What's new

Beat this Resume...

real india is rural india.. Congress has been able to bring some bit of things to improve the system.
1. Nerga - National rural employment guarantee act
2. RTI - right to information
3. Right to education is fundamental right now.

Though they are not completely successfull ...but the seeds are sown today for it....Let me tell my CHINA and Pakistan friends..India is poor really poor...
But we dont cover our poverty we do not snatch land and force people to vacate, and work as workers in factories ...created on their own lands.. there is a democratic process for every thing...yes that is slow ..red tapped...obvoulsly little corrupt...but we are trying to grow together ...India is in no hurry to become industrialized etc... we are making foundations strong..we are not aborting kids ..and ,making single child policy..however ..we are focusing on education and helping them understand the need of family planning ..not forcing a law. China will not understand freedom till you feel what it really is. you have never experienced that.

remember India was much poorer when we got free in 1947 then Pakistan and China...Pakistan got the complete food belt of India on "west" and "east".. and very prosperous Lahore and Karachi (use to be merchants paradise)

India got the poorest of states ..Bihar / orrisa / Andhra/ Tamil nadu.. all very poor and there was literally food scarcity..

On a side note, Jarnee the cute face, those few who did "bunk" his lectures are the real smart ones. The real smart ones can always find their own ways.

It is my sincerely hope that your father was one of them few.

India/China Bhai Bhai.:smokin:

Not sure about ..that he would never tell me that lol!!

real india is rural india.. Congress has been able to bring some bit of things to improve the system.

Though they are not completely successfull ...but the seeds are sown today for it....Let me tell my CHINA and Pakistan friends..India is poor really poor...
But we dont cover our poverty we do not snatch land and force people to vacate, and work as workers in factories ...created on their own lands.. there is a democratic process for every thing...yes that is slow ..red tapped...obvoulsly little corrupt...but we are trying to grow together ...India is in no hurry to become industrialized etc... we are making foundations strong..we are not aborting kids ..and ,making single child policy..however ..we are focusing on education and helping them understand the need of family planning ..not forcing a law. China will not understand freedom till you feel what it really is. you have never experienced that.

remember India was much poorer when we got free in 1947 then Pakistan and China...Pakistan got the complete food belt of India on "west" and "east".. and very prosperous Lahore and Karachi (use to be merchants paradise)

India got the poorest of states ..Bihar / orrisa / Andhra/ Tamil nadu.. all very poor and there was literally food scarcity..

Congratuations. You just found the weakest spot of Chinese, if you keep saying you are poor, they will cry and decided to side with you.
But you need to stop your little adventure and reclaim that you are non-allied.

That is not my sweet spot. :smokin:

Congratuations. You just found the weakest spot of Chinese, if you keep saying you are poor, they will cry and decided to side with you.
But you need to stop your little adventure and reclaim that you are non-allied.
That is not my sweet spot. :smokin:

You know what looks like some Indian has given you real hard time off late. Thats why you are so Anti - India..

You know what looks like some Indian has given you real hard time off late. Thats why you are so Anti - India..

No one can give me a really hard time. At least not from kids.
My political view is quite clear with all my posts, we can bhai bhai, but you have to leave Pak out of it, don't have any ideas toward Pak when we engage.

No one can give me a really hard time. At least not from kids.
My political view is quite clear with all my posts, we can bhai bhai, but you have to leave Pak out of it, don't have any ideas toward Pak when we engage.
Correct! sure its is always Bi-lateral relations and treaties..between nations. no point of having Pak involved.

You must be joking ..right...please get your facts right...when Pakistan came into being there were only two industries in the whole east and west Pakistan. One sugar mill in Faisalabad and one cement factory in karachi(which infact was out of order).

The only developed city to a certain was lahore apart from that there was nothing at all in Pakistan.

Whatever the developments british made that was in your side...wether its schools or industries.:coffee:

The Great Man

c8e9c8e2561c444d5561aedee8edf2de.jpg

Manmohan Singh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

he is damn intelligent man but what i feel about him is that he is not politician. the traits of being cunning are missing in him neither he is an exellent speaker though i really apprecitate his achievements, he is more better as finance minister....

Just because he doesn't act like a politician and makes speeches on politcal scoring instead of real issues doesnt mean he can't talk.

REmember the famous Advani campaign of Ironman vs strawman and how manmohan singhji came back with biting statements.

I think we all (Im talking about the global democratic community) are tired of politicians instead of straight talkers. And that's where his charisma lies. He doesn't look like or act like a devious cunning politician who will only support his party at the cost of national interests even if the policies are wrong. That's why I would trust him more than any other person to be PM. Even Rahul as he has no experience to be in govt.. I wouldn't want him to be PM until he has spent atleast 2-3 different terms as a minister in various portfolios in the govt. before stepping up to PM

You must be joking ..right...please get your facts right...when Pakistan came into being there were only two industries in the whole east and west Pakistan. One sugar mill in Faisalabad and one cement factory in karachi(which infact was out of order).

The only developed city to a certain was lahore apart from that there was nothing at all in Pakistan.

Whatever the developments british made that was in your side...wether its schools or industries.:coffee:

Well you are partially correct. When the partition happened, the agricultural power bases with well developed canals and irrigation systems went to Pakistan and the Industrial power bases to India. So Pakistan was self-sufficient in food right at the beginning while India was facing food shortages all the way until the 80s.

Infact the USSR state media didn't describe the partition in religious terms but said that the Imperialist British govt. has broken India into Agricultural and Industrial countries so that these two bases will stay separate and hence hinder their economic progress. Interesting viewpoint from the previous communist regime.

Excuse me, I was going to thank your post until I came across this - you have to bring out the shiny Mr. Singh to highlight the fact that GWB is a ***bag (your choice word)?

Listening to the latter's words and observing his actions and their consequences couldn't do it for you?

Just curious, TV/Radio - you got them in Ohio?

I know you got internet ...

Disclaimer: Any :flame: is unintended.

That's what I say is Profile comparision!! Not Character(governance) comparision.

I intended to use "douche bag" coz that's what i felt he was in comparision.
I've got everything at my disposal U can even ask for
but hey buddy I got

Freedom of Speech
Disclaimer: Any :flame: is unintended. :usflag:

Well you are partially correct. When the partition happened, the agricultural power bases with well developed canals and irrigation systems went to Pakistan and the Industrial power bases to India. So Pakistan was self-sufficient in food right at the beginning while India was facing food shortages all the way until the 80s.

Infact the USSR state media didn't describe the partition in religious terms but said that the Imperialist British govt. has broken India into Agricultural and Industrial countries so that these two bases will stay separate and hence hinder their economic progress. Interesting viewpoint from the previous communist regime.
Thanks for the information. Interesting indeed. But the fact remains that both the Industrial base and the money laid heavily in India. In fact, we didn't even get our share of the treasure at the time of partition, and only received about 60% of it 7 years later. Let's not even mention the state of government and military hardware and infrastructure left behind in Pakistan. So any claim that India started form behind Pakistan in everything is flawed to the extreme, and a child of propaganda.

Now, back on topic. I have always respected Mr. Manmohan Singh deeply. As for his resume, frankly speaking, and I know this might enrage a few here, the "Career" section was not that impressive considering the politics of the subcontinent (except for the Prime Minister part, of course). The most impressive part appeared to be the "Education" section, followed by "Awards and Distinctions" section. The disappointing part was that he is not widely published, which is a shame, really. After his retirement from politics, I'm sure we'll see more published works from him. All in all, very impressive resume, but I know people with better ones (minus the "leading a country" part).

Edit
Does Manmohan mean "dear to the heart"?

Last edited:
Now, back on topic. I have always respected Mr. Manmohan Singh deeply. As for his resume, frankly speaking, and I know this might enrage a few here, the "Career" section was not that impressive considering the politics of the subcontinent (except for the Prime Minister part, of course). The most impressive part appeared to be the "Education" section, followed by "Awards and Distinctions" section. The disappointing part was that he is not widely published, which is a shame, really. After his retirement from politics, I'm sure we'll see more published works from him. All in all, very impressive resume, but I know people with better ones (minus the "leading a country" part).

Overall a very balanced and unbiased assessment. Yes, even if you are against his, his party's or his country's ideologies, as a person Mr. Singh deserves the respect he gets. As you said, his education and 'accolade' parts are pretty impressive.

Regarding the career I beg to disagree with you. IMO even before he entered politics in 90's, his resume was full with very important and diverse occupations and work experiences. His field of work ranges from being a Professor in institutes such as DSE(undoubtedly one of the best eco school in the country, if not the best), JNU(again one of the best uni in India) to being in board of governors on IMF, ADB, IBRD etc and many more. So its pretty impressive. I am not saying no one else has such a career, but still Singh's career before 90's was also extraordinary. After 90's well he was the man who showed light to the almost bankrupt Indian economy and its his legacy that we are doing pretty good today. Even as a PM IMO he's doing a very good job. A soft spoken person still knows how to give it back if attacked.

So combining his scholastic, bureaucratic and political achievements I can firmly say that he has had hell of a career. And one thing that I believe is that probably he has never used any political or any other kind of favor to get anything. He's not that kind of a person. Even I have seen his daughter who works as a lecturer in St. Stephens College, Delhi. She stays in the college campus and has absolutely no ego being PM's daughter. Great people indeed.

About publications, yes I agree with you on this point. In terms of books(he might be having a lot of articles) before entering into politics he certainly had time. Even his lonesome book seems to be related to his PhD work from the name(not sure). That's the only thing I see missing.

Does Manmohan mean "dear to the heart"?

My take is Manmohan=Man + Mohan

Man we know is mind.

Mohan may be coming from Mohaniya- attractive.

So may be Manmohan means one with attractive mind or one who attracts minds and I pick the 1sr one.

Last edited:
comparing it with most other politicians, he will leave them in the dust. that part am sure most will agree.

Having a well educated politician is much better than having a cunning one but less brains. what say?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom