What's new

Bangladesh protest against women's rights left one dead

Refer to post 54 on page 4. Indian Muslims have option of using the Muslim Law of Inheritance or the codified law of the nation. Something similar could be done in Bangladesh. In that way progressive Bangladeshis who respect their women folk can give equal right and equal share in property to them. And the radical mullahs and molvis can keep saying(read below) for all I care.

And I am sure, all muslim in india follow muslim inheritate law because it's better and error free. Not obligated to explain why it's error free to Indian.

Leave radical mullah aside and anwer me few question.

Isn't it true that Hindu women are not allow to marry second after their husband die or divorce?
Isn't true fact that hindu mother goes to clinic and perform abortion as soon as they find out its' going to be girl because Hindu girl consider burden in your religion.
And I won't even mention about low qulaity sub human practice called Caste system.

Now go and fix your sub human mental conditon in your mother land first before lecturing us on any matter because lecture coming out from a Hindu is a laughing matter.

1. Isn't it true that Hindu women are not allow to marry second after their husband die or divorce?
2. Isn't true fact that hindu mother goes to clinic and perform abortion as soon as they find out its' going to be girl because Hindu girl consider burden in your religion.
3. And I won't even mention about low qulaity sub human practice called Caste system.

Now go and fix your sub human mental conditon in your mother land first before lecturing us on any matter because lecture coming out from a Hindu is a laughing matter.

Off-topic.

1. Hindu Women are allowed to marry second time after being widowed or divorce. There is no law stopping them form doing so, if thats what they want.

2. There is law against gender specific abortion, its illegal to tell the gender of the foetus during ultrasound or anytime before the birth of the baby.

3. Laws against discrimination on caste basis. Reservation given to people from lower caste.

Wake up Zakir this isn't 19th century. Everyone has made reforms. How do you take criticism meted out to Muslims, from Christians of the land where you live?Do you call them names as well when you run out of argument? :tdown:

নারীর সম অধিকারের চিন্তায় কুরআনের এই বিধানকে পরিবর্তন করার যৌক্তিকতা (!) বুঝা একে বারে সহজ। সোজা সমান অধিকার। আমি ভাই হই অথবা বোন! ছেলে হই অথবা মেয়ে- মৃতের রেখে যাওয়া সম্পদ ভাগ হবে সমানে সমান। কিন্তু আল -কুরআনে যুক্তিটা বুঝতে একটু গভীরে যেতে হবে । আল কুরআন সমবন্টনে বিশ্বাসী নয় বরং সুষম বন্টনে বিশ্বাসী। সরকারী ত্রান একটা পরিবারে ঠিক ততটাই দেয়া হবে যতটা তার প্রয়োজন পরিবারের সদস্য হিসাবে। একজনও ৫ কেজি পাবে আবার ১০ জন ও ৫কেজি পাবে সেই হিসাবে নয়। একই সাথে ইসলামের বন্টন নারী বা পুরুষ কেন্দ্রীক নয় খরচ এবং ব্যয়ভারের উপর নির্ভরশীল। মৃতের রেখে যাওয়া সম্পত্তির সর্বমোট অংশিদার হতে পারে ১২ জন। এর মধ্যে- ৮ জনই নারী আর ৪জন মাত্র পুরুষ। অথচ কুরআনের এই আইনটা শুধু মাত্র দুই জায়গায় প্রযোজ্য- মৃতের ছেলে-মেয়ে এবং ভাই-বোনের ক্ষেত্রে। বাকী অন্যান্য ক্ষেত্রে সমানে সমান। অনেক ক্ষেত্রেতো পুরুষকে সম্পত্তির অংশ থেকে বঞ্চিতও করা হয়েছে।

I dont blame indians here for talking against this law!! they are completely unaware of the significance of Quran !

Amini announces fresh agitation
Mon, Apr 4th, 2011 6:31 pm BdST

Dhaka, Apr 4 (bdnews24.com) — The chairman of a faction of Islami Oikya Jote (IOJ) has announced countrywide agitation programme from Apr 5 to May 27.

Giving details of the agitation programme, Mufti Fazlul Haque Amini told reporters after Monday's dawn-to-dusk hartal that there will be rallies on Tuesday.

"Besides, a rally will be organised in Jessore on Apr 8, a campaign from Apr 10 to 25, Olama-Mashayekh meet in Dhaka on Apr 20, rallies across the country from May 10 to 25 and a big rally in Dhaka on May 27," he declared.

On Monday's general strike, Amini claimed that at least 300 demonstrators were arrested during the hartal.

"Over 200 protesters were injured, 85 of them seriously, and five went missing in 'attacks by law men'."

He threatened that tougher protests would be staged if the arrested protesters were not released within 24 hours.

Amini termed the countrywide shutdown 'the most important, significant and spontaneous one' during the present government's tenure. "This government is conspiring to destroy Islam."

Islamic Law Implementation Committee (ILIC), led by the IOJ faction, had called the hartal to protest the proposed National Women Development Policy 2011, High Court ban on fatwa and the recently-formulated education policy.

bdnews24.com/kt/ra/ost/nir/1810h

Amini a 'BNP-Jamaat proxy': Ashraf

Mon, Apr 4th, 2011 8:01 pm

Dhaka, Apr 4 (bdnews24.com) — Ruling Awami League general secretary has claimed the opposition has used Amini as a 'proxy' to enforce their own hartal.

Syed Ashraful Islam told reporters on Monday, "This hartal wasn't Amini's…it was BNP and Jamaat's."

He claimed that BNP and Jamaat-e-Islami members had participated in Monday's strike.

"They will be marked and measures will be taken against them," he added.

Islamic Law Implementation Committee (ILIC), led by Mufti Fazlul Haque Amini, had called the hartal to protest the proposed National Women Development Policy 2011, High Court ban on fatwa and the recently-formulated education policy.

Neither of the opposition parties had taken any public stance on the general strike.

bdnews24.com/sum/pd/sh/nir/1955h

And I am sure, all muslim in india follow muslim inheritate law because it's better and error free. Not obligated to explain why it's error free to Indian.

Isn't it true that Hindu women are not allow to marry second after their husband die or divorce?
Isn't true fact that hindu mother goes to clinic and perform abortion as soon as they find out its' going to be girl because Hindu girl consider burden in your religion.
And I won't even mention about low qulaity sub human practice called Caste system.

I notice that most Indian posters here tend to ignore you as a bigotted troll who doesn't really add much value to any discussion and this thread is a prime example. But just to educate you in matters in which you clearly are ignorant about :-

1. Hindu women are allowed to re-marry. I have no idea where you obtained your misconception from. Unlike in Islam though polygamy is generally unaccepted.
2. No. It isn't true that "Hindu mother goes to clinic and perform abortion as soon as they find out its' going to be girl because Hindu girl consider burden in your religion" (Jeez dude do you talk the way you type ? If so, you really must be finding it uncomfy in the USofA ). Your misconception in the aforesaid regards is just as off mark as asking whether its true that every Bangla Muslim male emigrates to the USA to become a terrorist see :)
3. The Caste system is truly indefensible and inhumane. We evil Bhartis are however addressing that. Then again blaming our entire nation or religion for the perverted bigotry of a few is tantamount to blaming the entire Bengali nation for your obvious perverted bigotry....or indeed blaming the entire USA for the perverted bigotry of a few people who treat brown immigrants like you like 2nd class terrorists doggie poo.

Now YOU go fix your retarded mental condition before coming in here to derail threads with your stupid "evil Bharti/Hindu" comments in every thread bozzoo.

I notice that most Indian posters here tend to ignore you as a bigotted troll who doesn't really add much value to any discussion and this thread is a prime example. But just to educate you in matters in which you clearly are ignorant about :-

1. Hindu women are allowed to re-marry. I have no idea where you obtained your misconception from. Unlike in Islam though polygamy is generally unaccepted.
2. No. It isn't true that "Hindu mother goes to clinic and perform abortion as soon as they find out its' going to be girl because Hindu girl consider burden in your religion" (Jeez dude do you talk the way you type ? If so, you really must be finding it uncomfy in the USofA ). Your misconception in the aforesaid regards is just as off mark as asking whether its true that every Bangla Muslim male emigrates to the USA to become a terrorist see :)
3. The Caste system is truly indefensible and inhumane. We evil Bhartis are however addressing that. Then again blaming our entire nation or religion for the perverted bigotry of a few is tantamount to blaming the entire Bengali nation for your obvious perverted bigotry....or indeed blaming the entire USA for the perverted bigotry of a few people who treat brown immigrants like you like 2nd class terrorists doggie poo.

Now YOU go fix your retarded mental condition before coming in here to derail threads with your stupid "evil Bharti/Hindu" comments in every thread bozzoo.

Yeah, yeah. What ever you said.

You may not be obligated to explain the Inheritance Law, but be rest assured that the one does not have to be a Muslim to know about the Quaran. It would be high bigotry if one does not want to know more about all people and their ways.

To understand the Islamic laws of inheritance as a whole it is necessary to consider the system of inheritance that operated within the Arabian peninsula prior to the revelation of the Quranic injunctions on inheritance. Although we do not have the exact details of the system that operated prior to the Quranic revelations we do know that the system of inheritance was confined to the male agnate relatives ("asaba") of the deceased. In this old customary system only the male agnates (asaba) were entitled to inherit. Amongst the male agnates there were rules of priority, which determined which of the surviving male agnates were entitled to inherit. It is likely that the rules of priority that operate amongst the asaba in Sharia are a carry-over of the old customary agnatic system. In Islamic law the son takes priority over the father who in turn takes priority over the brothers who in turn take priority over the paternal uncles.

"Allah commands you regarding your children. For the male a share equivalent to that of two females. " [Quran 4:11]

Hindu women are not allowed to marry second time!

It does indicate ignorance of what is happening around in society and I presume there are still Hindus around in Bangladesh. It does also show the arrogance that your ilk has the sole proprietary right over Bangladesh. I am afraid that would be a thought in the cuckoo's realm.

Hindu women CAN marry after the death of their husband or after a divorce. Do not conjure the profound ridiculous to force and justify your daydreams. Hindus and Christian women have equal rights and have equal inheritance right.

I hope you are aware that sonography is illegal in India.

We are aware that the caste system is not worth the candle and it is fading out. We are aware that much of the conversion, including those through Indian history, is because of this where the deprived and the lower castes converted. It is not merely because of jeziya.

Ignoring all the Bharti and ignorants. This is why this guys are protesting about. If change then it goes agains the Qur'an and Sunnah. Any muslim disagree with them. :undecided:

Contraception is allowed in Bangladesh?

Is it as per the Quaran and the Sunnah?

Modern Banking including the highly acclaimed Grameen Bank charges interest. Is that permissible in Islam?

So, one cannot quote the scriptures selectively.

O.K then. Go and lecture your Muslim citizen and leave this Islamic matter to us. If you have gut then why don't you confront your muslim citizen and lets see how they welcome your proposal to change the Qur'an and Sunnah.

Islam is not your sole property. Anyone can take interest in Islam and have his queries addressed, more so, when someone, who projects himself to be the champion fight shy to explain.

Though you claim to be the last word on Islam, may I remind you of this:

Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin most heinous indeed. (The Noble Quran, 4:48)." Therefore, Islam forms the direct relationship between a Muslim and His Creator Allah Almighty as long as a Muslim believes in One True GOD. There is no middle man between a Muslim and His Creator;

Abir babu these are some man made act but show me where in hindu scripture it has been allowed for the woman to inherit property. No where. .... same also for bible...

Now please do not come up with argument like universe has been created has destroyed several time.... so hindu scriptures law can also be changed and for saying this I have committed sin and in the next life I will be cat or rat or similar.
Firstly there is no one scripture for Hinduism. Further you might want to google Dayabhaga (for Bengal and Assam) and Mitaksara (rest of India) schools of Hindu inheritance law. Note that these are not scriptures in any sense.

Secondly, what is important is solving 21st century problems using the logic and understanding of 21st century. Pre-historic rules are hopelessly inadequate to handle the modern day complications. Hence Hindu law of inheritance is amended on regular basis. The latest was, if I am recollecting correctly, in 2005.

Btw, those who are comparing literacy rates of India to BD, should take into consideration that India has a population of 1.21 billion people, while BD has a population of 160 million people. Which means that for 1 person that GoB reaches out to, GoI has to reach out to 7.5 persons i.e. 7.5 times the effort. In spite of that India has achieved about 80% literacy. Which means over 900 million in India are literate. That is more than the population of all the countries in South Asia.

STFU. :angry: your so called country is the worst for women. they cannot work with men. your fanatics fight against equal right for women. only barbarics fight against rule of women. your country's morality is low. do not talk about my country. we have many women federal ministers and women in forces. we have women pilots.

you do not blow yourself but you massacre them. you stone them.

because no one care about your poor country. :lol: you have terrorists every where but no one in western media wants to report it. they hate pakistan so you got good image. arab countries are root of terrorism but people blame pakistan.

Falcon, I know why you hate BD. Cos in 71 one or two of your relative or family members were killed brutally. But this is 2011, and everything is changed. I always see you posting a lots of negative and irrational posts about BD. We also can say lot against PK, but we do not, cos we want nice relation.

You can dislike Bangladesh, it's you personal choice, but you can not post anything unreal based on your self-delusion to have unworthy self-esteem in you. BD is not as like as your mind thinks. BD is rightly protecting women right- no problem is here. May be some political parties are playing here.Remember, most of Bangladeshis here want a close relation with Pakistan forgetting past.

The protest was not against the woman’s right. It’s against the law contradicting Islamic law. It is unquestionable that Islamic law preserves equal rights for women.

নারীর সম অধিকারের চিন্তায় কুরআনের এই বিধানকে পরিবর্তন করার যৌক্তিকতা (!) বুঝা একে বারে সহজ। সোজা সমান অধিকার। আমি ভাই হই অথবা বোন! ছেলে হই অথবা মেয়ে- মৃতের রেখে যাওয়া সম্পদ ভাগ হবে সমানে সমান। কিন্তু আল -কুরআনে যুক্তিটা বুঝতে একটু গভীরে যেতে হবে । আল কুরআন সমবন্টনে বিশ্বাসী নয় বরং সুষম বন্টনে বিশ্বাসী। সরকারী ত্রান একটা পরিবারে ঠিক ততটাই দেয়া হবে যতটা তার প্রয়োজন পরিবারের সদস্য হিসাবে। একজনও ৫ কেজি পাবে আবার ১০ জন ও ৫কেজি পাবে সেই হিসাবে নয়। একই সাথে ইসলামের বন্টন নারী বা পুরুষ কেন্দ্রীক নয় খরচ এবং ব্যয়ভারের উপর নির্ভরশীল। মৃতের রেখে যাওয়া সম্পত্তির সর্বমোট অংশিদার হতে পারে ১২ জন। এর মধ্যে- ৮ জনই নারী আর ৪জন মাত্র পুরুষ। অথচ কুরআনের এই আইনটা শুধু মাত্র দুই জায়গায় প্রযোজ্য- মৃতের ছেলে-মেয়ে এবং ভাই-বোনের ক্ষেত্রে। বাকী অন্যান্য ক্ষেত্রে সমানে সমান। অনেক ক্ষেত্রেতো পুরুষকে সম্পত্তির অংশ থেকে বঞ্চিতও করা হয়েছে।

I dont blame indians here for talking against this law!! they are completely unaware of the significance of Quran !

I take it if the deceased had only one daughter and one son then the division of property is going to be equal among them.

3 April 2011 Last updated at 14:34 GMT

A student at an Islamic school in Bangladesh has been shot dead and at least 30 others injured during a demonstration against women's rights.

BBC News - Bangladesh protest against women's rights left one dead

1 killed in clash with police

The protests are not against women's right, it's against the misinterpretation of the Qur'an by the AL government. It's against the attempt to go against the clear direction of the Qur'an regarding the inheritance law.

Bangladeshi mullah flying kicked a police during the strike ...:rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
can u guys plz be more specific....what is the actual issue; go into it in detail so we could understand

and these Mullahs dont look like peaceful protestors...why the hell are they kicking police officers. This is nothing to laugh at, this is shameful. This is what is un-Islamic more so at least according to my view

protest is a right...but have a cool head, do it sensibly. Shouting, kicking and breaking stuff is not a way to be civilized. They are doing themselves and the country a dis-service.

Back
Top Bottom