What's new

Beat this Resume...

very impressive resume probably best of any leader in history a great achievement.

Infact the USSR state media didn't describe the partition in religious terms but said that the Imperialist British govt. has broken India into Agricultural and Industrial countries so that these two bases will stay separate and hence hinder their economic progress. Interesting viewpoint from the previous communist regime.

wow...EjazR....!
I love such trivia...!
:cheers:

Now take a look at this resume-

Benjamin Netanyahu- Israeli PM

1967-1972 Soldier and officer in "Sayeret Matkal", the IDF elite commando unit
1972-1976 B.Sc. in Architecture, M.Sc. in Business Management, MIT
1976-1978 Consultant with the Boston Consulting Group
1978-1980 Head of the Jonathan Institute, an NGO devoted to the study of terror
1980-1982 Member of the senior management team, Rim Industries Ltd.
1982-1984 Deputy Chief of Mission, Israeli Embassy in Washington, DC
1984-1988 Ambassador of Israel to the UN
1988-1991 Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
1991-1992 Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Office
1993-1996 Chairman of Likud, leader of the opposition
1996-1999 Prime Minister
1999-2002 Consultant to hi-tech companies
2002-2003 Minister of Foreign Affairs
2003-2005 Minister of Finance
2005-2009 Chairman of Likud, leader of the opposition
2009 Prime Minister

Full Resume here
Wiki page on Benjamin Netanyahu

When confronted with new settlement issue, he said:"
What, you are saying we can't have more Jew babies?"

Genius?Freak?Idiot? iReport. You decide. :cheesy:

I have nothing to decide. The people of Israel decided to have him as their PM. Ask them if they voted for a ‘Genius Freak or Idiot'? Personally, I would vote for a Para Commando with degrees from MIT and over 25 yrs of experience in politics if he ever contested elections in India.

above mentioned guys worked out hard throughout life and sacrificed their personal desires to achieve something big and only then they got to the present positions, and u call them genious and intelligent?

let me give u an example of the genious of a man who didn't put any burden on his head, didn't work hard to move through positions to reach the height, he got there by a couple of genious actions of his and enjoyed his life earlier and is enjoying even now.

guess who????????????????

MR. ASIF ALI ZARDARI, president of Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

On a side note, Jarnee the cute face, those few who did "bunk" his lectures are the real smart ones. The real smart ones can always find their own ways.

It is my sincerely hope that your father was one of them few.

India/China Bhai Bhai.:smokin:

I appreciate your words. My question is why cant 2.6 billion of us cant think so.

I must admit it was a definite departure from your normal day to day stance here on PDF.

Thanks

Thanks for the information. Interesting indeed. But the fact remains that both the Industrial base and the money laid heavily in India. In fact, we didn't even get our share of the treasure at the time of partition, and only received about 60% of it 7 years later. Let's not even mention the state of government and military hardware and infrastructure left behind in Pakistan. So any claim that India started form behind Pakistan in everything is flawed to the extreme, and a child of propaganda.

Now, back on topic. I have always respected Mr. Manmohan Singh deeply. As for his resume, frankly speaking, and I know this might enrage a few here, the "Career" section was not that impressive considering the politics of the subcontinent (except for the Prime Minister part, of course). The most impressive part appeared to be the "Education" section, followed by "Awards and Distinctions" section. The disappointing part was that he is not widely published, which is a shame, really. After his retirement from politics, I'm sure we'll see more published works from him. All in all, very impressive resume, but I know people with better ones (minus the "leading a country" part).

Edit
Does Manmohan mean "dear to the heart"?

Good attempt mate, my try is below;

Manmohan - who can captivate the mind

It's a radical departure from traditional "babu-jee" style politik in a 3rd world country. His appointment is an exemplary for much of the developing world, no doubt, where appointments are based on sheer political affiliations and inheritance and family dynasties. Congress made an unconventional bet by appointing this intellectual horse to work for the highest position.

However, i feel its premature to judge him as a PM because leadership positions involve specializations in not just one but many social and scientific paradigms. Many questions need to be asked to see how effective he is as a leader, such as, How much respect and influence does he have over his party? How effective is he in bringing people together? How efficient is he in motivating people? How much authority and respect does he command over his subordinates?

Dr.Mahbub_ul_Haq, He also gave 5 year plan to South Korea which helped South Korea to progress rapidly. Dr Haq is the originator of the Human Development Index
---------------------------------------------------
Dr.Mahbub_ul_Haq
Education:
Haq attended Government College, Lahore & King's College for his secondary schooling. He later enrolled in Trinity College, Cambridge, where he gained a degree in Economics, studying alongside Amartya Sen, an Indian with whom he would form a close, lifelong friendship. Afterwards he attended Yale University

Professional career:
Haq also served as the World Bank's Director of Policy Planning (1970-1982) and headed Pakistan's Finance Ministry as its minister of finance and planning (1982-1988). In 1989, he was appointed as Special Advisor to the UNDP Administrator when he lead a team of international scholars to produce the first Human Development Report.

World Bank (1970-1982)

During his tenure at the World Bank (1970-82), Dr. Haq is credited with making a major contribution to the Bank’s development philosophy and lending policies, steering more attention towards poverty alleviation programmes and increased allocations for small farm production, nutrition, education, water supply and other social sectors. Drawing on this reform process, Dr. Haq wrote a seminal study[3] that served as a precursor to the basic needs and human development approaches of the 1980s. Along with his talented team, Dr. Haq did much to transform the World Bank into a development institution that places people, instead of rigid economic indicators, at centre-stage.
[edit] Minister of Finance, Pakistan (1982-1988)

Serving as Pakistan’s Minister of Finance, Planning and Commerce (1982-88), Dr. Haq is credited with significant tax reforms, deregulation of the economy, increased emphasis on human development and several initiatives for poverty alleviation. According to Parvez Hasan 'Under Mahbub’s direction, the Planning Commission became once again a lively place and began to exert powerful influence on social sector issues, including education and family planning, much neglected in earlier Zia years – as Finance Minister, Mahbub piloted a major acceleration in social spending’[4]
[edit] Advisor to UNDP (1989-1995)

In his capacity as Special Advisor to UNDP Administrator, Dr. Haq took on the task of producing the Human Development Reports as its Project Director. He gathered the likes of Paul Streeten, Frances Stewart, Amartya Sen, and Richard Jolly to prepare annual Human Development Reports, using Human Development Index to analyse human progress by addressing different policy issues each year.
[edit] Establishment of Human Development Center (1996)

In 1996, Dr Haq founded the Human Development Center in Islamabad, Pakistan- a policy research institute committed to organizing professional research, policy studies and seminars in the area of human development, with a special focus on the South Asian region. He devoted his later years in working towards greater unity in South Asia for social and economic development.
[edit] Achievements

Dr Haq is the originator of the Human Development Index, which has become one of the most influential and widely used indices to measure human development across countries. The HDI has been used since 1990 by the United Nations Development Programme for its annual Human Development Reports. He also gave 5 year plan to South Korea which helped South Korea to progress rapidly
[edit] Death

Dr. Haq died on July 16, 1998 in New York, leaving behind his wife Dr Khadija Haq, son Farhan, and daughter Toneema. In acknowledgement of his contributions, the Human Development Centre, Islamabad was officially renamed the Mahbub ul Haq Human Development Centre on December 13, 1998 with Mrs. Khadija Haq as its president of the Centre.
[edit] Tributes from UN

* ‘Mahbub ul Haq’s untimely death is a loss to the world ...’, Kofi Annan, UN Secretary General.
* ‘... probably more than anyone else, (Mahbub) provided the intellectual impetus for the Bank’s commitment to poverty reduction in the early 1970’s.[...]His unique contributions were trend setters for the world and focused attention on the South Asian social realities, urging all of us to look at the dark corners of our social milieus’. James Wolfensohn, President of the World Bank,

[edit] The Mahbub ul Haq Award for Outstanding Contribution to Human Development

In the honour of Dr Haq, UNDP established this Award that alternates between recognizing political and civil society leaders. Recipients of the Award include:[5]

* 2007 - Sheila Watt-Cloutier, Canadian Inuit activist.
* 2004 - Fazle Hasan Abed, founder of BRAC (NGO) in Bangladesh
* 2002 - Fernando Henrique Cardoso, President of Brazil, 1995-2003

[edit] Selected works

* The Strategy of Economic Planning (1963)
* The Poverty Curtain: Choices for the Third World (1976). Columbia University Press. 247 pages. ISBN 0231040628
* The Myth of the Friendly Markets (1992)
* Reflections on Human Development (1996) Oxford University Press. 1st edition (1996): 288 pages, ISBN 0195101936. 2nd edition (1999): 324 pages, ISBN 0195645987
* The UN And The Bretton Woods Institutions : New Challenges For The Twenty-First Century / Edited By Mahbub Ul Haq ... [Et Al.] (1995)
* The Vision and the Reality (1995)
* The Third World and the international economic order (1976)
* New Imperatives of Human Security (1995)
* A New Framework for Development Cooperation (1995)
* Humanizing Global Institutions (1998)

Mahbub ul Haq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :coffee:
==============================

If Pakistan had listen to him in implementing of Agriculture tax , things would have been much better also to have GST as only one tax on all.

Last edited:
I have nothing to decide. The people of Israel decided to have him as their PM. Ask them if they voted for a ‘Genius Freak or Idiot'? Personally, I would vote for a Para Commando with degrees from MIT and over 25 yrs of experience in politics if he ever contested elections in India.

Going by that logic I am sure Hitler has a lot more qualifications than the war criminal Benjamin Netanyahu.

You have lost your senses my friend.

It's a radical departure from traditional "babu-jee" style politik in a 3rd world country. His appointment is an exemplary for much of the developing world, no doubt, where appointments are based on sheer political affiliations and inheritance and family dynasties. Congress made an unconventional bet by appointing this intellectual horse to work for the highest position.

However, i feel its premature to judge him as a PM because leadership positions involve specializations in not just one but many social and scientific paradigms. Many questions need to be asked to see how effective he is as a leader, such as, How much respect and influence does he have over his party? How effective is he in bringing people together? How efficient is he in motivating people? How much authority and respect does he command over his subordinates?

Great points... I personally have very strong view about Mr. Manmohan as politician. However when i look at his achievements my doubt goes for toss...Also do remember that one of the reason BJP lost the recent election was beacuse of personal attacks of Advani on Mr Manmohan..this clearly implies not only elite but even common man has lot of respect for this gem of a person...In my eyes here are his two great achievements

a) Economic Progress that we see today are direct result of his visionery thinking in 1990's
b) Who can forget that it was he who pushed congress to go for a dangerous vote of no-confidence motion just to get Nuclear deal done for which our so called left parties had left no stone unturned to throw it in garbage...I am sure 2 decades from now india will see its result as well...

In other words he has taken two very important decisions which are going to fulfill(results are beginning to appear) one dream that we all indian have - To be a real superpower...

Sure we owe a lot to this great man...Here is what some world leaders say about him

Manmohan is a wise, wonderful man: Obama - Express India
Manmohan is a great leader of the world: Brown - Express India
Manmohan is a great leader of the world: Brown - Express India

Another item for Manmohan's resume: How Quattrocchi walked free

I'm not saying that other parties are a whole lot better, but folks that are looking for heroes should keep looking.

What does that have to do with him directly? Are you implying that he was bribed to let him go free?

It was Attorney General Milon Banerji who made it possible for him to go through free by dodging legal process. Hsi legal opinion was used by CBI to withdraw cases.

There was no law under which he could be tried thanks for the incompetence of the legal dept.

UPA says it will free Q of Bofors taint

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom