What's new

BJP to formally invite Yeddy to rejoin party

They were ALWAYS in the cabinet- plotting and conspiring against each other, ready to cut each others;' throat. If you didn't know even this, then you really don't know about the issues of the time.

Is that what you've got to say?? I too said that his differences with the BJP national leadership and factions of state unit had deepened to the extant that he had to walk out. How is your narrative any more enlightening than what I said? they both point to the same outcome, his separation from BJP.

And what's this inside-knowledge that you pretended to have about the Reddys? You sounded genuinely surprised that I had associated them with BJP!

I agree completely which is why I remain sceptical of any ability of Modi or anyone else to effect real change. Imaging riding on the backs of Yeddy, Jayalalitha, Jaganmohan Reddy, Mayawati etc to give a "clean, corruption free" government.:azn:

I never said I support Modi like others, for me, at this moment, the logical choice is him...I am not expecting any miracle but to give him a chance. and if he still doesnt deliver what he has promised then I will think that this is no good country for men.

I am yet to see such blind support. I tend to believe that people are a lot smarter than what pseudo intellectuals give them credit for.

Which is why any such blind support alluded to does not pass muster.

What about if the eg. says both the bulb and the sun gives light. But since the bulb can be switched off , the sun can be switched off too.

You see, the frail attribute of the bulb cannot be assigned to the Sun. The same way, the perceived attribute of very small group of Modi supporters cannot be extended to the huge volume of Modi supporters.

How are pseudo intellectuals any different from blind supporters.

Nobody said that since a few of Modi's supporters are rabid, Modi is rabid too.

Of course not! In the same vein, the perceived attribute of ALL of Modi's supporters cannot be assumed to be uniform.

Re-laying tar to the roads in 2009-10 cannot be attributed to S M Krishna's tenure(1999-2004). The lesser said about Dharam Singh's regime, the better:). HD Kumarswamy may also be due some credit. Apart from the fact that he cheated on the power-sharing agreement, he wasn't too bad either.

My point is a different one.Funds inflow into the exchequer are always a result of past actions or will accrue later in a 5 year term if it were a result of one's own actions. It was the strong base that S.M Krishna's government left that allowed for further building on that. While direct connection is difficult to prove, I'm hoping you get my point. Any funds that Yeddiyurappa's government has to work with was a result of the actions of previous government's & not of his own doing. You also realise that the BJP left Bangalore with the tag of garbage city because of their absolute incompetence. If the BJP government gets much credit, it is with the system of "e-sugam" cretaed by the state commercial tax department which is now being followed/looked at by many other states.

No need to be frustrated in debate...and Yes the plan is to have a better administrator, who can take something and give something back, and not take everything and give thullooo...

Babaji ki thulloo or nam Kannadada Thulloo?? :partay:

How are pseudo intellectuals any different from blind supporters.
Nobody said that since a few of Modi's supporters are rabid, Modi is rabid too.
Of course not! In the same vein, the perceived attribute of ALL of Modi's supporters cannot be assumed to be uniform.

A pseudo intellectual is a Lot Worse.

A blind supporters defining attribute is his unwavering support for someone. A Positive trait.

As pseudo intellectuals defining attribute is his contempt for others. A Negative trait.

I would rather have a blind supporter for company than a pseudo intellectual. Anyway when discussing any point, the general rule is to talk to and about the majority, and not harp on the perceived weakness of a minority. So really, when the discussing moves over to 'blind supporters', it is clear that the point of the debate is not to discuss but to troll and mock.

My point is a different one.Funds inflow into the exchequer are always a result of past actions or will accrue later in a 5 year term if it were a result of one's own actions. It was the strong base that S.M Krishna's government left that allowed for further building on that. While direct connection is difficult to prove, I'm hoping you get my point. Any funds that Yeddiyurappa's government has to work with was a result of the actions of previous government's & not of his own doing. You also realise that the BJP left Bangalore with the tag of garbage city because of their absolute incompetence. If the BJP government gets much credit, it is with the system of "e-sugam" cretaed by the state commercial tax department which is now being followed/looked at by many other states.

Yeah, I get that. As you admit yourself, it's really difficult to trace the generation of wealth spent by the Govt. but my point is that although the previous Govts may have been responsible for a healthy budget, the simgle-most obvious/observable change during the Yeddy regime was the improvement of roads. Prioritization of this development ought to be credited to yeddy regime at least. Although Krishna's budgets also allocated funds for refurbishment of roads/newer roads, the change wasn't exactly discernable. Hope you got the drift of my argument.

A pseudo intellectual is a Lot Worse.

A blind supporters defining attribute is his unwavering support for someone. A Positive trait.

As pseudo intellectuals defining attribute is his contempt for others. A Negative trait.

I would rather have a blind supporter for company than a pseudo intellectual. Anyway when discussing any point, the general rule is to talk to and about the majority, and not harp on the perceived weakness of a minority. So really, when the discussing moves over to 'blind supporters', it is clear that the point of the debate is not to discuss but to troll and mock.

I see both as dangerous traits that could do with some balance in thought and action, and essentially different roles played by the same people. It's usually the blind supporters who're also pseudo intellectuals and vice versa.

Last edited:
It is said that the purpose of the fist Date is to set up the second Date.

The move to first base is to reach third base :D

That is true for those who actually have the date, outsiders can scarely have preferences of who gets to what base.:D

That is true for those who actually have the date, outsiders can scarely have preferences of who gets to what base.:D

Which is why wingmen of dubious character are used to get the First Date. That is the first battle, is it not ? :azn:

I see both as dangerous traits that could do with some balance in thought and action, and essentially different roles played by the same people. It's usually the blind supporters who're also pseudo intellectuals and vice versa.

That is an oxymoron. They are opposites.

Is that what you've got to say?? I too said that his differences with the BJP national leadership and factions of state unit had deepened to the extant that he had to walk out. How is your narrative any more enlightening than what I said? they both point to the same outcome, his separation from BJP.

And what's this inside-knowledge that you pretended to have about the Reddys? You sounded genuinely surprised that I had associated them with BJP!

I don't pretend to be the only one with inside knowledge- all of bangalore has it, except you, who are just Wating our time by cooking up BS about thinsg you don;t know. ANd what do you mean' differences with national leadership'- this isn't some ideological difference- he looted, it became public and he became a liability- what 'difference' is this supposed to be?

No need to be frustrated in debate...and Yes the plan is to have a better administrator, who can take something and give something back, and not take everything and give thullooo...

I agree...rahul gandhi will do all of those things and more.

I don't pretend to be the only one with inside knowledge- all of bangalore has it, except you, who are just Wating our time by cooking up BS about thinsg you don;t know. ANd what do you mean' differences with national leadership'- this isn't some ideological difference- he looted, it became public and he became a liability- what 'difference' is this supposed to be?

But I dont see that in him, till date he has done nothing, he has been an MP and he could have done many things, at least to his constituency.

How many corruption-tainted/convicted leaders have been expelled from their Parties so far? Bangaru Laxman is still in BJP for Pete's sake! Do you think his downfall from power would coincide with his expulsion from BJP if there were no power-struggle within the state BJP unit? It's well known that Yeddy and Ananth Kumar didn't go well with each other. Yeddy was also miffed at Advani for failing to reinstate him as CM. None of this is inside knowledge as you claim. I don't know what exactly you were trying to prove by disputing me. I never claimed any differences were ideological in nature. Who told you to assume as such?
B S Yeddyurappa says sorry for anti-LK Advani rant - Times Of India

How many corruption-tainted/convicted leaders have been expelled from their Parties so far? Bangaru Laxman is still in BJP for Pete's sake! Do you think his downfall from power would coincide with his expulsion from BJP if there were no power-struggle within the state BJP unit? It's well known that Yeddy and Ananth Kumar didn't go well with each other. Yeddy was also miffed at Advani for failing to reinstate him as CM. None of this is inside knowledge as you claim. I don't know what exactly you were trying to prove by disputing me. I never claimed any differences were ideological in nature. Who told you to assume as such?
B S Yeddyurappa says sorry for anti-LK Advani rant - Times Of India

You don't know what you're talking about do you?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom