What's new

China ignores Pakistan's concerns, approves Indian basmati imports

have you ever heard of something called ''bumper crops''?

all seasons are not the same, yield are not the same every year!

Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations estimated that 9.7 million tonnes of rice were produced in Pakistan in 2011 despite devastating floods, heavy rains, astronomically increased oil and gas prices and the cost of urea ! Imagine what we'd be able to produce in a better year and once our wonderful President takes a hike !

blame china...ur friend...TOI is just reporting (though a bit with masala).:flame:

With some creative Journalism too ! Because the facts, as I have had the good fortune of talking to a couple of guys in the business, speak differently

I have to laugh at the pathetic and primitive mentality of Indians who see everything as either with them or against them.
China is a huge consumer of rice and recently they have opened rice exports to Japan where much of the farmland has been contaminated due to nuclear reactor collapse. It was only natural that rice demand will now increase in China and being a large consumer, even of Pakistan was to export all its rice to China that will not full fill the Chinese demand. Therefore, China will need more sources of supply. This is simple economics.

No where it said Pakistan pleaded China to not allow Indian imports when Pakistan itself exports a huge quantity of rice to India. Its simple..Pakistani rice tends to be one of the best quality rice in the world and with such AAA grade products the demand will always outrun the supply be it in India or China....

u guys would have jumped at the news and singing the chinese songs if the news would have been other way round. now just hiding under cover...though u knw the truth :what:

Money is bigger than even all weather friendship. For the same reason China doesn't interfere in Kargil conflict. As early as our Pakistani brother learn this lesson better for them.

u guys would have jumped at the news and singing the chinese songs if the news would have been other way round. now just hiding under cover...though u knw the truth :what:

Pray tell me...what the truth is ?

With some creative Journalism too ! Because the facts, as I have had the good fortune of talking to a couple of guys in the business, speak differently
haha...u quote couple of guys here and that too without source becomes sacred truth..and TOI reporting is creative journalism :no:..aah..i know it hurts..but take it in your stride and b competitive.

Money is bigger than even all weather friendship. For the same reason China doesn't interfere in Kargil conflict. As early as our Pakistani brother learn this lesson better for them.

Your Pakistani Brothers know this lesson better than most ! Perhaps My Indian Brother, you would do well, to learn what the term 'Strategic Relationship' implies ! *Hint* It never means all or nothing ! And No...we don't imply otherwise when we talking about the 'All Weather Friendship' we enjoy with China.

P.S I love the Dog ! :tup:

Have pakistan ever opposed or tried to interfere in indian export of rice to china..?

Pray tell me...what the truth is ?
aaww do I need to tell that..I guess u guys are too good to know everything with couple of hidden facts that you always quote.
truth is you cant compete, you cant force china to listen to your PLEAS, truth is better will always win the race.. i hope these many truths will do some good.

If our Chinese friends want spend money on essentially the same but crappier quality product with a nicer package, who are we to stop them.

Our friendship is still there.

If our Chinese friends want spend money on essentially the same but crappier quality product with a nicer package, who are we to stop them.

Our friendship is still there.
you eat friendship they will eat Indian basmati in the meantime:woot:

haha...u quote couple of guys here and that too without source becomes sacred truth..and TOI reporting is creative journalism :no:..aah..i know it hurts..but take it in your stride and b competitive.

Sir, I'm not here to convince anyone so whatever rocks your boat, is more than fine with me ! :tup:

By the way...TOI is reporting this without any circumstantial evidence, let alone something empirical, provided for 'Pakistan's Concerns' and how 'Pakistan pressured China otherwise' ! Our Economy is very open and we encourage Competition...thats one of the reasons why us providing the MFN to India was conditional on India opening up her Markets for our Goods ! *Non-Tariff Barriers* anyone !

Back
Top Bottom