who have been nagging China for 6 years.

India was nagging and Pakistan was pleading to China not to buy from India...Guess what...nagging was better than pleading :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom