What's new

BJP to formally invite Yeddy to rejoin party

@Guynextdoor2 @seiko @Bang Galore @Urbanized Greyhound
As someone who was born in Bangalore and spent more than a quarter of a century there, I can say that the BJP Govt was no better than the previous Congress Govts that it replaced as far as corruption was concerned.

But all Govts also do SOME public service too. The S.M.Krishna Govt consolidated the IT boom in Bangalore and gave it greater impetus. But the roads in Bangalore(and elsewhere in Karnataka) during his regime were horrendous. The Yeddyurappa Govt will actually be remembered for improving Karnataka's road infrastructure. Most of Bangalore's roads were relaid and the potholes were covered up. The State Highways too were spruced up and I still remember zooming from Bangalore to Shimoga in 4 hours once(Shimoga is Yeddyurappa's hometown and it benefited the most during his tenure).

@Guynextdoor2 @seiko @Bang Galore @Urbanized Greyhound
As someone who was born in Bangalore and spent more than a quarter of a century there, I can say that the BJP Govt was no better than the previous Congress Govts that it replaced as far as corruption was concerned.

But all Govts also do SOME public service too. The S.M.Krishna Govt consolidated the IT boom in Bangalore and gave it greater impetus. But the roads in Bangalore(and elsewhere in Karnataka) during his regime were horrendous. The Yeddyurappa Govt will actually be remembered for improving Karnataka's road infrastructure. Most of Bangalore's roads were relaid and the potholes were covered up. The State Highways too were spruced up and I still remember zooming from Bangalore to Shimoga in 4 hours once(Shimoga is Yeddyurappa's hometown and it benefited the most during his tenure).

I too was born in Bangalore & while I'm not suggesting that all public works are done only by any one government, it would be extraordinarily cussed to suggest that the BJP government did a whole lot when compared to previous governments. In S.M Krishna's time the BDA did a lot of road work including completing the ring road with the then BDA boss Jayakar Jerome being both a hard task master as well as enjoying Krishna's confidence. Having said that, it is best to give credit where it is due. The UPA will never be remembered for its road works, Vajpayee & Maj.Gen. Khanduri will get far more credit & rightly so. Shimoga did benefit with Yeddiyurappa(like Holenarasipura under the Gowdas) but that's about all that happened. Increasing funds inflow will always ensure that more projects get taken up year after year but the BJP government which came in with massive goodwill & hope squandered it completely & while Yeddiyurappa was not solely to blame(the party use of the Reddys was always going to backfire), his personal corruption & his brazenness about it remains distasteful and his betrayal of a mandate of such hope for the BJP(I voted for them) is difficult to swallow. He after all, is the only CM of Karnataka to be thrown in jail for his actions in that office.( People from outside Karnataka will simply not get the disgust that the BJP administration evoked and the sense of absolute betrayal that so many feel.)

Unlike many here, I did vote for the BJP government and the anger & contempt I feel is directly connected to their disgusting squandering of that hope(that btw is also true of UPA2). I'm owned by no party nor do I feel a particular obligation to support any automatically. I'm about as neutral on this topic as you might get, I have no blinkers on.

I too was born in Bangalore & while I'm not suggesting that all public works are done only by any one government, it would be extraordinarily cussed to suggest that the BJP government did a whole lot when compared to previous governments. In S.M Krishna's time the BDA did a lot of road work including completing the ring road with the then BDA boss Jayakar Jerome being both a hard task master as well as enjoying Krishna's confidence. Having said that, it is best to give credit where it is due. The UPA will never be remembered for its road works, Vajpayee & Maj.Gen. Khanduri will get far more credit & rightly so. Shimoga did benefit with Yeddiyurappa(like Holenarasipura under the Gowdas) but that's about all that happened. Increasing funds inflow will always ensure that more projects get taken up year after year but the BJP government which came in with massive goodwill & hope squandered it completely & while Yeddiyurappa was not solely to blame(the party use of the Reddys was always going to backfire), his personal corruption & his brazenness about it remains distasteful and his betrayal of a mandate of such hope for the BJP(I voted for them) is difficult to swallow. He after all, is the only CM of Karnataka to be thrown in jail for his actions in that office.

Unlike many here, I did vote for the BJP government and the anger & contempt I feel is directly connected to their disgusting squandering of that hope(that btw is also true of UPA2). I'm owned by no party nor do I feel a particular obligation to support any automatically. I'm about as neutral on this topic as you might get, I have no blinkers on.

A folly that I too have since come to repent. I too feel that the Karnataka BJP unit gave us the most corrupt Govt ever in Karnataka's history. It's as if they knew that they wouldn't ever be reelected and hence tried to gobble up as much as they could. Daridra Mundemaklu!!

Many here don't understand much about Karnataka politics & the BJP's rise. The BJP rise was directly as a result of a pro-Vajpayee(ajja -grandfather) wave in 2004 which toppled even a well thought of CM, S.M Krishna. The BJP's performance was better in the LS rather than the assembly. The second part was the feeling that Kumaraswamy & Deve Gowda betrayed the BJP & Yeddiyurappa resulting in a massive sympathy wave based on the hope that the BJP was better than the awful government of Dharam Singh & a mediocre one of Kumaraswamy. To then have that mandate so disgustingly ignored to promote only their own personal interests is directly reflected in the disgust the BJP & Yeddy evoke. Yeddy was a mid level leader who rose to prominence only in exceptional circumstances. Those who think he has a magical hold over the Lingayats don't realise that once out of power, his fortunes fell pretty dramatically. He carries a lot of baggage which the Lingayats aren't fond of especially when he no longer is in power to shower any favours. Every day that passes reduces the hold he has on his supposed base. The BJP has no easy answers, Yeddy might seem like their best bet but the nature of their rout is so bad that recovery won't happen very easily and not in as short a time as another 6 months. Modi remains disproportionately popular in Karnataka(he is no Vajpayee though), the BJP's best bet would be to discard the old baggage & piggyback on any swing that Modi might generate in the LS polls. Makes the only sense in a state known to be prone to voting differently in the state & national elections, probably the only state that does that.

A folly that I too have since come to repent. I too feel that the Karnataka BJP unit gave us the most corrupt Govt ever in Karnataka's history. It's as if they knew that they wouldn't ever be reelected and hence tried to gobble up as much as they could. Daridra Mundemaklu!!

That is a reason why I tell the Modi cyber army to temper their expectations. When you project all your dreams and expectations to a single person, that is dangerous.

Many here don't understand much about Karnataka politics & the BJP's rise. The BJP rise was directly as a result of a pro-Vajpayee(ajja -grandfather) wave in 2004 which toppled even a well thought of CM, S.M Krishna. The BJP's performance was better in the LS rather than the assembly. The second part was the feeling that Kumaraswamy & Deve Gowda betrayed the BJP & Yeddiyurappa resulting in a massive sympathy wave based on the hope that the BJP was better than the awful government of Dharam Singh & a mediocre one of Kumaraswamy. To then have that mandate so disgustingly ignored to promote only their own personal interests is directly reflected in the disgust the BJP & Yeddy evoke. Yeddy was a mid level leader who rose to prominence only in exceptional circumstances. Those who think he has a magical hold over the Lingayats don't realise that once out of power, his fortunes fell pretty dramatically. He carries a lot of baggage which the Lingayats aren't fond of especially when he no longer is in power to shower any favours. Every day that passes reduces the hold he has on his supposed base. The BJP has no easy answers, Yeddy might seem like their best bet but the nature of their rout is so bad that recovery won't happen very easily and not in as short a time as another 6 months. Modi remains disproportionately popular in Karnataka(he is no Vajpayee though), the BJP's best bet would be to discard the old baggage & piggyback on any swing that Modi might generate in the LS polls. Makes the only sense in a state known to be prone to voting differently in the state & national elections, probably the only state that does that.

Can you explain Lingayats???

Ignorant Malayalee here :D

@Indischer you along with @hinduguy are reasonable posters.

Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity :)

Last edited:
That is a reason why I tell the Modi cyber army to temper their expectations. When you project all your dreams and expectations to a single person, that is dangerous.

Precisely. Indian National politics, coupled with it's coalition governance, is too complex for one man (even with a dictatorial mindset) to act as a panacea. IF he does become our next PM, a lot of people are still going to wake up everyday and see that things around them have hardly changed. The loftier the edifice of his personality, the harder the fall will be in the grind of Indian Politics.

Do you really think you are that much smarter than the average Modi cyber army ?

What makes you make such an outrageous claim that they have all their dreams and expectations tied to a single person ? That is your loaded assumption and one that is propagated via cyber space to mock Modi supporters.

It is exactly this kind of Strawmen argument that makes Anti Modi comments a joke. Reminds me of Rahul Gandhi saying ...... there is no one man who is going to come riding on a horse :lol: ......is that who you were trying to paraphrase ? because it sure sounds like it.

Can you explain Lingayats???

Ignorant Malayalee here :D

@Indischer you along with @hinduguy are reasonable posters.

Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity :)
Haha...Thanks Ravi:cheers:. Lingayats are adherents of an offshoot of Shaivism. Basically, in Karnataka, all Lingayats are Shaivites, but all Shaivites are not Lingayats.

It's ironic that their movement was started in 12th century by a religious reformer named Basavanna to eradicate the malice of the Caste system, but has today evolved to become yet another caste! Yeddyurappa's vote base/popularity is primarily amongst the Lingayat community.

Haha...Thanks Ravi:cheers:. Lingayats are adherents of an offshoot of Shaivism. Basically, in Karnataka, all Lingayats are Shaivites, but all Shaivites are not Lingayats.

It's ironic that their movement was started in 12th century by a religious reformer named Basavanna to eradicate the malice of the Caste system, but has today evolved to become yet another caste! Yeddyurappa's vote base/popularity is primarily amongst the Lingayat community.

The government of India must implement my strategy to eradicate casteism. Encourage Inter-caste marriages and encourage putting caste neutral names.

Eliminating casteism through making love it is fool proof! and the most fun way to end prejudice:happy:

Do you really think you are that much smarter than the average Modi cy ?

What makes you make such an outrageous claim that they have all their dreams and expectations tied to a single person ? That is your loaded assumption and one that is propagated via cyber space to mock Modi supporters.

It is exactly this kind of Strawmen argument that makes Anti Modi comments a joke. Reminds me of Rahul Gandhi saying ...... there is no one man who is going to come riding on a horse :lol: ......is that who you were trying to paraphrase ? because it sure sounds like it.

O-o I berate my own intelligence constantly.

I am not a very smart person. I know that

Lingayats (about 17%) are one of two dominant caste groups in Karnataka, the other being the Vokkaligas(15-17%). Yeddyurappa is a Lingayat.

Lingayatism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is the caste division in the state along these lines good or bad in your opinion?

The government of India must implement my strategy to eradicate casteism. Encourage Inter-caste marriages and encourage putting caste neutral names.

Eliminating casteism through making love it is fool proof! and the most fun way to end prejudice:happy:

A novel idea. We really need an Idi-Aminesque dictator who'll make it mandatory to go for inter-caste marriage.:laugh:
Instead, all that the Govt has done is reinforce casteism by installing the quota system everywhere. Whether we like to observe it or not, quotas exist in every step to remind us all that we're not equal!

Today, Progress = Removal of poverty through casteism
as against Progress = removal of poverty AND casteism

A tragedy that such educated planners sitting in the highest echelons of power couldn't grasp the basic fact that poverty, malnutrition etc are not selective in their affliction.

thought shouting was done in caps lock over the internet

LIKE THIS MY FRIEND

When the "Strawman Demolisher" tells you something, you just have to submit and relent. You did well there:cheers:

Last edited:
Pathetic guys!! I am very much disgusted how you guys supported this kind of action.. This guy looted Karnataka like his own personal property and you want him to be the face of BJP in South?? What better then be BJP than Congress.. Its like congress had their belly full and giving the plate now to BJP.. By this action BJP is prooving my claim that it is a just other side of the same coin..We had 10 years of congress misrule now get ready for BJP lootness..

Seiko!!!

Are you a BJP supporter or a congress covert?

To get rid of a disease called as congress, first we need to get to power and desimate congress, supress it to the earths core.

Then comes the chance of keeping corrupt politicians at their place.

Yeddy has back stabbed bjp in KA by dividing its vote. Do you think BJP will forget that? Never!

Yeddy will be shown his place once BJP is in power.

What BJP looting are you talking about? The people who looted KA are in jail now (reddy bros). They have been dismissed from the party.

KA is one state where reddy assh**** have tainted the party image.

GJ, RJ, MP, CH, DL, BH, show me one state where a BJP minister has been chargesheeted under corruption charges.

There is no comparision between congress and BJP and especially in corruption.

BTW, not 10 years of misrule, India was diseased for 60yrs of congress!

A novel idea. We really need an Idi-Aminesque dictator who'll make it mandatory to go for inter-caste marriage.:laugh:
Instead, all that the Govt has done is reinforce casteism by installing the quota system everywhere. Whether we like to observe it or not, quotas exist in every step to remind us all that we're not equal!

Today, Progress = Removal of poverty through casteism
as against Progress = removal of poverty AND casteism

A tragedy that such educated planners sitting in the highest echelons of power couldn't grasp the basic fact that poverty, malnutrition etc are not selective in their affliction.

precisely. Even if the argument is that the majority of the lower income population is comprised of lower castes, government assistance to lower income groups should address that.

But, I also get angry when certain people try to downplay the the effects of caste system before. It may have started not a repressive, but it's eventual evolution, was pretty horrible.

One should never forget the crimes of the past, but retribution is no answer, because the child bears no sin of the father.

Besides, an attractive girl transcends race/caste/religion for me :D

Back
Top Bottom