What's new

China ignores Pakistan's concerns, approves Indian basmati imports

Seems to be more of a sensationalist piece..
China needed rice.. plain and simple.
Capitalism demands that the best be bought.
Why create the issue of India vs Pakistan..
Nothing better for idle minds sitting in ToI I presume.

Seems to be more of a sensationalist piece..
China needed rice.. plain and simple.
Capitalism demands that the best be bought.
Why create the issue of India vs Pakistan..
Nothing better for idle minds sitting in ToI I presume.

idle fecal matter where the brain ought to be sounds more like it.....

It is good for our regional piece...
India and Pakistan are getting common friends (but USSR will remain heartly close to India and CHINA will heartly and sweetly remain close to Pakistan (hopefully))

does that mean chinese can taste Tilda basmati now? Best basmati rice ever.

"India has a strong brand as the producer of 70 per cent of world's supply of basmati," Naidu said. A recent convention of the food and hospital industry in Shanghai evoked strong response from buyers when freshly cooked Indian basmati filled the auditorium with its aroma, he said.

Cool :azn:

Even the rice we get here with Tesco label in local Tesco promotes it as "Indian Basmati Rice"

Hyderabadi Biryani in Basmati rice, nothing is better than that.

"China ignores Pakistan's concerns"... :lol: @ the source...

for too long, Pakistani government (as well as Trade Development Authority) have ignored the issue of threats - some that are in our control and some that are NOT (e.g. what countries decide; or even things like exchange rate policies of countries like Viet Nam)....i already mentioned that we need to learn and adopt best practices approach to become more price competitive.

The devaluation of Vietnamese currency may affect the price of rice in international market. That is one threat we can't do anything about.

Another often unspoken about problem is hindustanis living abroad (especially in Dubai)...what they do is to purchase basmati rice from Pakistani exporters and after value addition they export it to other countries on high price with their own brand name. *facepalm*

for too long, Pakistani government (as well as Trade Development Authority) have ignored the issue of threats - some that are in our control and some that are NOT (e.g. what countries decide; or even things like exchange rate policies of countries like Viet Nam)....i already mentioned that we need to learn and adopt best practices approach to become more price competitive.

The devaluation of Vietnamese currency may affect the price of rice in international market. That is one threat we can't do anything about.

Another often unspoken about problem is hindustanis living abroad (especially in Dubai)...what they do is to purchase basmati rice from Pakistani exporters and after value addition they export it to other countries on high price with their own brand name. *facepalm*

Back
Top Bottom