What's new

BD bans visas for Pakistanis

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU have illegal Bangladeshis!? :what: How did that happen? Don't tell me, they jumped the fence twice! Into India and then out of here into Pak? :cheesy:

You call yourself the all knowing now , do not you ? :rofl:

Dont you know about them ? I mean they are in quite large numbers and mostly live in Karachi . Now you wont believe it , but still poor Bangladeshis come here for work and other stuff illegally .

Apparently , they do :D

The article claims Bangladesh has "informally" denied the Visas. What's stopping them from making it formal?

Because things in diplomatic arena do not work that way , bon ami , I do not know what the Govt is thinking in Dhaka . Its almost as good as calling your ambassador and cutting off diplomatic relations with Pakistan completely .

Restricting visas is one thing , denying them altogether doesn't make any sense whatsoever and is done in extremely rare cases under special circumstances . Nothing that we are going through or they are .

@Armstrong Am I right about the " almost severing diplomatic ties " part here , mate ?

Last edited by a moderator:
“Yes, the Dhaka has placed the ban on issuance of its visas to Pakistanis on account of the allegations according to which Pakistan is sending some elements in the disguise of businessmen, journalists, intellectuals who are found in abetting the sentiments of Jihad in Bangladesh,”

No country would tolerate unrest,better India take lessons from it.Pakistan is dangerous country to trade with .

Then stop asking for trade agreement as prerequisite before you are willing to move towards resolving outstanding issues with pakistan.

it hurts both sides....

Actually , we haven't banned visas for them .

The Businessmen can surely find another country to invest in , where's the harm ?

Actually , we haven't banned visas for them .

The Businessmen can surely find another country to invest in , where's the harm ?

one side visa ban hurts both sides.. but yes pakistani businessmen will find other destination to invest in if this continues..

@Armstrong Am I right about the " almost severing diplomatic ties " part here , mate ?

Dunno at any rate it certainly wouldn't help either Bangladesh or Pakistan !

Perhaps now would be a good time to repatriate the Biharis that we threw in '71 & in return dump all of them 2-4 million illegal Bengalis living Pakistan at the Dhaka Port !

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok - Read post 167 again, and keep it reading until you understand.

I got that at one go .

But please don't bother to read #175 again and again, I know that you are incapable to comprehend that.:omghaha:

Yes continue your troll ...

I got that at one go .

But please don't bother to read #175 again and again, I know that you are incapable to comprehend that.:omghaha:

Yes continue your troll ...

Then you say that i ask you to learn basics. Ok - i am gonna spoon-feed you once, LDC concessions is fixed quota over that limit there is no concession.

YOU have illegal Bangladeshis!? :what: How did that happen? Don't tell me, they jumped the fence twice! Into India and then out of here into Pak? :cheesy:

Five million illegal immigrants residing in Pakistan
Published: January 16, 2012
Share this article Print this page Email

Refugees returning from Pakistan and Iran find themselves homeless or living in slums under tarpaulin. PHOTO: REUTERS/FILE

ISLAMABAD: Around five million illegal immigrants have been residing in different cities of Pakistan for more than three decades.

The illegal immigrants, around two million Bangladeshis, 2.5 million Afghanis and 0.5 million other nationals including Africans, Iranians, Iraqis and Myanmars, are currently living in Quetta, Peshawar, Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi and other cities, an official said on Monday.

Regarding steps taken to control the flow of illegal immigration in the country, the official said that the Anti-Trafficking Units at Provincial Police Headquarters have been established to combat internal human trafficking while Inter Agency Task Force (IATF) has also been established.

He said the other measures are replacement of Personal Identification Secure Comparison Evaluation System (PISCES) by Integrated Border Management System (IBMS), having biometric facility, introduction of Machine Readable Passports (MRPs), black-listing of traffickers and installation of Human Trafficking Information System (HUTIS).

Establishment of Immigration check-post at zero point-250 in Balochistan, promulgation of Prevention and Control of Human Trafficking Ordinance (PACHTO) 2002, effective coordination with NGOs/IGOs for public awareness campaign through electronic and print media, installation of Immigration Intelligence Unit at FIA Headquarters with help of British High Commission were the other steps taken to control illegal immigrants.

Moreover, he said, seminars, documentaries, walks are being conducted regularly while pamphlets are distributed in different cities of the country as part of campaign to control those immigrants.

He said due to such efforts, Pakistan has been upgraded from Tier-II Watch List to Tier-II in the annual Trafficking in Person Report (TIP) 2010 published by State Department of United States and this year the country has maintained the same status of Tier-II in TIP Report 2011.

About the reasons, the official said the partition of Pakistan in 1971, cold war in Afghanistan in 1980s, poor law and order situation in Iraq, deteriorating economic and social conditions in these countries and friendly policies and international obligations on Pakistan to accommodate Afghan refugees resulted in the surge of immigrants number.

Five million illegal immigrants residing in Pakistan – The Express Tribune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom